• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Math is by far the least interesting topic I've come across on this forum

At this point I'd rather talk about box theory again

D

Deleted member

LOL If you brighten up the teaser, it says....

“Probably the worst idea he’s ever had.”
“Stopped caring after dream theory,”
“It’s like he doesn’t even care anymore.”
“Five years for this?”
“Are we a joke to you?”

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Scott Cawthon just updated his website...
View attachment 234105
The new FNAF game is looking ****ing wild.

Also, this is now about the 4th time we had a "final" FNAF game.
Scott also posted a random image with the number "58" on it. When brightened, you can see this text.

1565294951845.png

Why is this so funny to me?

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Math is by far the least interesting topic I've come across on this forum

At this point I'd rather talk about box theory again
But math is the universe and the fundamental nature of reality. I can think of... some less interesting topics than that. :chuckle:

(schools do a huge disservice to real math)

D

Deleted member

Dunno, but I find the complaints about too many new franchises added in Smash 4 from the last few pages quite funny. I am going to say that is quite disappointing when Nintendo fans don't even try other Nintendo franchises.

D

Deleted member

Every time I get out

He pulls me back in
You can never escape his icy cold grip.

Apparently he said a deal has been signed for a Triple A game, but that this is different, and it’s a solo project. Can’t wait either way.

Really, FNAF is over, but I’m happy he’s still doing small things like this to get people excited and help us put the pieces together.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just got back from Once Upon A Time In Hollywood. While it's not as plot-heavy as, say, Avengers Endgame, I'm going to put my impressions in a spoiler tag just to be on the safe side. (also because it could get long)

It's not my favourite Tarantino movie, but it's not my least favourite either - it's somewhere in the middle. I haven't seen Jackie Brown yet, but while I liked Once Upon A Time... over the Hateful Eight and Death Proof, I can't really put it over any of the others. (then again, he has a really good filmography in my eyes)

The first hour or so of the movie was a little slow, but it really picked up in the second half, with some scenes giving me vibes of the opening scene in his World War Two movie about Brad Pitt killin' Nazis that I can't name or else risk accusations of censor dodging. Unlike that movie or Django Unchained, I was unfamiliar with the context behind this movie, but it still did a great job with building up tension, and I knew that something terrible was going to happen. (or did happen in reality - I think a lot of people figured, from the announcement of this movie and the two Tarantino movies that I mentioned, that this movie was going to divert from historical events and end with the Manson "family" being massacred in a bloody fashion)

Margot Robbie was a little underused, and she didn't get much dialogue, but she still did a great job with the role, getting across her character's nerves, enthusiasm, and relief with acting alone. As well, she made for a great contrast with Leonardo DiCaprio's character, a rising star compared to his falling one. Speaking of DiCaprio, he REALLY showed off his range here, in a different way from Django Unchained. Thanks to his character's role as an actor, he got to show himself in all sorts of roles over the course of the movie, with a deep-seated insecurity and nervous stutter that I did not associate with Leo as an actor.

All in all, I thought the movie came together really well. I thought Mike Moh as Bruce Lee was wasted, though, and I really wish that the initial Wikipedia summary that I had seen (where Bruce Lee shows up to help beat up the Manson "family") was accurate. I chalk his big scene up to Cliff's unreliable memory, because the least realistic part of the movie (and that's including the flamethrower) was the idea that Brad Pitt could last more than five seconds against Bruce Lee in a fight.

I also picked up Detective Pikachu on DVD afterwards, which makes this the first Pokemon movie (and Pokemon card) that I've gotten in a long time.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Huh? What did i miss? There is gonna be another FNAF game?
Yup. Scott is just referring to it as "58" for now. I'm guessing it's a code name until the actual title is revealed. Apparently it's going to be a smaller project that exists purely for fun, according to him.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hey, this is an announcement: Don't harass 13 year olds on the internet. Some crap's going down in the DR community because someone said that the shorts skirts look uncomfortable.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hey, this is an announcement: Don't harass 13 year olds on the internet. Some crap's going down in the DR community because someone said that the shorts skirts look uncomfortable.
What.

Let's keep conversation about it to a minimum if it involves 13 year olds and short skirts.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What.

Let's keep conversation about it to a minimum if it involves 13 year olds and short skirts.
Nonono, it's about Daganronpa, and a 13 year old said that the characters skirts look uncomfortable, so naturally a Twitter user with 11k followers sent her fanbase to harass her.

So I'm saying, don't harass 13 year olds because of their opinion.

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nonono, it's about Daganronpa, and a 13 year old said that the characters skirts look uncomfortable, so naturally a Twitter user with 11k followers sent her fanbase to harass her.

Ugh. I hate Twitter.

Like, I legitimately loathe that it's a thing.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

That's sad. I hope they recover quickly.
Twitter is hell on earth, on another note.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Ideally, we shouldn't harass anyone for their opinion, but we all know how the internet works...

It's a shame that people use influence like that to be jerks and have their followers target people that disagree with them.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Detective Pikachu isn't a film I'll be going out of my way to get but if I ever see it on a good deal for blu-ray like 8-10 dollars I'll definitely pick it up then. :)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Social media was a mistake

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Holy **** how are the Keto spambots still going today, I thought their activity was restricted to the early morning but there’s been posts every hour
I'm up late most nights, so I clear what I can almost all the time (there's infinitely more being caught/not posted publicly, as well as ones that slip under the radar/I have to manually do a sweep for), but it's a never ending battle/fruitless effort. The word keto even out of context makes me see red at this point.

That said just passing by at this time, eating adbots, souls and double posts.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
As a whole, Social Media actually kinda sucks. It allows **** like that to happen, too easily and too often, at that.
Yeah I blocked my aunt on Facebook yesterday.

So that's a thing.

R O F L

Smash Ace
Crap, I missed the math conversation, so lemme add this real quick...

Math is fun as heck, especially Trigonometry and Trigonometry. I'm currently doing Algebra 2 and i'm liking it.
I'm gonna try and get as far as I can in Math as possible.

Social media was a mistake
That is why I have chosen to have no social media besides Facebook, which I don't even use much. I think I made a wise decision.

D

Deleted member

if it wasn't for twitter, i never would've met my best friends
so y'all can shut the **** up

Noipoi

Howdy!
On the one hand, Twitter is trash.

On the other hand, animation studios use Twitter to hire people.

So I guess I’m the trash man.

D

Deleted member

On the one hand, Twitter is trash.

On the other hand, animation studios use Twitter to hire people.

So I guess I’m the trash man.
Twitter isn’t trash. It’s the people who can be there that are trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom