• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I must have missed that. Doesn't really sound like he's reluctant to put in sword fighters, just that he has difficulty making them seem unique.
I think like it can also depend on the character as well. Like the reason I kinda want Yuri over Lloyd as a potential Tales rep is that Lloyd worked way too well as a Mii Costume, as in a lot of the moves :ultswordfighter: has resemble his moves from Symphonia way too well. And in my opinion Yuri has a lot more uniqueness to his swordplay:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I mean

The biggest red flag to me is

Where the **** are the 3 houses spirits?

There shouldn't be any spoiler concerns if it's just the pre-timeskip ****, right?
Could just be a coincidence. It's something to keep an eye on, but we were never guaranteed Spirits for every new game.

Yoshi's Crafted Island didn't get any.

Shroob

Sup?
Probably hanging out wherever the Porky and Sylux spirits are.
I mean

We've been getting Spirits as a sort of soft promotion between Smash and new releases.

I find it weird that arguably Nintendo's biggest release this month got nothing.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
IF Edelgard is in it has to be her timeskip design. I havent played 3H yet so i dont know if shes evil despite her timeskip design giving off that vibe but we dont have any heavy armored characters in smash so that would definitely add something new and a extra plus if she's a female villain
big red guys.png

StormC

Smash Hero
Corrin was added to Smash 4 because Fates already came out in Japan and they wanted to cross promote for the upcoming American release. By the time a 3H character comes out, the game will be old news.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I mean

We've been getting Spirits as a sort of soft promotion between Smash and new releases.

I find it weird that arguably Nintendo's biggest release this month got nothing.
sakurai fears if he puts anything that's new and also fire emblem in the game he'll be tormented by anti-sword people

Shroob

Sup?
Corrin was added to Smash 4 because Fates already came out in Japan and they wanted to cross promote for the upcoming American release. By the time a 3H character comes out, the game will be old news.
The irony of a K.Rool stan using irrelevancy.

D

Deleted member

Flare Blitz is actually a multi hit move - there's a weak hit first and then a more powerful explosion it links into upon contact.

....However I don't believe either hit is supposed to be a projectile, so that is very strange. You sure he didn't just bumb into an item or something?
It all happened so fast, so maybe I did miss something; didnt seem like anything was hit though.

I've played through classic a few times with Hero (mostly using it as a way to get better with him since it scales in difficulty with each match) and there's been no time where any items spawned on that final battle.

It was just me and the Giant Charzizard, I used the command special, got Bounce off right before he used Flare Blitz. I heard the 'tink' sound of something being reflected off Bounce and Charizard fell over. It's not like we were off stage or anything; nor is there any other hazards for him to hit.

Maybe somebody can test this?

EDIT: Ok, I didnt realize I could control another player in Training.

A part of Flareblitz is reflected, but not all of it.

After testing it in Training Mode, it looks like after Reflection, Hero takes 7.2% (instead of a normal 28.8% if hit) and Charizard takes 39.6% (instead of the typical 6% of self-inflicted damage)

Last edited by a moderator:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'll never understand the hate for Fire Emblem under the guise of it being "overrepresented."

I don't even like Fire Emblem and would gladly welcome 1 more.
It's a proxy kind of hate.
That this game series that was a complete no-show for years suddenly comes along with it's beautiful swordsmen when there could be [insert character here] instead!

Doesn't make sense but hate rarely does.

Double K

Smash Lord
Some dude on twitter is mad at me for pointing out that Magic Burst isn't the only thing in the game that does +40% damage in one hit and that Hero isn't the only character that can do a kill from 0

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'll never understand the hate for Fire Emblem under the guise of it being "overrepresented."

I don't even like Fire Emblem and would gladly welcome 1 more.
Ok, and most others don't hate FE, they just don't like when a series has attendance disproportionate to its scale, in their eyes.

That's why no one was complaining about FE pre-Smash 4 (even until Corrin people were still more concerned with KI's representation), they were complaining about Star Fox and Kirby. It's not that people inherently hate FE, Star Fox, or Kirby, it's that some people have a dislike of what they perceive to be series punching above their weight.

Some may genuinely dislike FE, but overall it has very little to do with peoples' feeling towards the actual series, and more to do with how they perceive balance among the roster.

The irony of a K.Rool stan using irrelevancy.
Characters like Corrin and K. Rool are basically opposite ends of the spectrum for how characters get included.

Double K

Smash Lord
Characters like Corrin and K. Rool are basically opposite ends of the spectrum for how characters get included.
Fire Emblem 3H marks the return of the series returning to consoles, and will likely be the most commercially successful one, and is the most critically successful thus far. I doubt it'd be Edelgard as she's just a lord with an Axe, and Byleth has the whole Divine Pulse gimmick that could be worked on

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I like a few of his points. But not all of them. Going heavy on the 2 nostalgia would be nice to a point, but the old games were WAY to X-Men heavy. And to top that off, the comic book look would be fine, but mode of the characters 90s costumes look freakin terrible. (Lookin at you Hawkeye). I just want the next MvC to be nice and big.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
The argument that a 3H character would get in hinges entirely on relevancy, to the point where they would be decided on before their game was out.
idk, I don't feel like a 3H character would have to be released right at launch to be effective advertising for the game. Hell, Three Houses will still have one more wave of DLC to release by the time the last fighter is out.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
i like to imagine that the reason a FE rep hasn't been revealed sooner (e.g. pack 2 or 3) is that they learned their lesson with corrin and not giving audiences ample time to get to know the character before throwing them into smash forever

surprise surprise, edelgard popularity is now through the roof precisely because people have had the chance to see what she's about

but time will tell whether we get one at all

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
It would feel weird for one of the three house leaders to be in Smash and not the other two. That would feel like favoritism.

D

Deleted member

AndreaAC AndreaAC Noipoi Noipoi

Remember how I mentioned Blender has 2D animation? They just made it easier. The new update adds a new animation feature and it’s awesome. It’s everything you’d want it to be. Pure, 2D animation.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Fire Emblem 3H marks the return of the series returning to consoles, and will likely be the most commercially successful one, and is the most critically successful thus far. I doubt it'd be Edelgard as she's just a lord with an Axe, and Byleth has the whole Divine Pulse gimmick that could be worked on
Ok... but, not sure how this ties in to my post. 3H will be very successful, and there are multiple options that could work... but to have been chosen in this pass, the inclusion wouldn't be informed by reception or popularity.

It would feel weird for one of the three house leaders to be in Smash and not the other two. That would feel like favoritism.
:ultgreninja::ultincineroar:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now that I do honestly think about it. Given we've been given guys like:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool:and:ultridley:. Characters fans has been wanting for almost two decades I don't think the backlash involving another FE character being DLC will be like how:ultcorrin:was given how poor the DLC was with Sm4sh compared to this because we got:ultjoker:of all characters especially.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
AndreaAC AndreaAC Noipoi Noipoi

Remember how I mentioned Blender has 2D animation? They just made it easier. The new update adds a new animation feature and it’s awesome. It’s everything you’d want it to be. Pure, 2D animation.
o3o Ooooooh! Awesome! xD So that means if I open Blender (of course, if my laptop doesn't act weird where it doesn't detect the freakin' OpenGL crap or something), would I be able to check it out?

StormC

Smash Hero
i like to imagine that the reason a FE rep hasn't been revealed sooner (e.g. pack 2 or 3) is that they learned their lesson with corrin and not giving audiences ample time to get to know the character before throwing them into smash forever

surprise surprise, edelgard popularity is now through the roof precisely because people have had the chance to see what she's about

but time will tell whether we get one at all
The only time they’ve ever added a character before their game was out was Greninja. Fates was already out in Japan when they decided on Corrin.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Edelgard is the most important of the three house leaders considering how each are handled in all the routes.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
The only time they’ve ever added a character before their game was out was Greninja. Fates was already out in Japan when they decided on Corrin.
there was Roy too

technically they had also decided on a gen 7 pokemon before S/M released too

Double K

Smash Lord
Ok... but, not sure how this ties in to my post. 3H will be very successful, and there are multiple options that could work... but to have been chosen in this pass, the inclusion wouldn't be informed by reception or popularity.
Corrin was an advertisement, but if the argument is relevancy, 3H probably won't be irrelevant for a while like Fates became, aside from Heroes shilling.

The game is super significant to the series too

also unlike the last 3 games, it was pushed a lot more as a solo product

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Sakurai himself was initially against adding Corrin because he felt it would be too much for FE until the development team suggested to go for it. That and the backlash Corrin makes me think that if there's any promotional 1st party characters, they'll be a stand alone DLC character instead with just the character, some music, and Fighter Spirit.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Someone who is in touch with Sabi dropped a picture of a black bird and said it's from their source. No one knows what this might hint, some people think it might be related to Smash.
Oh okay. So this black bird is the same than a black bird in the new fire emblem ?

StormC

Smash Hero
Corrin was an advertisement, but if the argument is relevancy, 3H probably won't be irrelevant for a while like Fates became, aside from Heroes shilling.

The game is super significant to the series too

also unlike the last 3 games, it was pushed a lot more as a solo product
None of that matters for characters that were decided on last year though.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sakurai himself was initially against adding Corrin because he felt it would be too much for FE until the development team suggested to go for it. That and the backlash Corrin makes me think that if there's any promotional 1st party characters, they'll be a stand alone DLC character instead with just the character, some music, and Fighter Spirit.
I wish we were living in an alternate universe where Elma got chosen instead of Corrin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom