• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
eh, street fighter characters are weird

e. honda is basically just something like roy coming back in the game
who the **** is lucia
and poison is poison, you either love her for that one specific part or youre just indifferent

i dont even know if capcom double downed on what poison is

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Geez that sucks
I downloaded an older version (the one I had before) and the model is just fine. o-o I cannot move without a mouse...I remember being able to do that before with the pad of my laptop, but my mind is blank.

:O I will try to use it anyway.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey. It’s fun to play. Final version SFV is way better than launch. Not saying it shouldn’t get flack for its launch. Just saying it’s actually good now.
aint really good to look at

ken screams uncanny valley

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So what's everyone's opinion and verdict at the possibility of DLC fighter 4 being announced in August whether EVO or any other date?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I was under the impression people hated him. Max dood does at least.
Yeah, but like, he's been around since SF2 (though he wasn't in SF3 I think), so he definitely has fans (just nto Ryu Ken or Chun levels), and you really should leave out a classic character until the very end.

That's like Ninty cutting Falcon, and then not putting him back in the game until the last wave of DLC, like, sure is isn't as popular as Mario, Link, and the others, but he's still a classic character that should be priotized over majority of the cast.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On another note apparently found out DLC for MK11 has been delayed from EVO. Joy...I already really want to see how Spawn looks.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
So what's everyone's opinion and verdict at the possibility of DLC fighter 4 being announced in August whether EVO or any other date?
I think no chance at all. Character 4 will.most likely release in December at the earliest. Announcing it now seems rather premature.

Also the bird is facing right. A Phoenix looks just Wright :mybodyisreggie:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, but like, he's been around since SF2 (though he wasn't in SF3 I think), so he definitely has fans (just nto Ryu Ken or Chun levels), and you really should leave out a classic character until the very end.

That's like Ninty cutting Falcon, and then not putting him back in the game until the last wave of DLC, like, sure is isn't as popular as Mario, Link, and the others, but he's still a classic character that should be priotized over majority of the cast.
I don’t know. Classic characters have no real priority over interesting characters unless they’re like, the main 5-8. It can’t be Street Fighter law that every game has to have everyone from 2 in it. That’s so many slots taken up that could go to other interesting vets from other games or new creations.

Plus the game still doesn’t have T. Hawk, Dee Jay, or Fei Long.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think no chance at all. Character 4 will.most likely release in December at the earliest. Announcing it now seems rather premature.

Also the bird is facing right. A Phoenix looks just Wright :mybodyisreggie:
Inb4 plot twist that’s actually why the leaker chose it. Imagine:

*not gameplay footage comes on in a direct.

*Shows a slightly blocked female figure in a red outfit. Trailer continues as they walk beside someone.

Finally they arrive and the scene fades to black. All of a sudden a door burst open and
“OBJECTION!” Is heard.

*Phoenix Wright takes the case!

The red figure was actually just maya dressed as eldegard.
:p

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
The amount of people complaining about The Hero is seriously getting on my last nerve.

CD11EAB0-7625-4BC2-BA1F-DEA1DF67DC46.jpeg

85D48E62-C10F-4206-9EAF-43315A1A52FE.jpeg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm personally thinking September too. August is a little too early if anything. At most we could maybe get a tease or hint but even then I'm doubtful of that happening.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why do I get a feeling that the leak, which no doubt lead to the early reveal, means Capcom has nothing for EVO now.

I could dream that they’d use it to tease the next steps for Street Fighter and MvC. But I kind of doubt it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don’t know. Classic characters have no real priority over interesting characters unless they’re like, the main 5-8. It can’t be Street Fighter law that every game has to have everyone from 2 in it. That’s so many slots taken up that could go to other interesting vets from other games or new creations.

Plus the game still doesn’t have T. Hawk, Dee Jay, or Fei Long.
I know it's not really law, but come on, Guile, Blanka, E. Honda, and Balrog being DLC alongside other iconic staples such as Sakura and Akuma just doesn't feel right at all.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I know it's to really law, but come on, Guile, Blanka, E. Honda, and Balrog being DLC alongside other iconic staples such as Sakura and Akuma just doesn't feel right at all.
I mean. This is just basically an updated version of their whole “release an updated version of the game” policy. One where you don’t have to pay a full $60 for like, 4 new characters. Money wise, this is way better than 4 if you followed that from the beginning.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The amount of people complaining about The Hero is seriously getting on my last nerve.

View attachment 233155
View attachment 233156
Y'all don't want to be in the matches I've played today.

Except maybe one, though I was just being a silly Dedede in that one.

Honestly some Heroes lost but were still annoying to deal with, even when playing as Hero myself. yes I tried to dodge.

One other match I had, which was just unfair and doesn't really have to do with Hero's moves themselves, was that two Heroes decided to team up. In a Free for All match. And they teamed from the start. Me and a Link that was also in the match soon realized this so we focused on them...and we lost. They proceeded to T-bag and take turns SDing until one of them won.

I did get a win one time when a Hero used Kamikazee next to me, but the other opponent was also in range and had more damage so he died while I was barely launched when the match ended. In another match I won as Ice Climbers but I forgot how.

Also, dang Nana can screw up your recovery if she grabs the ledge or is in the process of climbing up, even though she should be close enough for Up-B to work...they're still favorites of mine, though, and are still fun to use. I guess that's my fault, anyway, I shouldn't get close to the ledge enough for her to ruin Belay or have it where she can grab it after I do and she pushes me off...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

eh, street fighter characters are weird

e. honda is basically just something like roy coming back in the game
who the **** is lucia
and poison is poison, you either love her for that one specific part or youre just indifferent

i dont even know if capcom double downed on what poison is
Lucia's from Final Fight 3. Her moveset there was pretty much kicking + flame kick. More Final Fight is cool but she looks really boring imo.

D

Deleted member

Let's be honest, bird photo is kinda pointless. If it's something so vague that can only be seen in retrospective, then it's probably something that no one will be able to guess or is so simple. Plus it could very well be a jape, given how the dude seems to tease their group.

On the other hand, we're focusing too much on the bird where there's also that nice roof to a House if you know what I mean :b

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Let's be honest, bird photo is kinda pointless. If it's something so vague that can only be seen in retrospective, then it's probably something that no one will be able to guess or is so simple. Plus it could very well be a jape, given how the dude seems to tease their group.

On the other hand, we're focusing too much on the bird where there's also that nice roof to a House if you know what I mean :b
It could be a jape, but it seems his other teases have come to fruition, and nothing was mentioned about him trolling.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean. This is just basically an updated version of their whole “release an updated version of the game” policy. One where you don’t have to pay a full $60 for like, 4 new characters. Money wise, this is way better than 4 if you followed that from the beginning.
Honestly, I don't think this would have been an issue if the game didn't release with the same amount of characters from the initial version of SFIV in 2008, nearly a decade before SFV released.

Like, I feel like if it released with the same amount of characters as the base home edition of SF4 did (maybe a bit more), then yeah, maybe things would work out better.

StormC

Smash Hero
I wonder what a September Direct would feature, this year seems pretty planned out. I guess we'd see Q1/Q2 stuff, maybe more BOTW2 and an Odyssey 2 reveal. Bayonetta 3 could finally exist.

Pikmin 3 and Metroid Prime Trilogy have been rumored forever as well.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I don't think this would have been an issue if the game didn't release with the same amount of characters from the initial version of SFIV in 2008, nearly a decade before SFV released.

Like, I feel like if it released with the same amount of characters as the base home edition of SF4 did (maybe a bit more), then yeah, maybe things would work out better.
And let’s hope they learn from this for SFVI.

And let’s hope Marvel learns to not be so.... Disney.... if MvC Next ever happens.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I wonder what a September Direct would feature, this year seems pretty planned out. I guess we'd see Q1/Q2 stuff, maybe more BOTW2 and an Odyssey 2 reveal. Bayonetta 3 could finally exist.

More info on Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion 3.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And now tis August the next batch of movies I'll be seeing this month.

-Hobbs & Shaw (Tomorrow)
-47 Meters Down: Uncaged
-Angel Has Fallen

Of the three I'm most excited (Obviously) of the first one which is tomorrow.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Lucia's from Final Fight 3. Her moveset there was pretty much kicking + flame kick. More Final Fight is cool but she looks really boring imo.
oh dude come on

cody gets character development of the century and then we just get cop

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

I have absolutely no idea. Like, there isn’t really anything I want from it. Astral Chain will have been out by then.... Bayonetta 3 would be nice I guess but I doubt we’ll see anything. I was really hoping for E3 to reveal some extended Microsoft content on Switch but sense that didn’t happen... I don’t really know why it would happen in September unless it was just low-effort ports. Though I am still hoping for an HD remake collection of Banjo-Kazooie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom