• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Yeah, I get why they're cool, but I don't see why they should be prioritized. Whatever's chosen is already chosen anyways.
They impacted the gaming indrustry and if someone got in from the same company before those 2 it would be disappointing

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Of corse wolf came out first but doom is what inspired it all
What's your opinion on the fact that we got numerous Dragon Quest-inspired RPG characters before Hero?

D

Deleted member

They impacted the gaming indrustry and if someone got in from the same company before those 2 it would be disappointing
As someone who never played Doom and only played Crash 1, I wouldn't be too bummed out. I'd say Master Chief would be the more iconic FPS character (in the west) given how big Halo is, and Overwatch has the relevancy edge that Joker had. I don't really take legacy as the only reason to put a character in unless you're Pacman. Otherwise, Dragon Quest would have gotten into Smash way sooner than July 2019 and we would have gotten Demifiend over Joker because SMT made Persona what it is today since the NES era.

They'd be cool, but I just have no personal attachment to them.

D

Deleted member

What's your opinion on the fact that we got numerous Dragon Quest-inspired RPG characters before Hero?
Man we really are in the best timeline when Dragon Quest can beat the **** out of Final Fantasy on Corneria for stealing its western spotlight. XD

Last edited by a moderator:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If I had a physical copy of Ultimate Alliance 3 I'd trade that **** into Gamestop for 2 bucks happily.

What a frustrating experience that game is.

''Here's new DLC. You have to unlock it."

And the whole turning a pick up and go game series into a grinding fest where you have to try hard and actually focus to win was a huge mistake.

I never played the first two to have a challenging experience. They were just fun side games.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
still waiting for the day people realize smash isn't some gaming history museum and that whoever gets in is whoever the hell Sakurai thinks would be cool

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Didn't Wolfenstein come out quite a bit before Doom?
Yes, but while Wolfenstein was the first big one and was hugely influential, Doom was a massive upgrade and influence on the genre. They were also both from the same company, with only 18 months between them.

Wolfenstein was definitely first, but it's debatable which one had more of an influence on the genre's start as a whole.

D

Deleted member

Like Panda, can we talk about how Goro and Joker have big

energy right now?

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
still waiting for the day people realize smash isn't some gaming history museum and that whoever gets in is whoever the hell Sakurai thinks would be cool
speculation scene thinks smash roster selection is a complex game of 9D chess when in reality it's more like a dartboard

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Where did you hear that exactly? I thought its inspiration was this game called The Outfoxies.
The Outfoxies may be the first platform brawler but not much to show that it was the inspiration for Smash.

I've heard some people say that some people from The Outfoxies later worked on Smash 64 but not a single person is in the credits of both games.

OffBi

Smash Ace
Why hello there SmashBoards, i'm new here.
This post was supposed to go on 4chan, but alas, i'm goddamn IP blocked, so that's unfortunate.
Anyways, here we go.

It would mean to me if someone would upload this to 4chan for me.

Colour theory(AKA Rainbow theory(AKA AKA SMRPG star colours theory)):

Characters that are likely to have their colour background Green, Red, Purple, Yellow or any other, will likely not be in Smash Bros DLC. Crossed out with Red colour.

Those being:
Green: Marina, Rash, Master Chief, Grookey final evo, VectorMan, Bubble dragon, Gex.
Red: I’m in no way in hell listing all of that ****.
Purple: Waluigi, Morrigan, Shantae, Neku.
Yellow: Kat(Gravity Rush 2), Saki, Scorpion, CJ.
Others: Space Invaders, Sora, Glover, Freddy, 2B, Heihachi, Quote, Metal Mario, Kiryu.

Company rep theory:

Companies that already have an rep will most likely not be in Smash (those being Nintendo, Sega, Enix, Microsoft and Capcom( Rathalos boss battle)). Crossed out with Green colour.
Those being:
Nintendo: DeMill, Mike Jones, Porky.
Sega: Arle.
Enix: Lara Croft.
Microsoft: Conker, Steve.
Capcom: Leon, Phoenix.
(We don’t know wherever Rathalos counts as a Capcom rep so lets skip past this one)

Most likely not happening:

Crossed out with Blue colour.
First things first, I just don’t think Kaisumi and Tracer, of all characters here, will ever get into Smash, EVER.
Rayman might not be able to get in.
Heavy and Gordon might not be able to cause Lord Gaben sent that email that he would let Nintendo use them AFTER they already choose the DLC.
Ryu probably won’t appear either.
And Indie characters probably won’t happen either.
Except maybe Undertale, there is a possibility.

And voila, 4 Namco reps (Kos-Mos, Chosen Undead, Amaterasu and Klonoa), 1 Bethesda (Doom Guy) , 1 Activison (Crash) AND a Square rep (Geno), and maybe Undertale.

There is a possibility that i'm wrong, but we shouldn't trust fake leaks *looks at Tracer leak*

I personally think it's gonna be Geno, Crash and Klonoa or Frisk.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A problem with the color theory is that Roy's color is green and Ken's is white.

Last time I checked those two don't have those colors.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Why hello there SmashBoards, i'm new here.
This post was supposed to go on 4chan, but alas, i'm goddamn IP blocked, so that's unfortunate.
Anyways, here we go.

It would mean to me if someone would upload this to 4chan for me.

Colour theory(AKA Rainbow theory(AKA AKA SMRPG star colours theory)):

Characters that are likely to have their colour background Green, Red, Purple, Yellow or any other, will likely not be in Smash Bros DLC. Crossed out with Red colour.

Those being:
Green: Marina, Rash, Master Chief, Grookey final evo, VectorMan, Bubble dragon, Gex.
Red: I’m in no way in hell listing all of that ****.
Purple: Waluigi, Morrigan, Shantae, Neku.
Yellow: Kat(Gravity Rush 2), Saki, Scorpion, CJ.
Others: Space Invaders, Sora, Glover, Freddy, 2B, Heihachi, Quote, Metal Mario, Kiryu.

Company rep theory:

Companies that already have an rep will most likely not be in Smash (those being Nintendo, Sega, Enix, Microsoft and Capcom( Rathalos boss battle)). Crossed out with Green colour.
Those being:
Nintendo: DeMill, Mike Jones, Porky.
Sega: Arle.
Enix: Lara Croft.
Microsoft: Conker, Steve.
Capcom: Leon, Phoenix.
(We don’t know wherever Rathalos counts as a Capcom rep so lets skip past this one)

Most likely not happening:

Crossed out with Blue colour.
First things first, I just don’t think Kaisumi and Tracer, of all characters here, will ever get into Smash, EVER.
Rayman might not be able to get in.
Heavy and Gordon might not be able to cause Lord Gaben sent that email that he would let Nintendo use them AFTER they already choose the DLC.
Ryu probably won’t appear either.
And Indie characters probably won’t happen either.
Except maybe Undertale, there is a possibility.

And voila, 4 Namco reps (Kos-Mos, Chosen Undead, Amaterasu and Klonoa), 1 Bethesda (Doom Guy) , 1 Activison (Crash) AND a Square rep (Geno), and maybe Undertale.

There is a possibility that i'm wrong, but we shouldn't trust fake leaks *looks at Tracer leak*

I personally think it's gonna be Geno, Crash and Klonoa or Frisk.
Grookey and Sony-owned characters don't need a color theory to be extremely unlikely.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
I still haven't gotten Ultimate, namely because I don't have a Switch. And even then, I still not so sure.

Most of what I feel Ultimate offers... doesn't impress me compared to the first 3 titles.

I don't like how some of the fighters sound or act(Luigi in general) compared to their sources.

I don't like some of the choices of music(Pikmin got some crappy choices IMO)

I don't like that some fun items like the fan, parasol, & cracker launcher got the axe in favor of more gimmicky items.

I don't t like the modes offered compared to Melee, Brawl, or even 3DS.

Sakurai's views and politics concerning certain series. Ask a Legend of Zelda or Metroid fan how they feel about how their series are beibg treated.

Every original dong is just a remix or variation of the main theme. Yeah, is was like that since Melee, but it's more blatantly obvious here and, imo, not as clever and nuanced as Melee and Brawl.

Custom Moves were wasted potential that could have been used better and more improved on not only all yhe fighter thst could have benefited from them(Bowser should spit out fireballs instead of a stream) but also use them to diversify the clones(and I don't follow the echoes fighters rule conserving how Chrom and Ken are treated).

I'm beginning to wonder if the fanservice and content offered are even good, proper, respected fanservice. What Melee and Brawl offered I thought were more polished. I rather have less, but well thought-out content and fanservice than more, phoned-in messes.

You can call it nitpicking if you want.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I still haven't gotten Ultimate, namely because I don't have a Switch. And even then, I still not so sure.

Most of what I feel Ultimate offers... doesn't impress me compared to the first 3 titles.

I don't like how some of the fighters sound or act(Luigi in general) compared to their sources.

I don't like that some fun items like the fan, parasol, & cracker launcher got the axe in favor of more gimmicky items.

Sakurai's views and politics concerning certain series. Ask a Legend of Zelda or Metroid fan how they feel about how their series are beibg treated.
Metroid doubled its character count. What are you talking about?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I mean yeah. You make a lot of very valid points. Points I will openly criticize Ultimate for. But i’d be a complete tool if I let that stop me from enjoying what Ultimate has to offer. Because while it is missing a few added perks, what’s here is amazing and polished to perfection.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
He’s talking about it’s character count compared to other series (like Fire Emblem. For example). In his eyes, Metroid is a far more important series and it’s lacking in representation.
To be fair, it'd be hard to add more Metroid characters even if it had Mario or Pokémon's popularity. Add Sylux to the roster and you'd have practically every notable and realistic character that could get in Smash.

He's not wrong about Zelda though. Plenty of characters to choose from.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Metroid doubled its character count. What are you talking about?
On top of that it added two of the most requested ones from its series.

Not to mention they clear attention to fan demand for the game overall. Sure zelda could use another character but young link was still popular.

As well as all the vets added to the game. There is a lot of love spread around, more then other entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom