• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I tried some different content for my channel.
I have some things that need ti be fixed, mostly audio balancing, but I guess I can't really go back and fix that now that it's out. Anyway, it was really fun doing this, and I got to collaborate with some other voice actors too, so overall this was great.

Wademan94 Wademan94 Noipoi Noipoi Y'all may like this, not sure.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I thought he picked Roar around the time of Ultra Sun and Moon
I'm pretty sure he said that he had allotted time for development on a gen 7 pokemon but didn't know which one he would include until sun and moon came out. It might have been ultra sun and moon but regardless the decision was made before any gen 7 games were released.

D

Deleted member

o3o Ooooooh! Awesome! xD So that means if I open Blender (of course, if my laptop doesn't act weird where it doesn't detect the freakin' OpenGL crap or something), would I be able to check it out?
It's in the newest 2.8 version. (There'll be some very apparent differences, but the basis is the same. It's mostly layout stuff.) Click "New" and click "2D" and your ready to go!
Nice

Nice

Now I just need to learn how to use it
2.8 just came out, so I reccomend waiting for a tutorial to ease you into it. :)

Bee Card

Smash Ace
How did they leak?
I read that a guy from Capcom leaked them
It was leaked on the Steam SFV page lmao
The video is now deleted but you can find it on youtube (Idk if I post the link here there will be a thumbnail or not cause I don't want to spoil those who prefer to wait the evo), just type street fighter v on youtube and you will find the video

RandomAce

Smash Champion
And it got claimed by Capcom.

Well, I’m assuming what was supposed to be announced at EVO already got leaked, someone literally uploaded a video of what’s to come for SFV.

D

Deleted member

I doubt like, 95% of the people who complain about Fire Emblem having too many characters in smash genuinely hate Fire Emblem. Of course people are gonna complain if a character they don't know who has similar aesthetics to other characters on the roster gets in and "steals" the spot of a character they do know. If it wasn't Fire Emblem it would be Kid Icarus (and it was KI for a bit).

As for Edelgard, don't really have much to say. She could happen, although I have my doubts considering Sack of Rye already expressed apprehension to adding Corrin, even with Nintendo choosing DLC, and the fact that it seems awfully risky to bank on a character like Edelgard's popularity before the game even comes out. Least Fates was out in Japan when Corrin started development.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Corrin was an advertisement, but if the argument is relevancy, 3H probably won't be irrelevant for a while like Fates became, aside from Heroes shilling.

The game is super significant to the series too

also unlike the last 3 games, it was pushed a lot more as a solo product
What point do you think I'm trying to make? I was saying that the factors which caused Corrin's inclusion were the antithesis of K. Rool's - being high fan demand despite a lack of activity in a very long time. Meanwhile Corrin's were promotion-related.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As for Edelgard, don't really have much to say. She could happen, although I have my doubts considering Sack of Rye already expressed apprehension to adding Corrin, even with Nintendo choosing DLC, and the fact that it seems awfully risky to bank on a character like Edelgard's popularity before the game even comes out. Least Fates was out in Japan when Corrin started development.
I was thinking that too but then realize after giving us fan wanted picks like:ultbanjokazooie::ultkrool:and:ultridley:I doubt it'd be controversial as:ultcorrin:was nor would people care due to getting those three.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Three Houses is so good. I’m doing Black Eagles route and I have recruited Leonie, Ashe and Marianne. Working on Annette, Mercedes, Felix, Raphael, Lorenz and Lysithea.

On chapter 7... hope I can unlock them before I hit the time skip.

D

Deleted member

Lol all the last characters of Street Fighter V just get leaked
Bravo Capcom.
E. Honda coming back was inevitable, he looks alright and his stage is neat. Lucia looks generic as ****. Poison coming back is cool but I really do not like her new design.
RIP their EVO reveal lol.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Three Houses is so good. I’m doing Black Eagles route and I have recruited Leonie, Ashe and Marianne. Working on Annette, Mercedes, Felix, Raphael, Lorenz and Lysithea.

On chapter 7... hope I can unlock them before I hit the time skip.
I'm on chapter 8 and I haven't been able to recruit anyone but the neutral characters... how are you doing it?

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
Honestly my thought process with Edelgard is as follows:

A. She looks cool.
B. She has an axe. That's also pretty cool.
c. One of my closest friends loves Fire Emblem, it's his favorite series. He loves Three Houses too. Edelgard would probably make him really happy.

With all this in mind, yeah I think it'd be awesome to see her join the battle.

Who cares if Fire Emblem has a lot of characters. I've found all of them (aside from Robin) to be really fun. I've mained Marth and Chrom despite my knowledge of the series only stemming from Smash and the little bit of Awakening I've played (hoping to beat it someday).

Getting hung up on things like relevance and over representation when in the end they're such trivial things is just silly to me.

Oh, and if I could eliminate "shill picks" from Smash discussions forever I'd be so much happier. Literally who cares. The game already has 80 characters. Boo hoo if one character is from a new game you just happen to not care about.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
...YES BUT 3H is marketed on this choice whereas starters aren’t that big of a commitment.
I’m not that far into 3H so I’ll just keep my mouth shut then. :V
I could say that no matter who you pick in 3H, the other two will still be a big part of the game. The same can't be said for Pokemon starters.

Overall it's the same principle though. Three highly marketed characters, one becomes a lot more crucial than the others depending on who you pick.

Lol all the last characters of Street Fighter V just get leaked
Is it confirmed these are the final additions to SFV?

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Instead of hoping that fanfavorite characters will soften the blow from a shillpick... why not just add another fanfavorite?

Double K

Smash Lord
None of that matters for characters that were decided on last year though.
Except, y'know

the part where "We've been advertising this game which marks are turning of one of our flagship franchises and are betting it won't fall out of relevancy anytime soon like Fates kind of did without Heroes."

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Instead of hoping that fanfavorite characters will soften the blow from a shillpick... why not just add another fanfavorite?
Move out of the way Edelgard, the true Axe user has arrived.

image.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom