• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

It’s cuz I’m so absent minded.

I’m constantly thinking about other things it’s hard to get my mind to focus on a bunch of numbers.
Wrong, it’s 12.

Wait! It’s 4! Now my math skills suck. You must have rubbed off on me. Thanks a lot. :troll:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
For the longest time I thought the year 2000 didn’t exist. I thought it went from 1999 to 2001.

I was a dumb kid.
While I didn't have that problem, I have (and to some extent still do) have a problem with the Gregorian calendar going from 1 BCE to 1 CE, meaning the 21st century is 2000s, not 2100s. :chuckle:

And I'm supposed to be going into astronomy... I at least need to get calendars down to do anything (granted the subfield, cosmology, deals with billions of years, with a margin of error of millions so maybe I'll be okay).

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I feel like Fire Emblem Three Houses really tries to minimize the combat portion of the game. They feel secondary to the life sim aspect of the game.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
***** my math skills are poor now

I’m probably gonna flunk college based on my math alone.
Dont worry, I failed my math classes many times and withdrew from another because of stress. I only passed with a D and those credits didnt even transfer but its better then building up stress and retaking the class

StormC

Smash Hero
Late to the topic, but...

Smash 4’s roster just boils down to the lack of K. Rool and Ridley for me. The roster just felt a little empty without them. I could never shake the feeling that they were missing. It would be like if Brawl didn’t have Diddy Kong and Wario. The inclusion of just one of them would have gone a long way.

And just personally speaking my favorite Smash inclusions tend to be the supporting characters and villains, they make the roster a bit richer, new franchises are fun but the main characters for each series are rarely the most interesting, at least as far as Nintendo is concerned. I’m not against new franchises and I think in a perfect world Ultimate could have used a couple more (mainly Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven), but when the most exciting character inclusions for Smash 4 are two third party inclusions (Mega Man and Cloud), a cut Pokemon, and Palutena, it’s hard to not feel like Ultimate just creams it, especially with DLC. The Fighters Pass is infinitely better packaged than whatever the hell the Smash 4 DLC was.

Still, I don’t want to harp on Smash 4 too much, it establishes a lot of important things for the series, but Ultimate really feels more like the sequel I hoped to see since Brawl and I’d say it’s pretty damn Special as well.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I can do plenty of math myself, especially with a calculator. But man, is math complex...

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I feel like Fire Emblem Three Houses really tries to minimize the combat portion of the game. They feel secondary to the life sim aspect of the game.
Once you get to time skip there's a lot less to do in the monastery and battles take more focus

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I just finished Chapter 11.

Holy ****.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Math I'm fine with as long as I know I'll use it in the future.
To compare, I really enjoyed my Stats class in high school, but Algebra 2 aggravated me. I still finished with a B in A2 so things could've been far worse, but I still hated that class anyway.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Didn't notice this until now but Detective Pikachu has three actors from the Deadpool films:

Ryan Reynolds: Deadpool / Pikachu
Karan Soni: Dopinder / Jack
Rob Delaney: Peter / Filmore (a character in the alternate opening)

I swear, if the next Deadpool film doesn't have any Pokémon references, so ever help me...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Didn't notice this until now but Detective Pikachu has three actors from the Deadpool films:

Ryan Reynolds: Deadpool / Pikachu
Karan Soni: Dopinder / Jack
Rob Delaney: Peter / Filmore (a character in the alternate opening)

I swear, if the next Deadpool film doesn't have any Pokémon references, so ever help me...
Considering how meta they get? They’ll probably be a Pokémon reference.

D

Deleted member

If Deadpool doesn't say "Pika Pika, ************" at some point in Deadpool 3, I'll be disappointed

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Math I'm fine with as long as I know I'll use it in the future.
To compare, I really enjoyed my Stats class in high school, but Algebra 2 aggravated me. I still finished with a B in A2 so things could've been far worse, but I still hated that class anyway.
Algebra can suck my left toe for all I care, that class was so stressful

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don’t quite know what to play next. I spent almost 70 hours in Three Houses and it was pretty heckin good.

It might be weird if I go to Shadow Dragon next, just because of the many things not in it that a Three Houses has. I have Assassin’s Creed Odyssey to still play, Tales of Vespiria, a few others.

I may just appreciate that I played a great game and mess around with Smash for a bit.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113

Smash 4’s roster just boils down to the lack of K. Rool and Ridley for me. The roster just felt a little empty without them. I could never shake the feeling that they were missing. It would be like if Brawl didn’t have Diddy Kong and Wario. The inclusion of just one of them would have gone a long way.

And just personally speaking my favorite Smash inclusions tend to be the supporting characters and villains, they make the roster a bit richer, new franchises are fun but the main characters for each series are rarely the most interesting, at least as far as Nintendo is concerned. I’m not against new franchises and I think in a perfect world Ultimate could have used a couple more (mainly Golden Sun and Rhythm Heaven), but when the most exciting character inclusions for Smash 4 are two third party inclusions (Mega Man and Cloud), a cut Pokemon, and Palutena, it’s hard to not feel like Ultimate just creams it, especially with DLC. The Fighters Pass is infinitely better packaged than whatever the hell the Smash 4 DLC was.

Still, I don’t want to harp on Smash 4 too much, it establishes a lot of important things for the series, but Ultimate really feels more like the sequel I hoped to see since Brawl and I’d say it’s pretty damn Special as well.
For me it was the lack of Ice Climbers that really made it feel empty. Although I did jump on the K Rool bandwagon(and even played the dk country games) during smash 4's dlc. I did like smash 4 though but now that ultimate is here there's really no reason to play it imo.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
local man finishes chapter 11, c. 2019

View attachment 234096
But I was holding my switch, not my computer.

Like **** went from 100 to 1000, like holy ****
Dimitri just straight-up killed some soldier with his barehand!

Also, he straight up want Edie head on his door, this man has no chill, and while I know that Edie as her reason and that the truth is more complicate, I can't help but root for mah man, ya know? Like I hope he get better, but wow, Punished Dimitri is coming and he is raging.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

It's certainly subjective. Smash 4's base newcomer roster is my favorite mainly because Mega Man and PAC-MAN--I could not imagine what characters they could do to top that. And for me with Ultimate's base--they didn't. I only learned about Ridley and K Rool through Smash speculation, so I was happy having known the history, but was personally holding out hope there'd be at least one character in the base for me.

And this issue is, I find, it's really, really hard to find big first party characters that I recognize and would personally enjoy. That's the double edge sword of Smash, given how many characters/franchises are packed in, it does make it difficult to see how they can keep topping themselves in terms of character reveals. Even with Smash 4, characters like Rosalina and Bowser Jr. (one of my personal favs) were pushing it in terms of side characters (Bowser Jr. being interesting for me, not for the character itself, but the gimmick of including all the Koopalings). I do think Ridley and K Rool are great character choices, looking objectively, given the under-representation of heroines (rip Dixie) and villains. But since I hadn't been exposed to them in marketing for those franchises*, I had no clue who they were prior to going on forums like these. :lol:

*This is a personal claim, not an objective one. Despite absorbing a lot of Nintendo news, I had never came across either character until I was looking at Smash speculation--I first heard of Ridley through GameXplain's video on the subject.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Also, Lys is becoming slowy the beast of nature that everyone hype her for.

Thank god for Nostferatu.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I recently finished algebra 2, I barely understood any of it but I got an A on my final. I don't think I'll ever know how

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
I recently finished algebra 2, I barely understood any of it but I got an A on my final. I don't think I'll ever know how
I got an A on my final too but only because the teacher was super nice and made it way too easy.

StormC

Smash Hero
It's certainly subjective. Smash 4's base newcomer roster is my favorite mainly because Mega Man and PAC-MAN--I could not imagine what characters they could do to top that. And for me with Ultimate's base--they didn't. I only learned about Ridley and K Rool through Smash speculation, so I was happy having known the history, but was personally holding out hope there'd be at least one character in the base for me.

And this issue is, I find, it's really, really hard to find big first party characters that I recognize and would personally enjoy. That's the double edge sword of Smash, given how many characters/franchises are packed in, it does make it difficult to see how they can keep topping themselves in terms of character reveals. Even with Smash 4, characters like Rosalina and Bowser Jr. (one of my personal favs) were pushing it in terms of side characters (Bowser Jr. being interesting for me, not for the character itself, but the gimmick of including all the Koopalings). I do think Ridley and K Rool are great character choices, looking objectively, given the under-representation of heroines (rip Dixie) and villains. But since I hadn't been exposed to them in marketing for those franchises*, I had no clue who they were prior to going on forums like these. :lol:

*This is a personal claim, not an objective one. Despite absorbing a lot of Nintendo news, I had never came across either character until I was looking at Smash speculation--I first heard of Ridley through GameXplain's video on the subject.
I’m surprised a Banjo fan hasn’t played the DKC games. You should do that!

...assuming Nintendo makes them convenient to access again anytime soon.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Also staindgrey staindgrey I didn’t realize you haven’t beaten it yet but definitely let me know when you have. I’d love to just chat about it.
No worries. Normally I would have. But my work/family/creator schedules leave no time to get engrossed in a game, so I've been chipping away at it when I can.

My brother actually put me on the spot when he fibbed about how much he got done on our video scheduled to release this past Monday, so I spent my entire weekend working on that instead of playing my second most hyped game this year.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Collage says "who cares". they force it on you in every beginning semester of College. Thats what they did to me. Had to get maths done
That's kinda sad.

At the college I went to, I never had to take algebra. Instead, I took a Personal Finances and Budgetting class for my math credit. No algebra was forced on me. And it was one of my favorite classes as well.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
That's kinda sad.

At the college I went to, I never had to take algebra. Instead, I took a Personal Finances and Budgetting class for my math credit. No algebra was forced on me. And it was one of my favorite classes as well.
I really hope it's not forced on me. The career i'm aiming for has nothing to do with math.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom