• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
This is Bandana Dee's official description in Kirby Star Allies.

"That bandana! That spear! With his courage, he sets himself apart from carefree parasol holders, and he deserves a prize for his stellar attendance in the Kirby series."

C'mon Sakurai, bring the boy home.
Sakurai: "Mitsuketa, famu." ("I got you, fam")

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Nopon’s Dialogue once you unlock Elma in the realm of Challenges in Xenoblade Chronicles 2:
“Is true! Is dream of everyone to see Shulk and Elma in same place together!
Nia: “Who the heck is ‘everyone’ in that sentence?”

Come on Elma... the fact the Nopon didn’t include Rex in that sentence was possibly cause he knew Rex would be deconfirmed

To this day I still have hope...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I hope for Minecraft 2.

SNES Online, Paper Mario 6, Mario Maker 2 DLC, Free Impidimp, Metroid 5 (4? I forgot), Earthbound and Golden Sun triology (a man can dream)

Also, I can see Rare Replay because that was rumored long ago, and with Banjo in Smash, it makes perfect sense in a Marketing Strategy.

Then again, Mother 3 was rumored ever since the Switch's reveal, and that never happened, so...

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Nopon’s Dialogue once you unlock Elma in the realm of Challenges in Xenoblade Chronicles 2:
“Is true! Is dream of everyone to see Shulk and Elma in same place together!
Nia: “Who the heck is ‘everyone’ in that sentence?”

Come on Elma... the fact the Nopon didn’t include Rex in that sentence was possibly cause he knew Rex would be deconfirmed

To this day I still have hope...
Nah, the Nopon Sage didn't mention Rex because he knew that the lad was inevitable...for Fighter's Pass 2, of course.

please Sakurai

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hey y'all am'a at Niagara Falls now at my mom's place. Just chilling until going to the sky tower for dinner waiting for my mom's boyfriend.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
13 Reasons Why Season 3 released today.

My body isn't ready for this inevitable trainwreck, but I'm gonna watch it anyway due to my cursed curiosity.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I still don't know who the target audience of 13 Reasons Why is suppossed to be.
I heard the book is way better than the show. Never read it.

Either way, 13RW is one of my most hated shows. It's in solid F tier. Has many story-telling problems, and mental health should've been handled with more care. Just a mess, really.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Either way, 13RW is one of my most hated shows. It's in solid F tier. Has many story-telling problems, and mental health should've been handled with more care. Just a mess, really.
I wouldn’t have so many problems with it if it didn’t show suicide methods in such graphic detail...

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I hope for Minecraft 2.

SNES Online, Paper Mario 6, Mario Maker 2 DLC, Free Impidimp, Metroid 5 (4? I forgot), Earthbound and Golden Sun triology (a man can dream)

Also, I can see Rare Replay because that was rumored long ago, and with Banjo in Smash, it makes perfect sense in a Marketing Strategy.

Then again, Mother 3 was rumored ever since the Switch's reveal, and that never happened, so...
I’d rather have the og banjo games remade N. Sane style. Along with DK64 so they can implement Stop n Swap as originally intended

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Yeah, I was so uncomfortable trying to watch it, and not in the way it was intended. I hope future media can represent mental illnesses better than this show did.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
people are complaining about the size of the bees in Minecraft.

I, for one, think they're magnificent.

though I guess they are comically bigger than the flowers and almost their own nest.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I hope for Minecraft 2.

As much as I want Rare Replay, it's difficult for me to see that happening given Microsoft's PR statement. I just don't see any reason to say there are no more plans yet for more first party titles on other consoles if there were games still in the plans.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
As much as I want Rare Replay, it's difficult for me to see that happening given Microsoft's PR statement. I just don't see any reason to say there are no more plans yet for more first party titles on other consoles if there were games still in the plans.
Microsoft: Banjo in Smash!

Also Microsoft: doesn't release Banjo games to their main audience.

:dk:

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
That statement's headline was misleading. They were talking about new games and studios going forward.

Last edited:

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I wouldn’t have so many problems with it if it didn’t show suicide methods in such graphic detail...
I've never actually watched the show, but from what I've heard the much greater issue is how it depicts the ideas of suicide to the point of near idealization. Again, I don't know the specifics, but showing methods can be a positive thing about promoting additional awareness to the methods and informing the public watching the show on the issues and how to best prevent uncommonly thought of methods... That said, from what I've heard, I have no faith that the show handles those details in a helpful and meaningful way and have to expect it to go for shock and insensitivity.

Yay, I don't post in this thread for a couple weeks and this is the post I'm coming back with lol.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

though I guess they are comically bigger than the flowers and almost their own nest.
I mean, this is the same series where Spiders are as big as a fence, I don't see the issue.
Microsoft: Banjo in Smash!

Also Microsoft: doesn't release Banjo games to their main audience.

:dk:
They're gonna do some stupid **** and release a Young Banjo VR game.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The Persona 5 anime is pretty terrible but it does have some great tunes...

This song in particular is really nice.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
That statement's headline was misleading. They were talking about new games and studios going forward.
I was assuming the existing commitments being honored was referring to all the ones already announced. I guess that could also be interpreted as commitments that have yet to be announced--still, I feel like erring on the side of caution is best. Even if the sources of the rumors were accurate, plans can change, and as we've seen, characters have come to Smash without big titles associated with them coming out (or sometimes taken years to come out). We'll find out. :lol:

EDIT:
So that's the real reason for Nintendo Labo...

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mean, this is the same series where Spiders are as big as a fence, I don't see the issue.

yeah, some people excuse the spiders because "that's common in fantasy games." uh, okay, don't think that matters. Someone said the bee complaints aren't because of realism, but people still argue against the spider point like this when it's brought up, as if it is about realism.

and that's a big oof.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
yeah, some people excuse the spiders because "that's common in fantasy games." uh, okay, don't think that matters. Someone said the bee complaints aren't because of realism, but people still argue against the spider point like this when it's brought up, as if it is about realism.
1 half of Minecraft starts off with punching a tree, and the other half allows you to pretty much be Minecraft God.

I don't think there's any realism here.

RandomAce

Smash Champion

They’re bigger than the rabbits.

No I’m still not happy that they made the rabbits smaller.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
They have to keep aunt in for yet another day... virus is gone and blood pressure is improving but she seems to have a bacterial infection now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom