• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Heh, in my Freshman year of high school, there was an active shooter in some warehouses about 1-1.75 miles away from my school.

Now, nobody knew what happened until it was over, so no one was freaking out, but still, looking back at it, I'm grateful my school wasn't a target.

Well, that's all the politics you're gonna hear from me (for now), anyways, I'm gonna go outside.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Finally trying Hero out.

I like the unique moveset. I just hope that his toolkit isn't overly easy to abuse. We'll see what happens when the meta develops, but it already seems like people are backing off the "overpowered" first impression. Hero seems real good, but I'm hesitant to call him overpowered at this point.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Having picked Golden Deer, I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised by Lorenz so far. His B support with Marianne is actually pretty nice considering his pompous first impression.

In terms of gameplay, it's easily Hilda. She plays herself off as a weak little girl, but then proceeds to laugh off enemy attacks and then smash their faces in twice over while cheering 'Hilda! Hilda!' Definitely going to make her a Wyvern Lord so that she can be the second coming of Jill.
I know for a lot of people that his whole noble shtick would get annoying but Lorenz is hilarious to me and he has some great supports as well.

Hilda's an absolute beast, I have her as a knight right now and she nearly unstoppable.
https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/cjjb5n

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
The issue isn't really as black and white as a lot of people tend to make it out to be. Both sides of the aisle make some pretty compelling points.

Pro-gun supporters would argue that the only people who would really follow the new laws are the law-abiding citizens, AKA the people who want to protect themselves from shootings like these.
At the risk of turning this into a thread-wide debate that shouldn't be here, I have this to say:

The "good guy with a gun" argument is a myth perpetuated by pro-gun advocacy groups with no evidence to support it. Law-abiding citizens can abide by some more laws to make sure fewer people with bad intentions get a hold of guns in what is already a startlingly lax process. We have more regulations on how we build our furniture than how we get to own an assault rifle.

I understand there's nuance in how and what laws should be passed to dial back gun violence, but that's absolutely no excuse for the blatant inaction of the powers that be, now nearly seven years removed from ****ing Sandy Hook.

We used to actually react to things and take action against them. Now we're just numb. And it's infuriating.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I know for a lot of people that his whole noble shtick would get annoying but Lorenz is hilarious to me and he has some great supports as well.
Golden Deer here,
I was expecting to hate Lorenz but he is pretty funny plus the fact he is voiced by Ben ****ing Diskin

but rn Im busting my ass trying to get Ashe and Linhardt

Last edited:

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
Golden Deer here,
I was expecting to hate Lorenz but he is pretty funny plus the fact he is voiced by Ben ****ing Diskin

but rn Im busting my *** trying to get Ashe and Linhardt
The voicework in three houses has been real good so far, Ben Diskin is great! He also voices Caspar in 3H and I loved his description he gave of the characters he voiced on twitter.

Lorenz: I play Lorenz! (AKA That guy who shows up to your birthday party, says, "My presence is my present," hits on your girlfriend, eats your food, drinks your booze, tells you his parties are better, and doesn't understand why everyone hates him.)

Caspar: I play Caspar! (AKA That guy who buys platform shoes because he thinks it'll make him look tall but just winds up looking like a short guy with weird taste in footwear and runs around flexing on anyone who calls him out for it.)

D

Deleted member

I don't tend to be surprised by many things but I will say I wasn't expecting to see the phrase "I will say this, gun control is heavily dealt with in a nation like japan" as the first thing when I skipped to the latest page of this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'm sure it's been brought up several times by now, but Sabi is saying that weird image he posted of the black bird on the roof is indeed a hint.

Any ideas?

At the risk of turning this into a thread-wide debate that shouldn't be here, I have this to say:

The "good guy with a gun" argument is a myth perpetuated by pro-gun advocacy groups with no evidence to support it. Law-abiding citizens can abide by some more laws to make sure fewer people with bad intentions get a hold of guns in what is already a startlingly lax process. We have more regulations on how we build our furniture than how we get to own an assault rifle.

I understand there's nuance in how and what laws should be passed to dial back gun violence, but that's absolutely no excuse for the blatant inaction of the powers that be, now nearly seven years removed from ****ing Sandy Hook.

We used to actually react to things and take action against them. Now we're just numb. And it's infuriating.
It's an emotional and troubling issue to be sure, but I don't think the problem will see any noticeable improvement just by making it harder for everyone to obtain a gun. Contrary to popular belief, many of the people responsible for mass shootings are not long gone psychotic maniacs who somehow managed to get a gun because of poor laws. Many of them were relatively normal people who would've been granted access to gun even with tighter regulations. Personally, I think allowing more staff/security of schools and businesses to carry guns and enforcing harsher punishments for crimes involving gun violence and mass shootings would be more effective.

I'll just drop the conversation there though because like you said, it's not appropriate for the thread. Clearly we both want the same thing. We just have different ways of approaching it.

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
I'm sure it's been brought up several times by now, but Sabi is saying that weird image he posted of the black bird on the roof is indeed a hint.

Any ideas?
Interesting. Did they say if it was Smash related specifically?

ornithologist smashboards is my favorite smashboards btw

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Any ideas?

It's an emotional and troubling issue to be sure, but I don't think the problem will see any noticeable improvement just by making it harder for everyone to obtain a gun. Contrary to popular belief, many of the people responsible for mass shootings are not long gone psychotic maniacs who somehow managed to get a gun because of poor laws. Many of them were relatively normal people who would've been granted access to gun even with tighter regulations. Personally, I think allowing more staff/security of schools and businesses to carry guns and enforcing harsher punishments for crimes involving gun violence and mass shootings would be more effective.

I'll just drop the conversation there though because like you said, it's not appropriate for the thread. Clearly we both want the same thing. We just have different ways of approaching it.
I mean we sort of knew it was a hint because it came from the same guy that gave sabi past ones. They aren’t always smash related though. I honestly don’t know what to think of it. There’s been some good suggestions thrown out there but none of them really feel concrete. I guess we will know what it is for when we see it but who knows

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Golden Deer here,

but rn Im busting my *** trying to get Ashe and Linhardt
I'm gonna be honest, from what I've seen playing Lions, Ashe is a pure boi but boring as hell compared to everyone else

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Not sure. You'll have to ask Fatmanonice Fatmanonice about that.

All I know is that the image in question is a hint of sorts, and that it was confirmed to be a hint right before the Hero demo.
It was afterwards. He originally shared it with us (our private Discord) on July 14th but didn't tell us it was a hint until yesterday. He's always done picture hints when it's info tied to an upcoming Direct.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even if this logic is a stretch, my best guess is Edelgard. It's a black bird on a house.

Don't really care if I'm wrong or right. Don't want another FE rep, but at least a Gen 8 Pokemon's chances would skyrocket.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Any ideas?
Are any of the houses in the new Fire Emblem represented by a black bird?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It was afterwards. He originally shared it with us (our private Discord) on July 14th but didn't tell us it was a hint until yesterday. He's always done picture hints when it's info tied to an upcoming Direct.
So what’s your thoughts on what it could be for?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So what’s your thoughts on what it could be for?
Our Discord is basically split, about half siding with Smash and half siding with Pokemon. He seems to share hints with us if they're things that the group and he likes, otherwise, he just flat out tells us stuff. For example, he told us about Mario Maker 2 and the Direct it got later on. He told us about Joker's presentation an hour before it happened. There's only one person in the Discord (it's 10 people) that's a big Fire Emblem fan so I honestly rule it out based on that.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Our Discord is basically split, about half siding with Smash and half siding with Pokemon. He seems to share hints with us if they're things that the group and he likes, otherwise, he just flat out tells us stuff. For example, he told us about Mario Maker 2 and the Direct it got later on. He told us about Joker's presentation an hour before it happened. There's only one person in the Discord (it's 10 people) that's a big Fire Emblem fan so I honestly rule it out based on that.
So a smash character or a new bird Pokémon huh?

What if it’s both?

Corviknightforsmash

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
My bet is the starling has nothing to do with Smash
If it's not Smash, what else could it be?

I'm legitimately asking, cause I don't have a clue what it could be referring to. Unless it's a new IP. Or a new Poke in on, some type of black bird boss in Luigi's Mansion 3. Or a new character in Animal Crossing. Or...

Yeah, I have no idea.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Even if this logic is a stretch, my best guess is Edelgard. It's a black bird on a house.

Don't really care if I'm wrong or right. Don't want another FE rep, but at least a Gen 8 Pokemon's chances would skyrocket.
.....ironic that that lines up with the leak claiming edlegard and sylux.

Obviously these are safe guesses from agesago, but that leak is still alive.,

Potato_

Smash Lord
Not sure. You'll have to ask Fatmanonice Fatmanonice about that.

All I know is that the image in question is a hint of sorts, and that it was confirmed to be a hint right before the Hero demo.
I see. In that case I can see Black Eagles (aka Edelgard or Three Houses news) being a possibility like some people mentioned.

Didn't the Tales of Berseria protagonist have some association with ravens? I could totally see a Tales rep for Smash.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm gonna be honest, from what I've seen playing Lions, Ashe is a pure boi but boring as hell compared to everyone else
Hey don't talk **** about mah precious boi or you're going to get a load of THIS!
piss off moon!!.gif

>: C

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm guessing some sort of Smash(perhaps to reveal a transparent schedule) or Nintendo Direct will be announced at the end of EVO.

Also in regards to Mii Costume Theory. It still isn't dead as the Mii Costumes in Wave 2 are still SE costumes. It's dead when we see costumes from a different company released alongside a 3rd party DLC character While it may have taken a hit due to the lack of the Geno or Chocobo hat costumes. They've likely have been cut for logical reasons.

It should be a given that the Mii Costumes in 4 sold much less than the characters. And so far, the missing costumes are Akira, Jacky, Geno, and the Chocobo Hat. Thing is though that they have a common trait shared among them. They're obscure characters to non-hardcore fans with the exception of one. Virtua Fighter is a currently dead series who's only recent appearances of theirs have been crossovers like Darkstalkers.

Geno has a vocal fanbase on this site and Gamefaqs, but the reality is that he's an obscure character to the public as he only appeared as a major supporting character in a Mario RPG game, his fans are a vocal minority unfortunately. Now for the Chocobo Hat. Granted Chocobos are well known creatures to gamers, but the thing is though that FF fans generally care more for the party members than the species. If there was say a Tifa or Aerith costume in 4, it would have sold much better than both of the SE costumes and probably would have returned in that scenario. And of course this is Stingy Square we're talking about, they probably had higher sales expectations for the Costumes they own then the other 3 companies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I talked about this in the Geno thread but I heavily doubt it's Pokemon. He did a picture hint for the Pokemon Direct back in February for us but everyone in the group (especially him) has soured on Sword and Shield since. He seems to really hate the direction the games are going and we're either uninterested or flat out put off by them. If the enthusiasm was the same as it was back February, I'd totally see it but he kind of openly resents Sword and Shield and nobody in the Discord's really a big fan of them either.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Or it could be Velvet Crow. I'm still on team 2nd Namco rep. Weird choice honestly but cool enough.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Any ideas?
Murkrow for Smash?

Nah I'm betting Edelgard because I'm biased.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I talked about this in the Geno thread but I heavily doubt it's Pokemon. He did a picture hint for the Pokemon Direct back in February for us but everyone in the group (especially him) has soured on Sword and Shield since. He seems to really hate the direction the games are going and we're either uninterested or flat out put off by them. If the enthusiasm was the same as it was back February, I'd totally see it but he kind of openly resents Sword and Shield and nobody in the Discord's really a big fan of them either.
You didn’t have to do me like that fatman
F251E568-2A10-41CB-8477-11BAC81DB4F3.jpeg

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
.....ironic that that lines up with the leak claiming edlegard and sylux.

Obviously these are safe guesses from agesago, but that leak is still alive.,
I'd argue It's pretty much hanging on by a thread at this point

It stated that they heard that the Square rep could be either Chrono or Neku. No mention of DQ whatsoever

That being said, I'll give em the benefit of the doubt on this one. Maybe it was legit and were just never told about DQ. Who knows?

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If Edelgard is the next FE DLC character, then I be upset, not because it be another FE character, because mah man Dimitri won't be the one to get his chance. :4chrom:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Or it could be Velvet Crow. I'm still on team 2nd Namco rep. Weird choice honestly but cool enough.
I don't even know if he knows who that is. He virtually never talks about third party games (although I do know he doesn't like Bayonetta, Shantae, and, I think, Kingdom Hearts). He is a NoA ambassador, yes, but he's kind of a die-hard Nintendo fan and only ever really talks about first and second party games. Even going through his social media accounts, I don't think he's ever even casually mentioned any third party games in them.

Shroob

Sup?
I still refuse to believe it would be Velvet Crowe.

That is such a "the ****" choice, especially due to how much censorship she would need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom