• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Wait, why did it take THIS long to get E Honda in the game?
Street Fighter fans hate any characters that are weird and have a hodgepodge of ugly features but get horny the second they add another thick thighed women with a doll face and big feet that add nothing new to an already giant cast of different cultures and design variety

Just look at the reaction to FANG and Hakan

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
God. It’s impossible to build rosters for a Marvel vs. Capcom game. I can’t make a good one without feeling like I’m falling short in certain areas or going above 60 characters plus DLC.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe beat you to it.
We try to forget that disgrace even existed to begin with.

I'm talking about an actual game where its not held back and I mean the Injustice game series not DC as a whole. I always took DC and Marvel not being over the top gory being too used to the cartoons but now realize how graphic the comics can actually be.

Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
We try to forget that disgrace even existed to begin with.

I'm talking about an actual game where its not held back and I mean the Injustice game series not DC as a whole. I always took DC and Marvel not being over the top gory being too used to the cartoons but now realize how graphic the comics can actually be.
I mean, sure? Maybe? I'm not that huge on Mortal Kombat (Scorpion and Sub-Zero are awesome though) or Injustice, but I guess it could work. Question is will Ash from Evil Dead fight the Power Ranger is such a game?

StormC

Smash Hero
It's probably wishful thinking, but it would be cool if Banjo got a release date announcement at EVO. I'm just so sick of vague timeframes.
Something to keep in mind, this is Nintendo's official summer calendar:

Doesn't seem like a September release is on the table.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So what's everyone's opinion and verdict at the possibility of DLC fighter 4 being announced in August whether EVO or any other date?
I expect literally nothing at EVO. Too close after the release of Hero, and too early for anything on Banjo & Kazooie, and way too early for anything on Fighter #4.

The only question I think is up in the air is if Fighter #4 is announced in a September Direct, which I expect to be before Banjo & Kazooie's release. A September Direct is the best time for info, but if it's not ready, we'll only get a vague update such as "Wait a bit longer", like in the Spring Direct. I feel like it's likely Fighter #4 might spring up on us at a random date.

The only thing I'm waiting for now is for Banjo & Kazooie's page to be up. :facepalm: Looks like it won't be until Hero's had enough time out (understandable), but could it be this month, or are we waiting until Fall...

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Dang it. I was really hoping for him to come out sooner. God he has to be early fall. He’s done enough to have a trailer (just like Hero). How much more time does he actually need?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For Marvel vs. Capcom 4.

Elsa Bloodstone (As of this moment my favorite Marvel gal) or bust.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I have two free days remaining until I’m pretty sure **** is going to go down.

I have two recruitable units remaining: Marianne and Ashe.

I don’t know if my stats will be high enough to recruit them both. But goddamnit I can’t not try!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Dang it. I was really hoping for him to come out sooner. God he has to be early fall. He’s done enough to have a trailer (just like Hero). How much more time does he actually need?
I think it's pretty telling that very few of his attacks were actually shown. Off the top of my head, it was the four specials, Final Smash, Jab, Forward Tilt, and Forward Smash. Add in some jankiness to the model and Banjo really didn't seem too far along. Just enough to get a trailer, basically.

Edit: Forgot Down Tilt.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think it's pretty telling that very few of his attacks were actually shown. Off the top of my head, it was the four specials, Final Smash, Jab, Forward Tilt, and Forward Smash. Add in some jankiness to the model and Banjo really didn't seem too far along. Just enough to get a trailer, basically.
Really? .....

Look. I get that we have to wait. It’s just... I don’t know. I’m used o companies offering DLC characters a bit more regularly. I guess it’s jyst example of Nintendo being Nintendo (which I don’t think should be an excuse but whatever).

osby

Smash Obsessed
Byleth was my first pick for a Three Houses character in Smash, but Tara Platt makes me want Edelgard just so that I can have Mitsuru's voice along with Yuri Lowenthal.

D

Deleted member

Damn, Ono aint gonna be at EVO either. Dude's a passionate guy, having all this accidentally leak must suck, and it's definitely gonna harm SFV's numbers during the finals.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord
So... since we have a character that revolves around RNG, and demand for a Capcom character is high... does that mean Phoenix Wright is next?
I mean, tinfoil hat time, but it's a bird, and Phoenix is also a mythical bird.

That's all.
Since I just got the pheonix wright trilogy on switch and this is my first.time playing his games ( I've finished the first one) I can honestly say
Hell yeah buddy gimme that spiky haired objection filled madman that be badass

Although I still stand by that I'm against no charachter getting into smash bros because I always say as long as one guy loves that this charachters is in the game then its worth it.

I probably have charachters that I personally would like more than others but I just cant justify getting mad that a charachter got in

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ah, August already! I'm already more than 2/3 of the way through Summer Vacation! Time to reflect on all that I've done this summer!
1564635330416.png

wow! I'm lazy!

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm expecting Banjo and Kazooie to release early-to-mid October, then, if the amiibo pattern doesn't hold and they don't release on the last day of September.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Makes sense to be perfectly honest.

I was always pinning September-October for him, but October seems to be a lock now due to just..... well if they show a character in September via a Direct that one will probably come in December, which leaves 2~ months until the finish line.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I'll get salt for this, but Phoniex Wright would be a meh pick for me. Between a cop turned CIA agent whose fought all kinds of monster, a demon hunter with multiple stylish ways to kick demon butt, and a human who hunts monsters 10x bigger than they are for a living, I don't find the lawyer an interesting pick.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master

Edit: Forgot Down Tilt.
And let's not forget, a lot of the work going up towards release is likely balancing. It could be that a lot of the surface level stuff is done, and could be shown off, but that doesn't mean we're any close to release because of that.

Really, my expectation is October, maybe even November given the timing of Hero.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I think Banjo might release on September 30th, similar to the Hero's release. Dunno, I feel like that would make sense.

Shroob

Sup?
And let's not forget, a lot of the work going up towards release is likely balancing. It could be that a lot of the surface level stuff is done, and could be shown off, but that doesn't mean we're any close to release because of that.

Really, my expectation is October, maybe even November given the timing of Hero.
November just seems way too late unless the last two characters are either a dual release or are being released a month apart.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'll get salt for this, but Phoniex Wright would be a meh pick for me. Between a cop turned CIA agent whose fought all kinds of monster, a demon hunter with multiple stylish ways to kick demon butt, and a human who hunts monsters 10x bigger than they are for a living, I don't find the lawyer an interesting pick.
Get outta here.

He is a lawyer with magical stones that break people emotionally with a spirit medium partner*

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Really? .....

Look. I get that we have to wait. It’s just... I don’t know. I’m used o companies offering DLC characters a bit more regularly. I guess it’s jyst example of Nintendo being Nintendo (which I don’t think should be an excuse but whatever).
Namco & DBFZ, Arc Sys & Blazblue Cross Tag & probably a couple of others laugh at this post.

That ain't a Nintendo problem, that's a fighting game problem as of late.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
OH. MY. ****ING. GOD. PRAISE BE.

I recruited everybody I could, except for the “exclusives”! Thank Seiros. I really wasn’t confident I could do it, but I spread out my staff training to hit all subjects. It might make me a jack-of-all-trades, master of none. But it wasn’t about me in the first place.

It’s always about the students. (Ugh, what a teacher I am. Such cringe.)

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
November just seems way too late unless the last two characters are either a dual release or are being released a month apart.
I think that it's likely October, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were pushing it in terms of releases. All depends on if the progress is on time, or if they're taking longer than expected. So I leave November as a "at the latest" possibility.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Really? .....

Nintendo doesn't even develop the game. It's probably because how much care Sakurai puts into the DLC characters. It takes a lot of time to make a good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom