• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
We got a new spirit comin' on the way.

So I’m probably going to drop Amazon points to get Gears 5 for free, considering I have a good amount from my rather large payment last month.

However, considering the amount I’m going to have to pay for THAT purchase for next month, I’m pretty sure i’m going to have an absolutely ridonkulous amount of points.

My gaming list has been reduced to basically 5 coming out of my wallet (or Amazon points). Looking like:

Gears 5
Borderlands 3
Link’s Awakening
Luigi’s Mansion
Pokémon Sword

Still want Astral Chain and DOOM...and I usually get both Pokémon games. But maybe I’ll get them for Christmas...

What games are you all looking forward to?
Shantae And The Seven Sirens
Luigi's Mansion 3
Pokemon Sword And Shield
Animal Crossing New Horizions
Detective Pikachu 2

D

Deleted member

So I’m probably going to drop Amazon points to get Gears 5 for free, considering I have a good amount from my rather large payment last month.

However, considering the amount I’m going to have to pay for THAT purchase for next month, I’m pretty sure i’m going to have an absolutely ridonkulous amount of points.

My gaming list has been reduced to basically 5 coming out of my wallet (or Amazon points). Looking like:

Gears 5
Borderlands 3
Link’s Awakening
Luigi’s Mansion
Pokémon Sword

Still want Astral Chain and DOOM...and I usually get both Pokémon games. But maybe I’ll get them for Christmas...

Borderlands, Luigi's Mansion and DOOM are definitely the games at the top of my priority right now. I'm still undecided on Astral Chain and Pokemon but chances are I'll get them eventually.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Any arenas up rn?

Gears 5
Borderlands 3
Link’s Awakening
Luigi’s Mansion
Pokémon Sword

The only game i'm planning on getting this year is Luigi's Mansion.

I'm also getting Animal Crossing and BotW 2 for sure.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Considering the main reason he came back was "everyone is here", I don't think differentiating him was a huge priority. Still, you would think they'd at least give him a Fierce Diety Final Smash.

It's also a shame he has no Razor Sword or Mirror Shield, especially since those changes would be purely aesthetic and easy to implement. Oh well.
Yeah. I’m a little disappointed they didn’t go all out with Majora’s mask for Yink. If we should have any two characters take primarily from OoT, it should be Shiek and Ganondorf.

Seriously. Why is Shiek based on Breath of the Wild? She’s not even in that game! I know she wasn’t in Twilight Princess either, but that was an artifact of when she was still connected to Zelda and her moveset.

R O F L

Smash Ace
You're not officially brave until you lock yourself in the basement during a thunderstorm, turn off all the lights, and play Luigi's Mansion 3.
There is legit no rain where I live.

So I can never be brave :(

Edit: I also don't have a basement

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
You're not officially brave until you lock yourself in the basement during a thunderstorm, turn off all the lights, and play Luigi's Mansion 3.
You're not officially brave unless you happen to be Hero

Sorry. That joke has probably overstayed it's welcome

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
At this point, I'm mainly hoping to get caught up on my backlog before getting any new games, but in terms of games with actual release dates, Doom Eternal's a big one (though it's weirdly not available for pre-order for the Switch, at least for Best Buy and EB Games - I'm hoping that it's not like Wolfenstein Youngblood, where there's no physical cartridge and you have to download it),

There's also Ori and the Blind Forest (beat it before, but I've got no problem with double-dipping), A Hat In Time (haven't looked into the game too much, but it reminds me of Wind Waker's art style, and I like that we're getting more 3D platformers), Dragon Quest XI (the demo has helped a lot), and Link's Awakening.

I'm hoping to get Fire Emblem: Three Houses at some point (from what little I've seen of it, it looks good), but I want to beat Fire Emblem Fates first. Same thing goes for Pokemon Sword/Shield (want to beat Pokemon Y first) and Luigi's Mansion 3 (want to beat Mario World or Mario 64 first). Astral Chain could be fun, but I want to complete some of my physical Switch games first.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Astral Chain
Gears 5
Link's Awakening
Doom Eternal
Pokémon Sword (a lot less than usual though)
Borderlands 3
Yakuza 4 and 5 remasters
Code Vein
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep
Luigi's Mansion 3
Planet Zoo
Star Wars Fallen Order
Sakura Wars
Ori and the will of the Wisps
Under-Night In-Birth CLR
Final Fantasy 7 remake
Watch Dogs 3
DBZ: Kakarot
Halo Infinite
Lego Star Wars Skywalker Saga
No More Heroes 3
Tales of Arise
Granblue Fantasy Versus
Guilty Gear
King of Fighters XV

I could go on. But I won't.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I probably won't get Disney's Streaming thing, but I'm glad Moon Knight's getting dapped up finally. I've been meaning to read some of his old comics.

Moon Knight and Spider-Man.jpg

I do wonder if negotiations with Sony are still going on, probably. I just hope another company won't get completely absorbed into Disney by the end of it all.

Mostly playing catch-up with titles released earlier this year by Holiday season. I've mostly been messing around with Smash, getting bopped at Cuphead, and practicing DBFZ and Tekken 7, despite me not paying for the online services cause I'm a cheapskate.(Though I played online early on, it's fun but really rough.)

Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
Devil May Cry 5
maybe MK8DX

Those are the main console titles I'm looking forward too.

Maybe Mega Man X DiVE will make me play a mobile game for once.

EDIT: Damn, when I was typing this, it said someone else posted, so I thought I was in the clear. My B.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Gears 5
Borderlands 3
Link’s Awakening
Luigi’s Mansion
Pokémon Sword

Astral Chain, Luigi’s Mansion 3, the Ghostbusters remaster, the MediEvil remaster, Mario & Sonic at the Olympics, the FFVII Remake, and MAYBE SwSh. I have it on my list, but it really depends on what the starters evolve into.

GameFreak please, break from tradition and show them off in the September direct, please!

AHSKDBDJDB MOON KNIGHT SHOW!
Show. Not movie. And you have to buy Disney+ to watch it.

From where i’m standing, this is a negative.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It took me a while to start it up but I finally watched John Wick: Chapter 2. Fun movie, and Keanu Reeves is...well, breathtaking.

Now I'm on to Parabellum.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Idk bout you, but as a Disney fan, Disney+ seems like a pretty great package

Pretty much all the essential Disney (including ones that we're famously part of the vault), Marvel, Pixar, Fox, and National Geographic films and shows all in one place, and then some

That and it's gonna be half the price of something like Netflix

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
AHSKDBDJDB MOON KNIGHT SHOW!

Frankly I don't expect Donkey Kong, Maylene, and Gex until a little under a month before release.
Please let that leak be fake. Please let that leak be fake. Please let that leak be fake. Please let that leak be fake. Please let that leak be fake. Please let that leak be fake.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Idk bout you. but as a Disney fan, Disney+ seems a pretty great package

Pretty much all the essential Disney (including ones that we're famously part of the vault), Marvel, Pixar and Fox films all in one place, and then some

Don't forget National Geographic as well. There's a ton of great stuff there.

Also can't wait for the Parks panel. The EPCOT changes they've shown the press so far look great.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Idk bout you. but as a Disney fan, Disney+ seems a pretty great package

Pretty much all the essential Disney (including ones that we're famously part of the vault), Marvel, Pixar and Fox films and shows all in one place, and then some

I guess that’s where we differ considering I treat the mouse like Voldemort. I just... I don’t understand the appeal. Of course, like any big company there are a handful of things I enjoy, but it’s so disproportionate that it’s not worth any asking price. Especially since I’m considering dropping Marvel media from my diet almost entirely, with that almost being there exclusively because of the potential of a new MvC. I never liked Star Wars, Fox doesn’t have anything that interesting in it for me since I don’t like to be scared and I don’t find Seth McFarlane funny, and the core Disney company just makes me angry looking at it. Like, no joke. When I was still a camp counselor, we had to watch two Disney movies with the kids (TS4 and ABL) and I just sat there getting mad.

Now if WB, Universal, and Viacom all banded together and put their libraries under one roof, that i’d Buy.

But I can’t be the only one who’s getting tired of all these subscription fees. I can’t wait for the day when we can buy a bundle of all the major streaming services for an extremely discounted price (basically the digital version of a cable package).

Noipoi

Howdy!
I guess that’s where we differ considering I treat the mouse like Voldemort. I just... I don’t understand the appeal. Of course, like any big company there are a handful of things I enjoy, but it’s so disproportionate that it’s not worth any asking price. Especially since I’m considering dropping Marvel media from my diet almost entirely, with that almost being there exclusively because of the potential of a new MvC. I never liked Star Wars, Fox doesn’t have anything that interesting in it for me since I don’t like to be scared and I don’t find Seth McFarlane funny, and the core Disney company just makes me angry looking at it. Like, no joke. When I was still a camp counselor, we had to watch two Disney movies with the kids (TS4 and ABL) and I just sat there getting mad.

Now if WB, Universal, and Viacom all banded together and put their libraries under one roof, that i’d Buy.

But I can’t be the only one who’s getting tired of all these subscription fees. I can’t wait for the day when we can buy a bundle of all the major streaming services for an extremely discounted price (basically the digital version of a cable package).
Perhaps you should do something about getting mad at Disney movies.

Not liking them? Sure, I heavily disagree but whatever man. But getting physically mad at them? Why?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So now that mario sunshine is very likely to make a return, how hyped are you?

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
So now that mario sunshine is very likely to make a return, how hyped are you?
Considering mario sunshine was my absolute favorite childhood game, extremely. Is it actually happening though? Don't wanna get my hopes up.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208

Please let that leak be fake. Please let that leak be fake. Please let that leak be fake. Please let that leak be fake. Please let that leak be fake. Please let that leak be fake.
I mean, it's a leak that's been 100% accurate thus far, IIRC. It's hard to deny at this point.

When I was still a camp counselor, we had to watch two Disney movies with the kids (TS4 and ABL) and I just sat there getting mad.
To be frank, if you were actually getting upset that you had to watch a couple of movies with the kids, it's a good thing you aren't a camp counselor anymore for their sake.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I wonder if we'll get a new DK game any time soon. It would be nice to see King K Rool make a return to his series, seems more likely with his recent appearance in smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom