• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm sure it's been brought up several times by now, but Sabi is saying that weird image he posted of the black bird on the roof is indeed a hint.

Any ideas?
Unless its something vague like the intro to Tekken 6 starting with a shot of a bird, I got no idea who it'd be. Some people are saying it might be Geno since he's actually a star that animates a puppet, and the bird itself is a starling.

If it was Edelgard, I feel like an eagle would be a more appropriate hint, but a black bird might be considered enough for some.

Or it could just be some bird Pokemon.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
When Nintendo comes out with a new IP based on birds we’re all gonna look stupid
Actually, it's just gonna be Nintendo purchasing Rovio so they can own the rights to Angry Birds

Who needs to make a new IP when you've got money?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey everyone. Do you think that there are benefits that come from playing multiple characters besides obviously just having more fun with the game? All responses are appreciated.
If you want to be competitive, you definitely want to have multiple characters you can play well. In this game especially compared to smash 4, having a pocket character for different matchups is really important.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
There is one thing about Three Houses that bothers me so much, there's no god damn map for the Monastery. Like, yeah, there's a minimal, but it's useless. I spend most of my time on my free days wandering around trying to find places I've been before. It's infuriating.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
There is one thing about Three Houses that bothers me so much, there's no god damn map for the Monastery. Like, yeah, there's a minimal, but it's useless. I spend most of my time on my free days wandering around trying to find places I've been before. It's infuriating.
Press the r button (might be zr, I forget), it brings up a map and lets you fast travel.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
No one else realize how strange it is we didnt get 3 houses spirits added, yet let's go, super mario party and links awakening did?

Galactic think.
So we're getting Claude for Black History Month as the last character?

StormC

Smash Hero
who the **** is velvet
Since seemingly nobody has answered this question, it's Velvet Crowe, the protagonist of Tales Of Berseria.

Based on the Xenoblade 2 spirits... if she got in, her design would need a few uh, adjustments:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
IF Edelgard is in it has to be her timeskip design. I havent played 3H yet so i dont know if shes evil despite her timeskip design giving off that vibe but we dont have any heavy armored characters in smash so that would definitely add something new and a extra plus if she's a female villain
View attachment 233131
Why does the dude on the right look like a Ye Olde Rugal? Can he even do a Genocide cutter in that outfit?

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Press the r button (might be zr, I forget), it brings up a map and lets you fast travel.
...I feel really stupid right now... Um...

It turns out there was something covering just enough of the bottom right corner of my screen, that I could never see that prompt. Why was this never part of the game's tutorial?

Either way, thank you very much!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I think the Starling part is looked into way too deeply. The source who uploaded the bird picture took it himself, since the picture is nowhere to be found anywhere else on the internet. If the Starling species is really the hint then that means they've spent some time looking for a specific bird species to take a photo of, which sounds like too much work and dedication for a hint picture. Either the person who took the picture had way too much time on their hand or they simply didn't care which species of bird they took a photo of.
It's possible he just saw the bird outside his window, since starlings are an invasive species.

But this is possible, as well. I don't know. Fatmanonice has said that the source has said things out-right before, but usually he shares these image hints when it's something the members of their discord have openly liked or talked about, that the source likes to be funny/have fun or whatever he said.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
By the way, if anyone thinks I was being serious about the bird thing, you need to go outside and breath.
Well of course you weren't being serious. :nifty: You were just being uncomfortably pretentious.

Since seemingly nobody has answered this question, it's Velvet Crowe, the protagonist of Tales Of Berseria.

Based on the Xenoblade 2 spirits... if she got in, her design would need a few uh, adjustments:

and they say fashion is dead

StormC

Smash Hero
I honestly really like Velvet's design and think it's a good way to do a fanservice-y outfit without it being gratuitous. Though it helps that the game itself doesn't really get male gaze-y with it and the character never feels ashamed of the outfit. So many times these characters are wearing this stuff and then are clear they don't like wearing it. It's a creepy thing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I honestly really like Velvet's design and think it's a good way to do a fanservice-y outfit without it being gratuitous. Though it helps that the game itself doesn't really get male gaze-y with it and the character never feels ashamed of the outfit. So many times these characters are wearing this stuff and then are clear they don't like wearing it. It's a creepy thing.
What's really creepy is that everything's long where its supposed to be short and everything's short where it's supposed to be long. It's like a JRPG staple at this point, Shulk does it shamelessly with a sweater and shorts.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
Hey everyone. Do you think that there are benefits that come from playing multiple characters besides obviously just having more fun with the game? All responses are appreciated.
Yes. In a competitive sense, it’s better to be good with multiple characters just in a case you have a difficult time with a certain matchup.

It’s also nice to be versatile instead of putting all your eggs in one basket imo, so having at least 2 characters you’re solid with is always a plus. Even if they play similarly.

Of course this excluding echoes that are just combined into one slot on tier lists since they play almost identically.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
My knowledge of Resident Evil goes as far as bullet goes in zombie head.
Same. I barely knew anything outside of characters so when I beat RE7 I was glad to know that I didn't really need to know anything about the previous games to have an enjoyable experi-

untitled.png

god dammit

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

My beautiful queen returns! I’m so glad she’s in. Honda and Lucia are... eh. Whatever. But I’m so happy to have a Poison back. A solid end for SFV. Can’t wait to see what they do for 6 next gen.

Fun fact: Did you know Poison is one of the earliest trans characters in video games? The only earlier example is Birdo by about one year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom