• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wait...

EVO is about fighting games. Sakurai likes to give us surprise/sleeper/dark horse picks. The whole fighting game female character.

Nakoruru!!!! :grin:

Shroob

Sup?
Wait...

EVO is about fighting games. Sakurai likes to give us surprise/sleeper/dark horse picks. The whole fighting game female character.

Nakoruru!!!! :grin:
You act like the community would treat her any better.

"The **** is this loli **** in Smash?"
"Who the **** wanted this?"
"Of course, Japan bias..."

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Literally give me anyone. The sooner we know all 5 characters I can be free from this hell.
You're Death buddy, Hell is literally your home, or at least the best hotel ever.

You can't escape it, pal.
oh yeah skeleton.gif

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but I just found out that Bounce can reflect Charizard's Flare Blitz.

Was going through Hero's Classic Mode and got Bounce against the Massive Charizard. It used Flare Blitz and I figured I was dead, but I heard the reflection sound and suddenly charizard just fell backward (didn't reflect the hit back on him, sadly; just stopped the attack).

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but I just found out that Bounce can reflect Charizard's Flare Blitz.

Was going through Hero's Classic Mode and got Bounce against the Massive Charizard. It used Flare Blitz and I figured I was dead, but I heard the reflection sound and suddenly charizard just fell backward (didn't reflect the hit back on him, sadly; just stopped the attack).
Are you serious?
Flare Blitz is reflectable?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
When I got a room, I didnt expect this to be Hotel California.
The killer detail is that you're the janitor of said hotel.

You just take the skeleton left on the ground instead of people's garbages.

And worst of them all: you don't even get 3% reduction of the coffee price.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I really do hope the Bird is refering to Velvet if it's indeed a hint. One of the game's major lines is "Why do birds fly?" Not to mention the fact the Daemon Blight(which fits the invasive part of the Starling) is a major plot point in Berseria.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I do think a Direct this month is plausible.

Talk about the Switch Mini and drop a release date for the new battery Switch.

I just am unsure they'll break their September streak.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
That picture seems extremely far out to be a true reference to Smash, especially when Hero wasn’t even done.

For the record I haven’t heard anything about anything regarding Smash. But I wouldn’t be surprised if somebody does.

Could it be Geno? Sure. But I don’t think it is. It would be a complete 180 from what we’ve gotten: series and characters with zero presence in Ultimate prior to their addition. There was no Pirahna Plant spirit before it was added. Nothing Persona related. Nothing for Dragon Quest, and nothing for Banjo-Kazooie.

Sure, Geno is a longtime “never ever”. By why make him special as a pick that gets in playable and has a spirit/arena icon?

I don’t know. I remain unconvinced.

D

Deleted member

Y’know, it feels everyone says 2D animation/art is better, and while I agree (in most cases, it depends,) I kinda enjoy 3D more. 2D art has been really rough, and it’s no fun, but 3D is a much better experience. Should I do 3D?

Shroob

Sup?
I really do hope the Bird is refering to Velvet if it's indeed a hint. One of the game's major lines is "Why do birds fly?" Not to mention the fact the Daemon Blight(which fits the invasive part of the Starling) is a major plot point in Berseria.
But why her?

Not only would a redesign be necessary for obvious reasons, why would Lloyd and YURI be passed up?

Lloyd I can see, but Yuri? The de facto most popular character in the franchise?

What's the last character on the Crowe leak?

D

Deleted member

Personally I think the black starling picture hints at a black starling getting into Smash. Just a literal black starling.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
But why her?

Not only would a redesign be necessary for obvious reasons, why would Lloyd and YURI be passed up?

Lloyd I can see, but Yuri? The de facto most popular character in the franchise?

If you're talking about the 2nd 5ch line up rumor, it's Nakoruru or Resident Evil. The guy was supposedly a Japanese Vergeben who had sources with information. He heard Tales, Nakoruru, and RE and Minecraft content.

He claimed 8 sources heard about a Tales rep, while 4 of them heard Nakoruru and Resident Evil.

He was completely spot on with Hero and the Mii Costumes though but that's because that's the only concrete information his sources had.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Finally got a physical three house copy like I’ve been searching around for. Can’t wait to start playing! Not sure on what house I’ll be picking though.

StormC

Smash Hero
But why her?

Don’t think it will be Velvet...but if I had to guess why, maybe Berseria is getting an enhanced Switch port like DQ11 and they wanted a female character on the Pass.

Mind you I think this has about a 5% chance of happening at best.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
There was also the time Sakurai said it was hard for sword characters to be unique, and he wished there was an axe user. I was hoping it didn't mean anything, but now I'm legit worried.

Shroob

Sup?
I'll never understand the hate for Fire Emblem under the guise of it being "overrepresented."

I don't even like Fire Emblem and would gladly welcome 1 more.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I'll never understand the hate for Fire Emblem under the guise of it being "overrepresented."

I don't even like Fire Emblem and would gladly welcome 1 more.
I think it just got too much at once. Probably would've been better if Sakurai stopped after Roy and added Corrin/TH rep and Chrom in Ultimate.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Certain characters are restricted by the route you take. So Catherine/Alois/etc may not have a recruit option depending on what house you chose.
I picked Black Eagles, and am currently on the mission day for Chapter 10.

I’m not sure how much time I have left to recruit/learn/improve/teach. But I get the feeling more **** is about to go down.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean

The biggest red flag to me is

Where the **** are the 3 houses spirits?

There shouldn't be any spoiler concerns if it's just the pre-timeskip ****, right?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
He dinked, fell back, and I took no damage, so...*shrug*

EDIT: Might be a bug.
Flare Blitz is actually a multi hit move - there's a weak hit first and then a more powerful explosion it links into upon contact.

....However I don't believe either hit is supposed to be a projectile, so that is very strange. You sure he didn't just bumb into an item or something?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
maybe it's just because I'm playing BL, but I don't really like Edelgard. I think I'd prefer Byleth, for his whip sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom