• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
wot if your legs didn't know that they were legs
Would your legs turn into bees then?

Does mentionning bees turn you into bees if you weren't already a bee?

Is the Earth actually a giant bee?
a emote.png

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Part of the reason I love Smash so much is that I have an idea of what every game is about when they come into Smash. I’ve played a game from every franchise currently with a playable character in Smash, save for Dragon Quest, which will change once I get DQXIS in the mail.

That’s Mario, Zelda, DK, Pokémon, Splatoon, Metroid, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Pikmin, Kid Icarus, Ice Climber, F-Zero, Earthbound, Sonic, Mega Man, Pac-Man, Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Castlevania, Bayonetta, Street Fighter...whichever I’m missing. Each of those games is so different from the next, yet I’ve found enjoyment in each and every one of them that’s i could go on about a variety of games.

Prior to that challenge I set for myself, I’d mainly be obsessed with Mario and Sonic. And Pokémon. I didn’t play Ocarina of Time until I was a junior in high school. However, I’m a very different person now, and I attribute that to trying new games and learning more based on Smash.

I tried Metal Gear because of Smash. I played Metroid and Zelda because of Smash. I love them all for their own reasons.

The only games I haven’t played regarding specific Smash characters would be Shadow Dragon (Marth) Mother 3 (Lucas), Castlevania (Simon), The Binding Blade (Roy), Gyromite (ROB), and Dragon Quest (Got DQ8, DQ4, and have DQXIS on preorder)

It’s really worth trying out new stuff.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wouldn't be surprised if the next Direct had Sunshine DLC for Odyssey.

As I said before, Nintendo's tweet ain't the only thing going on (though I guess some people may have seen only that and are already pulling for stuff), plus Isle Delfino was actually on the Odyssey map before (and supposedly is on the globe itself ingame, but you can only see it in a certain light because it's colored like the water though tbh it's hard for me to make out from the pictures so idk).

Though, if it turns out to be nothing, whatever.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
college is ok i guess but im still very busy

so busy that i've been on like the second chapter of timeskip FE3H for like 2 weeks

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord

As I said before, Nintendo's tweet ain't the only thing going on (though I guess some people may have seen only that and are already pulling for stuff), plus Isle Delfino was actually on the Odyssey map before (and supposedly is on the globe itself ingame, but you can only see it in a certain light because it's colored like the water though tbh it's hard for me to make out from the pictures so idk).

I think it’s more likely that they’d go directly to Odyssey 2 than make DLC this long after its release, but IDK. I guess it could be used as filler in between Odyssey and whatever’s next, if they determined that it was really important that they do that, but Mario sells well enough that I don’t think they’d need to do that.

Imagine, though, FLUDD would be there, but, instead of wearing him on your back like in Sunshine, the only option is to capture him, and so you’re just a squirt gun backpack awkwardly hopping around on the ground.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

At this point, I wouldn't understand why they'd release Odyssey DLC. The game is nearing it's second anniversary without recieving any paid DLC. Might be better to just start working on the next game.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If they have plans for an Odyssey 2, they would likely save Isle Delfino for the next game, rather than DLC. And if they do, it'll likely be in the same way the Mario 64 reference was--which means, I'd doubt they'd advertise it, but rather make it a hidden cameo. It would be weird, either way, if it's Odyssey related.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel like you have a problem with not being able to branch out and try new things. If you let small things like branching upgrades and light RPG mechanics prevent you from playing something you might otherwise enjoy, of course there aren't going to be many games for you to play. Try being a bit more open minded, you'll enjoy things a lot more if you aren't getting so hooked on the details.
I suppose. I just... I don’t know. I really don’t like rpg elements.
You've played all the Uncharted games right?
Not yet. Haven’t gotten the chance. But they’re on my list.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I’ve always thought that Odyssey would have the same thing happen to it as Galaxy, where the devs plan DLC but have so many ideas that they make it a sequel.

The fact that there was no Odyssey DLC AND the same thing happened to BotW which did have some DLC makes it very likely in my eyes.

Mario Odyssey’s whole thing of going to different themed kingdoms makes it really easy to come up with level ideas.
Amusement Park Kingdom. A real Ghost Kingdom. Toy Kingdom. Holiday Kingdom. Pirate Kingdom.
Even going back to old Mario games you can get ideas. Isle Delfino. Yoshi’s Island. Sarasaland.

I expect an announcement by next year, and release by 2021.

I’d honestly be disappointed by Odyssey DLC being announced at this point, because that’d mean they’re probably not working on a full sequel.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I think it'll be easy to come up with kingdoms given they can go with Desert #425, Forest #173, Snow #864, and Beach #265 again.

The only interesting worlds in Odyssey were the last one, and the way-too-small/boss ones.

I know this won't go over well, but it's how I genuinely felt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I think it'll be easy to come up with kingdoms given they can go with Desert #425, Forest #173, Snow #864, and Beach #265 again.

The only interesting worlds in Odyssey were the last one, and the way-too-small/boss ones.

I know this won't go over well, but it's how I genuinely felt.
Okay but said forest is just Forest Maze in the Odyssey sequel with a groovin' remix and Geno Co-starring in the game. I would love that.

Last edited by a moderator:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
How would you feel if this was the layout of the CSS. Better or worse?

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:
:ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultness::ultlucas::ultfalcon:
:ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultgnw::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultwario::ultsnake:
:ultsonic::ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultken::ultcloud:
:ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ultmario::ultmario::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:
If you're gonna do all that, might as well have Yoshi and Wario right next to the DK and Mario characters. Maybe have all the third parties together too, no need to have Little Mac and WFT between Mega Man and Pac-Man, so that can be placed before them.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
If you're gonna do all that, might as well have Yoshi and Wario right next to the DK and Mario characters. Maybe have all the third parties together too, no need to have Little Mac and WFT between Mega Man and Pac-Man, so that can be placed before them.
This is the order each franchise joined Smash. I wasn't really going directly for a Smash 4 CSS where characters are shoved wherever they look best. This is sort of a mix between Smash 4 and Ultimate's.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
How would you feel if this was the layout of the CSS. Better or worse?

:ultmario::ultluigi::ultpeach::ultdaisy::ultbowser::ultdoc::ultrosalina::ultbowserjr::ultpiranha::ultdk::ultdiddy::ultkrool:
:ultlink::ultsheik::ultzelda::ultyounglink::ultganondorf::ulttoonlink::ultsamus::ultdarksamus::ultzss::ultridley::ultyoshi::ultkirby::ultmetaknight::ultkingdedede:
:ultfox::ultfalco::ultwolf::ultpikachu::ultjigglypuff::ultpichu::ultmewtwo::ultpokemontrainer::ultlucario::ultgreninja::ultincineroar::ultness::ultlucas::ultfalcon:
:ulticeclimbers::ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike::ultrobin::ultcorrin::ultgnw::ultpit::ultdarkpit::ultpalutena::ultwario::ultsnake:
:ultsonic::ultolimar::ultrob::ultvillager::ultisabelle::ultmegaman::ultwiifittrainer::ultlittlemac::ultpacman::ultshulk::ultduckhunt::ultryu::ultken::ultcloud:
:ultbayonetta::ultinkling::ultsimon::ultrichter::ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ultmario::ultmario::ultbrawler::ultgunner::ultswordfighter:
Banjo & Kazooie with Donkey, Diddy, K Rool--their trailer puts to rest they're still in the same universe despite the buyout. :chuckle:

I'm only half kidding. I personally prefer going by number, but that's a fine way to organize them by series. And quite bold to predict both Paper Mario and Polygon Mario 64 as the final 2 characters. ;)

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
What happened?
I'm just tired of having "surprises" spring up on us. We have a calender for scheduling when **** is supposed to be printed and nobody uses it...which then leads to us getting hammered with multiple things all in one day.

It also doesn't help that our machines are in terrible condition now and nobody wants to use the money to replace anything.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
At this point, I wouldn't understand why they'd release Odyssey DLC. The game is nearing it's second anniversary without recieving any paid DLC. Might be better to just start working on the next game.
That's true. Didn't think about that.

'guess we're getting a sequel then, if the rumors are true.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I suppose. I just... I don’t know. I really don’t like rpg elements.
It's fully possible to enjoy a game without enjoying every aspect of it. Heck, I can't think of a single game that I don't have any critisisms for but I'm able to enjoy many of them all the same.

Besides, sometimes there might still be exceptions. I generally never really liked racing games (and still don't like most) but I've poured tons of hours into Mario Kart 8. Something about that game's visuals, music and controls managed to outweigh what I usually dislike about the genre.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I'm just tired of having "surprises" spring up on us. We have a calender for scheduling when **** is supposed to be printed and nobody uses it...which then leads to us getting hammered with multiple things all in one day.

It also doesn't help that our machines are in terrible condition now and nobody wants to use the money to replace anything.
Ahh, i'm sorry. Work can be stressful.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
This is Bandana Dee's official description in Kirby Star Allies.

"That bandana! That spear! With his courage, he sets himself apart from carefree parasol holders, and he deserves a prize for his stellar attendance in the Kirby series."

C'mon Sakurai, bring the boy home.

Noipoi

Howdy!
This is Bandana Dee's official description in Kirby Star Allies.

"That bandana! That spear! With his courage, he sets himself apart from carefree parasol holders, and he deserves a prize for his stellar attendance in the Kirby series."

C'mon Sakurai, bring the boy home.
Sakurai:

no n watch.png

That's true. Didn't think about that.

'guess we're getting a sequel then, if the rumors are true.
i'd kill a man for Odyssey 2

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Got a new PowerA GameCube style Switch Pro controller because my first has a horrible drifting problem.

This time I got a warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom