• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
if it wasn't for twitter, i never would've met my best friends
so y'all can shut the **** up
If you met your best friends on twitter, then great. Glad you made good friends on there.
But, the platform is far from perfect and while it's helped with connections, it's definitely not free from sin.
No need for that attitude, either.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Twitter's good for getting updates for your favorite stuff, memes, and if you want to laugh at stupid stuff, but the callout and cancel culture over there is awful. One little slip, and boom, 6ft(or 1.829 meters for you Metrics) under.

Sometimes, they do catch the right person under the cancel radar though, like Alinity and Brooke Houts for abusing their pets (and yet, both still have a platform... somehow).

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ugh. I hate Twitter.

Like, I legitimately loathe that it's a thing.
Gotta be frank, for all my Twitter Dot Com memes, I don't have a actual Twitter account.

I just don't like the way some peoples present themselves there, and the person I follow are generally artist & memers, outside of that, I try to avoid going too deep in there to avoid mood ruining posts.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Twitter was my main source of stress when the Dexit drama started. Used a browser extension to block myself from that website and I've been much more chill about that controversy since.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Late to the topic, but...

Smash 4’s roster just boils down to the lack of K. Rool and Ridley for me. The roster just felt a little empty without them. I could never shake the feeling that they were missing. It would be like if Brawl didn’t have Diddy Kong and Wario. The inclusion of just one of them would have gone a long way.

And just personally speaking my favorite Smash inclusions tend to be the supporting characters and villains, they make the roster a bit richer, new franchises are fun but the main characters for each series are rarely the most interesting, at least as far as Nintendo is concerned. I’m not against new franchises and I think in a perfect world Ultimate could have used a couple more (mainly Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven), but when the most exciting character inclusions for Smash 4 are two third party inclusions (Mega Man and Cloud), a cut Pokemon, and Palutena, it’s hard to not feel like Ultimate just creams it, especially with DLC. The Fighters Pass is infinitely better packaged than whatever the hell the Smash 4 DLC was.

Still, I don’t want to harp on Smash 4 too much, it establishes a lot of important things for the series, but Ultimate really feels more like the sequel I hoped to see since Brawl and I’d say it’s pretty damn Special as well.
Smash 4 felt like Ridley's game, IMO. While it's great he was in Smash Ultimate, I think his introduction felt a little flat after the disappointment his fans (myself included) felt.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Mainly use Twitter to look for art and memes.

And sometimes I check to see what some competitive Smash players are up to.

But outside of posting a couple of photos from my Switch so I can share them here, I’ve never posted on Twitter.

D

Deleted member

Twitter's good for getting updates for your favorite stuff, memes, and if you want to laugh at stupid stuff, but the callout and cancel culture over there is awful. One little slip, and boom, 6ft(or 1.829 meters for you Metrics) under.

Sometimes, they do catch the right person under the cancel radar though, like Alinity and Brooke Houts for abusing their pets (and yet, both still have a platform... somehow).
Alinty is still around because Twitch staff are notoriously biased towards streamers they like. Several other big streamers have been banned for significantly less than what she does.
It's part of the reason why people are hopeful that Mixer will grow and offer some real competition.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Make no mistake, it's a good thing that we've gotten so many series crossing over into Smash Ultimate. I love me some Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. But at some point, it has to be pointed out that it's a good thing that Smash is so much more than a Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon fighting game.

The Super Mario series has 9 fighters that have the symbol, with Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong also finding their way in the game. Sure, they have their own series. But they're highly tied to the Mario series itself. If you include Diddy and K.Rool, that brings the total "Mario Universe" characters to 14. Out of the entire Smash roster, which is currently at 73 fighters including Banjo (with echoes included, we're almost at 80), roughly 16% of the roster is Mario related.

The Pokemon series has 10 Fighters. As a series, it has roughly 12.5%-13% of the roster. Combined with Mario, that's a whopping 29% of the roster. With Zelda, you have 6 characters, which is only 7.5%-8% of the roster. Combined with Mario and Pokemon, that makes 37% of the roster. In total, these three likely largest groups of characters (you could point out that I combined 4 series into Super Mario despite them not being labeled that way, but I fail to see how that truly dismisses what I'm saying. They appeal to similar fans considering they mostly appear in the same games) amount to almost 40% of the playable roster. Fire Emblem has the most characters outside of these three series, with 7 characters, making it placing 3rd behind Pokemon and Mario.

With stage totals: Mario has 17/105 (when not including Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario. If you do, it's an additional 9 from all three series) , Pokemon has 7/105, Zelda has 9/105. Combined, it totals to 33 stages among 3 series which would be 31.4% of the total, so only a few stages off from 1/3. The series with the next most stages is Kirby, with 6 stages.

I could go on. Smash Wii U/3DS is probably going to go down as the weakest entry in terms of scope and vision. However, it's simply instrumental in the creation of Ultimate. If you don't do Wii U/3DS, and the Wii U doesn't crap the bed, I think Ultimate turns out much differently.

Basically, if you ask me, we should want more new series added. Considering the big three take up a 3rd of the game roughly in characters and stages, I don't think it's exactly farfetched to say they've got more than enough content.

What I find incredibly interesting is that folks don't make a big deal out of 1st party series being "equal", but do with 3rd parties. Though, I'm sure it has more to do with feeling one's favorite series got the short end of the stick. I would think Sakurai picks things based on what's different and cool and not, "Well, can't add that cool stage idea if the series aren't even!" or "Welp, can't add this character because then it's uneven.

I'm basically rambling at this point.

Last edited:

R O F L

Smash Ace
What ever happened to the XBox gamepass on the Switch? I know it was just a rumor, but was it like, ever confirmed fake or anything? It is still likely at all?

I wanna play Banjo but I just have nintendo consoles and a crappy desktop PC :c

Noipoi

Howdy!
Make no mistake, it's a good thing that we've gotten so many series crossing over into Smash Ultimate. I love me some Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon. But at some point, it has to be pointed out that it's a good thing that Smash is so much more than a Mario, Zelda, and Pokemon fighting game.

The Super Mario series has 9 fighters that have the symbol, with Yoshi, Wario, and Donkey Kong also finding their way in the game. Sure, they have their own series. But they're highly tied to the Mario series itself. If you include Diddy and K.Rool, that brings the total "Mario Universe" characters to 14. Out of the entire Smash roster, which is currently at 73 fighters including Banjo (with echoes included, we're almost at 80), roughly 16% of the roster is Mario related.

The Pokemon series has 10 Fighters. As a series, it has roughly 12.5%-13% of the roster. Combined with Mario, that's a whopping 29% of the roster. With Zelda, you have 6 characters, which is only 7.5%-8% of the roster. Combined with Mario and Pokemon, that makes 37% of the roster. In total, these three likely largest groups of characters (you could point out that I combined 4 series into Super Mario despite them not being labeled that way, but I fail to see how that truly dismisses what I'm saying. They appeal to similar fans considering they mostly appear in the same games) amount to almost 40% of the playable roster. Fire Emblem has the most characters outside of these three series, with 7 characters, making it placing 3rd behind Pokemon and Mario.

With stage totals: Mario has 17/105 (when not including Donkey Kong, Yoshi, and Wario. If you do, it's an additional 9 from all three series) , Pokemon has 7/105, Zelda has 9/105. Combined, it totals to 33 stages among 3 series which would be 31.4% of the total, so only a few stages off from 1/3. The series with the next most stages is Kirby, with 6 stages.

I could go on. Smash Wii U/3DS is probably going to go down as the weakest entry in terms of scope and vision. However, it's simply instrumental in the creation of Ultimate. If you don't do Wii U/3DS, and the Wii U doesn't crap the bed, I think Ultimate turns out much differently.

Basically, if you ask me, we should want more new series added. Considering the big three take up a 3rd of the game roughly in characters and stages, I don't think it's exactly farfetched to say they've got more than enough content.

What I find incredibly interesting is that folks don't make a big deal out of 1st party series being "equal", but do with 3rd parties. Though, I'm sure it has more to do with feeling one's favorite series got the short end of the stick. I would think Sakurai picks things based on what's different and cool and not, "Well, can't add that cool stage idea if the series aren't even!" or "Welp, can't add this character because then it's uneven.

I will not rest until Farfetch’d gets in.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I mean, Mario and Pokemon dominate the roster for a reason. They're two of the most iconic video game franchises in existence, not to mention the fact that they're easily Nintendo's top two most popular and most profitable franchises. A lot of people like their games, and that's probably why Sakurai goes to such great lengths to add them in each Smash.

Personally, it takes more than just being from a new franchise to get my support. Smash 4 had a ton of new franchises, but if I'm being honest, AC was the only new first-party franchise that I actually cared to see get in Smash. Not saying WFT, Little Mac, and Shulk aren't worthy enough to be in Smash, but I never really considered them or the addition of their franchises to be on the same level as Rosalina or Mewtwo.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Nonono, it's about Daganronpa, and a 13 year old said that the characters skirts look uncomfortable, so naturally a Twitter user with 11k followers sent her fanbase to harass her.

So I'm saying, don't harass 13 year olds because of their opinion.
The 13 y/o aint wrong, How thr **** is Chihiros skirt that puffy and big, where the hell did he buy that damn thing

AND HOW DOES SAKURAS SKIRT FIT HER

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
>TFW the Dora movie is getting positive reviews.
Don't forget about the Angry Birds Movie 2

It currently has a higher rotten tomatoes score than Detective Pikachu, making it currently the highest rated video game movie on the site

in case you're wondering, it's at 82%, compared to Pikachu's 68% (albeit only 28 critics reviewed it so far, while Pikachu was reviewed by 283 of em, so the number'll likely fluctuate over time)

Reminder that the first Angry Birds only has a measly 44%. This one's nearly double that amount.

If it stays at 75% or higher when it gets 80 reviews, It'll be certified fresh, being the first video game movie to receive that honor

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Super Smash Bros. Crusade has released their SmashCon trailer.

It's not much. Mostly resprites of :ultfox::ultmarth::ultfalco::ultyoshi:&:ultpichu:

Now they need to do Donkey Kong & Zero Suit Samus.

D

Deleted member

Super Smash Bros. Crusade has released their SmashCon trailer.

It's not much. Mostly resprites of :ultfox::ultmarth::ultfalco::ultyoshi:&:ultpichu:

Now they need to do Donkey Kong & Zero Suit Samus.
SSF2 is gonna have 2 MORE characters revealed this year. I'm so excited!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

So, today actually is FNAF’s fifth anniversary.

I’m going to be totally honest, I really enjoy the games, They have their flaws, but overall a pleasant experience.

Excited to see what the new game has in store.

D

Deleted member

They are? They revealed Simon, Krystal, Rayman, & Waluigi last year.

Is there more?
yeah. If you check out the stream, you'll see on the menu that there's 3 locked characters: 2 secrets, labeled day 1 and day 2, and one that says Waluigi: Day 3.

Ivander

Smash Legend
So a simple question with FE Three Houses. Can you do multiple Group tasks? Or can you only do one at a time?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean, Mario and Pokemon dominate the roster for a reason. They're two of the most iconic video game franchises in existence, not to mention the fact that they're easily Nintendo's top two most popular and most profitable franchises. A lot of people like their games, and that's probably why Sakurai goes to such great lengths to add them in each Smash.

Personally, it takes more than just being from a new franchise to get my support. Smash 4 had a ton of new franchises, but if I'm being honest, AC was the only new first-party franchise that I actually cared to see get in Smash. Not saying WFT, Little Mac, and Shulk aren't worthy enough to be in Smash, but I never really considered them or the addition of their franchises to be on the same level as Rosalina or Mewtwo.
I think it's beneficial in two ways to add new series, not just for Smash but for Nintendo.

1) It exposes people who wouldn't be interested in them to try them out and learn more about them. If newer series weren't added, such as Xenoblade or Punch-Out!!, then it doesn't give fans a chance to actually interact with the series, or even further, Nintendo and gaming history.

2) Nintendo gets to capitalize on it and make more money. Fire Emblem is the prime example of Smash as a vehicle for marketing. Fire Emblem wasn't really on the minds of anybody in the West around the time of Melee, and it's now one of the most profitable series for Nintendo and is growing.

More than anything, I think Sakurai literally is just looking for what's the most fun or interesting, and new. If he decided to stick to stuff that sold then...Smash would probably get stale.

If the newcomers from different series are boring to you, I'd highly recommend you play some of their games. They're excellent.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

It currently has a higher rotten tomatoes score than Detective Pikachu, making it currently the highest rated video game movie on the site

in case you're wondering, it's at 82%, compared to Pikachu's 68% (albeit only 28 critics reviewed it so far, while Pikachu was reviewed by 283 of em, so the number'll likely fluctuate over time)

Reminder that the first Angry Birds only has a measly 44%. This one's nearly double that amount.

If it stays at 75% or higher when it gets 80 reviews, It'll be certified fresh, being the first video game movie to receive that honor
>Angry Birds 2 above Detective Pikachu.

I can't even...

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So apparently my area has some kidnapping issue going on, or some issue where people try to "recruit" people by strangely approaching them (usually at night) and trying to get them to join their "church" (it's a cult), which may or may not tie into trafficking.

From what I can tell, they mostly approach college girls, but I hear that they also approach guys as well, and I, a college freshie who likes running at night, would be lying if I were to say I wasn't a wee bit... worried.

Noipoi

Howdy!

What if Angry Birds 2 is actually a masterpiece

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom