• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Speaking of anime, I'm in the last few episodes of Your Lie in April.

I must say, I like the second half much more than the first half. After a bit of a rough start imo (mostly due to the romance comedy cliches within), this show has found its footing nicely.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master

they got rid of that ugly yellow orange tint from the E3 trailer, but its still looks too gray

No Sega Blue Skies either

these screens are from Panzer Dragoon Saga but its the same location in lore and the colors are way better here:
2019-07-23 (1).png

2019-07-23 (11).png

2019-07-23 (10).png
My friend tells me you can adjust the coloring to your liking but I dont know where that was confirmed

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just beat Zelda: Breath of the Wild! I thought I did pretty well, considering that I wasn't used to deflecting lasers with my shield (Daruk's Protection had run out) or fighting on horseback. (I tended to climb or fast travel everywhere that I could) The developers did a great job at making Hyrule Castle feel like one part sneaking mission, one part desperate assault.

I had a setback early on where I stumbled into a White Lynel in a guard tower (I've avoided them like the plague since an encounter with a red one for a side mission, and seeing as the white one took off half of my health in one hit, now I know why I should avoid the white ones as well), which used up Mipha's Grace, but I brought more than enough healing items and arrows to take on Ganon himself. (also, I found out that Urbosa's Fury is extremely effective when he's high up in the air)

I did not expect him to be a cyborg zombie spider-monster - I figured he'd be all giant pig, all the time, given how he was initially shown as a giant smoky pig monster and constantly referred to as Ganon rather than Ganondorf.

Still, I'm glad that I used the Smash amiibo early on - it meant that I fought the final battle against Ganon with Epona, which felt special. I haven't beaten many 3D Zelda games (so far, it's just this and Majora's Mask), but this was a ton of fun once I got enough armour and weapon upgrades to survive in certain areas, and it's a shame that I held off on it for so long (I was worried about how to get around the desert and volcano areas, since I didn't have much to protect me from those conditions).

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
as much as people tell me to watch that, I cant because I find romance animes cheesy as hell
The first half of the show has its moments of cheese, but the overarching story makes up for it. The second half dials back on the cheese as well, and the last three episodes are especially tragic.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm just curious; why do people think T!Link and Young!Link should share a slot?
The two look really similar on a surface level, despite having some very different attack and movement properties.

I imagine most people who can't tell them apart are more casual players who barely ever play either of the two.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I've seen a few different romantic anime, but YLiA was never one that grabbed my attention.
Admittedly, I'm not a fan of the first few episodes. The first half follows textbook anime tropes and it's kind of average, with some stereotypical rom-com cliches mixed in. But if you can push through the first half, the second half is special.

I just finished it. I'm sorting it into B tier. Has its flaws, but it ended up being a solid show.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The two look really similar on a surface level, despite having some very different attack and movement properties.

I imagine most people who can't tell them apart are more casual players who barely ever play either of the two.
if anything I wish YL had more Majora's Mask references in his moveset to differentiate him from TL. At LEAST give him a different final smash...

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The first half of the show has its moments of cheese, but the overarching story makes up for it. The second half dials back on the cheese as well, and the last three episodes are especially tragic.
Hm, then maybe Ill give a shot. But personaly action keeps me invested,bthat or it being a horror anime

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I just

I need the full version of the Spiral Mountain remix
Just take this

and mix that with Treasure Trove Cove, Freezeezy Peak, Gruntilda's Lair, Mayahem Temple, Rusty Bucket Bay, and then put all of that into an awesome machine. Should do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom