• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm surprised so few people seem to think the Starling is referencing Resident Evil.

Because, you know

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Sad thing is, I feel like there are more people open to a Three Houses rep than there are people open to a SwSh character.

That hurts. It really does.

Maybe as more new Pokemon get revealed and we get closer to release, things will change. I just hope their reason behind not wanting a Gen 8 rep doesn't have anything to do with that National Dex nonsense. I'm tired of that bleeding into any conversation involving SwSh.
Selfishly I would prefer a Pokemon character since they would be visually distinct in comparison to the humanoid character options. I generally really like the Pokemon characters they add to Smash. Plus I'd be okay with a big series like Pokemon getting special treatment, but I know that's controversial here.

I'm surprised so few people seem to think the Starling is referencing Resident Evil.

Because, you know

NOW we're cooking with gas.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Incineroar also got in with the base game, that's going to affect things. I'm honestly kind of Pokemon'd out when it comes to smash.
I don't think Incineroar really does anything. The series is popular enough to warrant another character. Plus, Pokemon got two newcomers in 64, Melee, and Brawl, and we just saw FE get three characters in Smash 4, one of which was DLC after an old FE character returned.

And I guess I somewhat understand why some people may be tired of Pokemon characters, but it's not like Pokemon has been racking up the newcomers lately. It's only gotten two new characters between SSB4 and Ultimate, which is less than Mario and FE and equal to Metroid and KI.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This backfired horribly.

I bought a copy of Fortune Street to play with my family instead of Monopoly. And now they like it so damn much that we’re playing it non stop. I’m so sick of it. But every night it’s “lets play Fortune Street!”

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
This backfired horribly.

I bought a copy of Fortune Street to play with my family instead of Monopoly. And now they like it so damn much that we’re playing it non stop. I’m so sick of it. But every night it’s “lets play Fortune Street!”
You replaced Monopoly with Fortune Street? Jesus, you deserved this, then.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
dawg if you post cryptic hints instead of just saying what it is whats the point in trusting you

sabi shouldve been dunked in the trash months ago

Double K

Smash Lord
If that was the case, why not add a BOTW character ahead of time? Or a Xenoblade 2 character? Or ARMS? They don't do it because it's a risk. Game development constantly fluctuates and shifts and Three Houses was still a long way away when they were deciding DLC characters. They would have no idea if people would respond positively to the game, what was in the game, or if the game might be delayed (again). They actively have avoided doing it except in the case of Pokemon, which is about as close to a sure thing as you can get.
I'm not sure why you keep missing the point I'm very clearly saying of 'relevancy is not an actual argument'

Noipoi

Howdy!
dawg if you post cryptic hints instead of just saying what it is whats the point in trusting you

It’s to combat the Nintendo ninjas

“I wasn’t leaking, I just wanted to post a picture of a bird! Is that so wrong?”

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
It’s to combat the Nintendo ninjas

“I wasn’t leaking, I just wanted to post a picture of a bird! Is that so wrong?”
fight the ninjas then

what are they gonna do? taking sabi down just proves him right

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Tbf Sabi didn't share the starling, fatmanonice did. He's also in that discord. And neither know what it's actually hinting at, it was posted by one of Sabi's sources.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Selfishly I would prefer a Pokemon character since they would be visually distinct in comparison to the humanoid character options. I generally really like the Pokemon characters they add to Smash. Plus I'd be okay with a big series like Pokemon getting special treatment, but I know that's controversial here.
I feel like the Pokémon series as a whole lends itself to Smash pretty well. So many Pokémon have the potential to be fighters in this style of gameplay. It’s probably one of the biggest reasons why I’ve wanted to see and have been working on ideas for a dedicated Smash-styled Pokémon fighting game.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I don't think Incineroar really does anything. The series is popular enough to warrant another character. Plus, Pokemon got two newcomers in 64, Melee, and Brawl, and we just saw FE get three characters in Smash 4, one of which was DLC after an old FE character returned.

And I guess I somewhat understand why some people may be tired of Pokemon characters, but it's not like Pokemon has been racking up the newcomers lately. It's only gotten two new characters between SSB4 and Ultimate, which is less than Mario and FE and equal to Metroid and KI.
Sure, Pokemon hasn't gotten a big burst of newcomers like FE has, but it's been consistently getting tons of newcomers since the dawn of time. Part of what makes me tired of it is that the past two newcomers were almost solely meant for marketing a new generation. I'm not really up for another pokemon that exists only to shill a new game and then be forgotten, certainly not one I'm paying for.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Tbf Sabi didn't share the starling, fatmanonice did. He's also in that discord. And neither know what it's actually hinting at, it was posted by one of Sabi's sources.
if it isnt a plant with vr goggles who has a 101% accuracy rate i have zero regrets of dunking anything

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
One thing to note about Pokemon is that due to thier unusual body types and powers, they tend to have the most unique movesets of the cast.

So I wouldn't be opposed to new Pokemon.
But I would be a bit irritated if a Gen 8 mon was in the fighter pass for other reasons.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Sad thing is, I feel like there are more people open to a Three Houses rep than there are people open to a SwSh character.

That hurts. It really does.

Maybe as more new Pokemon get revealed and we get closer to release, things will change. I just hope their reason behind not wanting a Gen 8 rep doesn't have anything to do with that National Dex nonsense. I'm tired of that bleeding into any conversation involving SwSh.
I'd prefer a SwSh rep, though I'd rather have no one from FE or Pokemon, because I dislike the idea of how the continuous releases of games in those series keep guaranteeing them new characters.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
What if the Starling the entire time was referring to a Star, like a pop star or something? I mean, we haven't got a rhythm rep, and thats one people are clamoring for since the Chorus Kids.

Idk.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
1564624700336.png

Sometimes it takes a lot of humility to admit that the most cryptic hints are also the most obvious.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm not sure why you keep missing the point I'm very clearly saying of 'relevancy is not an actual argument'
My point is in the context of the Fighters Pass, the longterm popularity of 3H and IS's plans for the characters/game weren't going to be deciding factor in a character roster that was decided on in November. Anything after that is fair game.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
If there's a character you want, you'd better support them now instead of later. A second Fighter Pass is anything but confirmed, so if fighter #5 comes and goes without any announcements of more DLC, you can kiss Edelgard's chances goodbye. She'll be old news by Smash 6.

Personally, I don't really want any more third-parties. Yeah, they can be fun and exciting, but I've more than had my fill. I'd actually like for the last two spots to go back to first-party so the Nintendo fans have something too.
I don't think giving characters support at this point matters, those 5 DLC characters have already been chosen by now and Nintendo isn't going to make any changes at this point.

I still really think that if this pass sells well, there will be a second. It would be such a weird decision to have a game with DLC support, released this early in the console's lifetime, to just stop being supported.

Shroob

Sup?
I don't think giving characters support at this point matters, those 5 DLC characters have already been chosen by now and Nintendo isn't going to make any changes at this point.

I still really think that if this pass sells well, there will be a second. It would be such a weird decision to have a game with DLC support, released this early in the console's lifetime, to just stop being supported.
Splatoon 2

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Are you saying that I cant bodyshame birds anymore?
That, and I hate it when people say, "'This character' can't fight because they don't have a body shape that fits the fighting game".

But mostly birds. Stop bird shaming, you wingless mongrels.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
pros to a fighters pass 2: waluigi makes it home

cons to a fighters pass 2: sakurai cant work on another kid icarus game

Shroob

Sup?
That, and I hate it when people say, "'This character' can't fight because they don't have a body shape that fits the fighting game".

But mostly birds. Stop bird shaming, you wingless mongrels.
I'll have the last laugh when they're baking at 400 degrees in lemon sauce and garlic.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
@Taylor F T W T Something had to be sacrified because of the new version of Blender:
textureless.png
1 (2).png
T ^ T I'm so sad! Just when I was thinking of drawing more of Omega Ridley, this happened! For some reason the model is now textureless, when before it had EVERYTHING! I wonder why it got affected...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom