• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
One thing I will say for Edelgard.

If she's in she better have both her officer uniform and her Empress armour. Ike's both a boy and a MAN so she's got no excuse.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So it may help Edel reception by a bit. That, and she use a axe, so no boring "swordman" argument to be throw.
Honestly, an axe would still be pretty similar to a sword. I wonder if all the people begging for someone with an axe have actually thought about how the character would have to attack.

If Edelgard gets in I’m deleting this account

Your move, Nintendo
Playing with the devil here, Noi.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, I was pinning character 4 to be revealed in September, so August isnt that big a jump. We are on a super tight schedule after all, and we probably will know who character 5 is by the end of the year.

Just. Announcing them before Banjo is even out?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
While I mostly agree with your point, axes and swords are still pretty similar

If you were to replace Ike's aword with an axe, it wouldn't be too out of place.
Honestly, an axe would still be pretty similar to a sword. I wonder if all the people begging for someone with an axe have actually thought about how the character would have to attack.

Playing with the devil here, Noi.
Good point, but imo, from what I seen, Edel could be a clone of Ike, as long as she have a axe, she be probably more loved than hated just for the fact peoples couldn't use the "2 much sword" argument, alongside the fact she is a woman.

Plus, a axe tend to be more associated with more violent attack than a sword, so heh, who know.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
What is this black bird thing please ? :oneeye:
Someone who is in touch with Sabi dropped a picture of a black bird and said it's from their source. No one knows what this might hint, some people think it might be related to Smash.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 I think that spirit deconfirm characters but just for season pass, and I think there's a chance that they do something like Street Fighter V and add one or two extra dlc characters (probably without stage like the piranha plant) so if they do that, for me Geno is likely. Sakurai said in the past that he wants to put the character in smash + there was that unique mii costume splash screen when they announce his costume in smash 4 (proving that the smash team is conscious that some smash fans want him). It can't be SE (they didn't care about Geno except that he can give them a little bit of money) so I think there's two options for his lack of costume now :

-They didn't have the time to put the costume
-They keep him just in case they add the real character.

I'm not saying that Geno will be in or will not be in fore sure, but the arguments that he had always works for a post season pass DLC (in my opinion)
I pretty much fully agree. I don’t think Geno is on the pass if I’m. If he gets in it’s a bonus character for sure

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
random thought

aren't Starlings invasive species? aliens, if you will...?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Idk if it'll be another FE rep. I mean, Sakurai said that he felt as if there were already too many FE characters when including Corrin, and Chrom was a special case due ti fan requests and him being an echo. Unless something changes his mind, then I don't see it being Edelgard.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I’m ready to die
sans hey calm down.jpg

This is a christian minecraft modded fortnite forum, you can't just come here and say that kind of stuff buddy pal chum pal

Last edited:

Potato_

Smash Lord
I mean, I was pinning character 4 to be revealed in September, so August isnt that big a jump. We are on a super tight schedule after all, and we probably will know who character 5 is by the end of the year.

Taking advantage of Evo and Smash Ultimate being the final game?

Seems unlike Nintendo but maybe they're starting to use that avenue more, they did announce the K.Rool direct there last year.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And black eagles are hard to come by in a suburban backyard.

You work with what you got.
I don’t imagine he has blue crabs and bears who hang with birds in his backyard either

In fact I imagine he got them off google images

So if he really wanted a picture of a black eagle, I imagine he could’ve gotten one

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Velvet Crow and Crash Bandicoot. I can't complain. Good choice.

It's a possible addition to Smash Bros. That's why he would know.
Sakurai made the argument last time around that nobody would be more appropriate to represent Tales than Lloyd and it also doesn't help that she hasn't appeared on a Nintendo console at all, not even as a cameo. Both Cloud and Joker had that before their additions.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

I mean, Banjo was announced before Hero was out.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
For now, I'm just assuming this pic is referring to something that isn't Smash.

It feels way too early for character #4, and most of the suggestions we have are a stretch at best.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
so anyway do y'all have any tips for fighting against a Hero?

or am I dead.

also I swear y'all act like Spirits were decided on late or something despite the amount of spirits content they would've had to start early on. It's highly possible DLC plans weren't finished or even started when the spirits team and Sakurai asked for stuff like Geno and Shantae.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A black starling. Starlings are animals. Cats are also animals. Every character in Pushmo is a cat, including Corin who is also coloured black like a starling. Starlings are birds, as are eagles. Black Eagles are a house in Fire Emblem. Corrin is also from Fire Emblem. Remove an r from Corrin, and you get Corin, the name of the Pushmo character with the black colour scheme. Starling has the word star in it. Stars are a potential puzzle shape in Pushmo.
He's in.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
*Crashes into room*

Hey, hey, hey what is this I hear about the possibility of DLC fighter 4 being announced in August! :grin:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

They revealed Banjo before Hero was out. Character #4 being revealed before Banjo comes out isn’t out of the question.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don’t imagine he has blue crabs and bears who hang with birds in his backyard either

In fact I imagine he got them off google images

So if he really wanted a picture of a black eagle, I imagine he could’ve gotten one
To be fair, a black eagle would be obvious as heck.

Like, you'd actually have to be dumb if you didn't make the connection.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
what if the hint is for a random Individual DLC character?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The only thing I don’t get is why wouldn’t they just a picture like say this:
1564610356976.jpeg

But zoomed in on the eagle to show its edelgard. Not to mention a lot of government buildings have eagles on them that you can find in google images. Focus in on that and you would be fine. And it’s not like the leaker is trying to be subtle.

They posted the blue crab and made things in more obvious with a witch and puzzle hinting towards banjo. So why not take a literally eagle and photoshop it on a house or at the very least choose something like what I found and zoom in to emphasize the eagle part?

Makes me slightly skeptical that it’s not edelgard. I won’t complain if it is, but just some thoughts I had

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
****ing add Edelgard, do it cowards. She’d be awesome.

Anyway, on a Three Houses note, I was worried my efforts to recruit students was in vain. Everybody started to gain interest, but nobody committed.

Because I went deep this month with recruiting and training myself, I recruited Ingrid, Mercedes, Felix, Leonie, and Ignatz. The amount of stress that has lifted is AMAZING. On top of that, I had Raphael already. All that’s left is for me to work toward the remaining students, especially Sylvain. I just like him, despite him being a ladies man.

I’m basically SOL with Hilda, and Dedue isn’t happening, soooooo...I think I legit only have a few other students to recruit.

Ashe
Marianne
Annette
Lorenz
Sylvain

As far as staff, I recruited Shamir, Manuela and Hanneman. Can you even recruit Catherine or Alois? I know you can recruit Cyril, but idk how tbh.

Whatever. I’m psyched! Sure, these guys need more in-depth teaching. But I’m psyched!

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
IT'S EDELGARD TIME, BOYS.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Anyway, on a Three Houses note, I was worried my efforts to recruit students was in vain. Everybody started to gain interest, but nobody committed.

Because I went deep this month with recruiting and training myself, I recruited Ingrid, Mercedes, Felix, Leonie, and Ignatz. The amount of stress that has lifted is AMAZING. On top of that, I had Raphael already. All that’s left is for me to work toward the remaining students, especially Sylvain. I just like him, despite him being a ladies man.

I’m basically SOL with Hilda, and Dedue isn’t happening, soooooo...I think I legit only have a few other students to recruit.

Ashe
Marianne
Annette
Lorenz
Sylvain

As far as staff, I recruited Shamir, Manuela and Hanneman. Can you even recruit Catherine or Alois? I know you can recruit Cyril, but idk how tbh.

Whatever. I’m psyched! Sure, these guys need more in-depth teaching. But I’m psyched!
Wow, this is lots of students you got recruited.

You're sure you have time to take care of them all? Along with the students of your current house?
IT'S EDELGARD TIME, BOYS.

*groan in lion spaghetti*

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696

Ashe
Marianne
Annette
Lorenz
Sylvain

Certain characters are restricted by the route you take. So Catherine/Alois/etc may not have a recruit option depending on what house you chose.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm not confident in Sakurai and the team adding another FE character as DLC. Remember the controversy:ultcorrin:brought?

Yes:ultchrom:was added to the game but he was Base not DLC. That's different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom