• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can't say any of the SFV characters are particularly exciting. I think Honda's the most boring of the SF2 cast, but Mike Ross might be happy. Kind of neat they added a protag from Final Fight 3 tho.

I wasn't too huge on Kage's design being much lamer than Evil Ryu's SF4 interpretation.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Am I losing it or did they take Mii Gunner off the mural?

I just found out about this a few hours ago when people were talking about it. No clue why Mii Gunner is missing since everything else looks fine. I'm always curious where hyper hires versions of the older murals originated from, if not from the Smash website, as well as versions like this. Some other official account? Fan edited from videos?

I'd much prefer a mural like this instead of the one that loops on the site, in higher res.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I just found out about this a few hours ago when people were talking about it. No clue why Mii Gunner is missing since everything else looks fine. I'm always curious where hyper hires versions of the older murals originated from, if not from the Smash website, as well as versions like this. Some other official account? Fan edited from videos?

I'd much prefer a mural like this instead of the one that loops on the site, in higher res.
It was obvious from the start that they add a banner first and then individually create and place character art later. They'll do it once the entire roster is complete.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Every time I see that banner I get so confused on why Donkey Kong looks so dissimilar to how he actually looks in the game. He looks like the weird ass drawing of him for Smash 64 more than anything else.

StormC

Smash Hero
DK really does look terrible in it. I think the other characters generally look fine but DK's face is... bad.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
DK really does look terrible in it. I think the other characters generally look fine but DK's face is... bad.
Yeah, it was a little unnerving for me at first, but I've grown to enjoy it. I think it's difficult trying to find a consistent artstyle that fits such a wide variety of characters, though some decisions are odd.

Banjo looked odd to me when I first saw it--like the render, Kazooie looks perfect while Banjo's a bit off. For me, in the mural, it's the weird smile that curves at the end.

That being said, I've grown to like it--I use it for my Wallpaper and it's crazy every now and then to just sit back and stare at it.

StormC

Smash Hero
I wish they'd release all the character art as individual .PNG files. I need that K. Rool drawing.

StormC

Smash Hero
I entered a match in an arena where it loaded a custom stage with an inescapable room. The other player loaded into it and couldn't get out no matter what.

Thankfully he was playing as Hero and could Kamikaze out of it, but damn.

Shroob

Sup?
I entered a match in an arena where it loaded a custom stage with an inescapable room. The other player loaded into it and couldn't get out no matter what.

Thankfully he was playing as Hero and could Kamikaze out of it, but damn.
So you ended up in a SAW Movie pretty much.

StormC

Smash Hero
So you ended up in a SAW Movie pretty much.
Does that make K. Rool Jigsaw? All I could do is watch as he struggled in vain. And then I kicked his butt once he respawned.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
FINALLY, FINALLY, I HAVE RECRUITED MARIANNE.
4PiZ.gif

Oh my god, it took so long, but it finally happen, now, all I need is Berna and I be good.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Wait, where did you get this mural? The one of the official website has Mii Gunner on Mii Swordfighter right, on the right of Link leg to be precise.
Yes, but there are usually two versions, one created to loop and one not. It was just making the rounds, not from an official site or anything, and while I don't imagine it's fan-made, if I had to examine another version of that bloody panorama for authenticity one more time, I might throw up. :p

Shroob

Sup?
Does it count if many of them are basically humanoid? (ESPECIALLY Inkling?)

Eight just has a straight up hamster.
Yeah, aside from the Pokemon, which are debatable, all those characters are clearly sentient, sapient beings.

Munchie's a Hamster(Albeit, ya know, the plot of 8 and all).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah animal abuse is pretty bad, but so is child abuse.

And domestic abuse.

And abuse in general.

The take away from all this: Don't play Smash Brothers. It's an evil game that teaches you abuse.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yeah animal abuse is pretty bad, but so is child abuse.

And domestic abuse.

And abuse in general.

The take away from all this: Don't play Smash Brothers. It's an evil game that teaches you abuse.

I can hear the Matpat machine working right n---

"HELLO INTERNET AND WELCOME TO GAME THEORYYYYYYYYY.... AND TODAY WE'RE ASKING THE QUESTION, INSTEAD OF SMAAAASHING THAT LIKE BUTTON, IS *Puts on extra gloomy voice* Super Smash Brothers.... more likely to make you violent?"

You know that ****** would.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Decided to change up my wallpaper, sticking to the same theme (now that I had found similar artwork posted on the Smash Blog, coincidentally enough).
Smashboards Background 2.png

I wish they'd release all the character art as individual .PNG files. I need that K. Rool drawing.
Yeah, I wish so as well. The closest thing we got is some fantastic work by TylerZM, who along with HighCaliber, created these renders of the artwork from the mural to the best of their abilities. Since some characters are always overlapped, there are missing elements (unfortunately, King K Rool is among them), but they're really cool. I've tried to create some fan art using them, unfortunately because of the missing pieces, I still cannot get it the way I want it.

Shroob

Sup?
Decided to change up my wallpaper, sticking to the same theme (now that I had found similar artwork posted on the Smash Blog, coincidentally enough).

Yeah, I wish so as well. The closest thing we got is some fantastic work by TylerZM, who along with HighCaliber, created these renders of the artwork from the mural to the best of their abilities. Since some characters are always overlapped, there are missing elements (unfortunately, King K Rool is among them), but they're really cool. I've tried to create some fan art using them, unfortunately because of the missing pieces, I still cannot get it the way I want it.
I *NEED* this when the last 2 characters are revealed holy ****.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

:D Let's check it out...!

*Opens Blender* *Prays that it doesn't do the No OpenGL bs* *Doesn't do that*...*Sees this*

View attachment 233142

:D....I'm scared...
LOL That's what I thought at first, but trust me, it's not nearly as scary as you'd think. I'll try to put together something to show you how it works. :)
Interesting.

Interesting indeed.

It's all free, right?
Yeah, it is. Kinda crazy. Like, having used it myself, there is literally no areas where you have to pay. 101% free.
@Taylor F T W T Something had to be sacrified because of the new version of Blender:
T ^ T I'm so sad! Just when I was thinking of drawing more of Omega Ridley, this happened! For some reason the model is now textureless, when before it had EVERYTHING! I wonder why it got affected...
It's because it's a new version, so I think it messed up and didn't import the textures. If you can send me the model and the textures, I can try to put it back for you!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Every time I see that banner I get so confused on why Donkey Kong looks so dissimilar to how he actually looks in the game. He looks like the weird *** drawing of him for Smash 64 more than anything else.
If you ask me, it kinda invokes the classic design of DK, like in the arcade games and stuff.

Maybe it's the more disproportionate body? Maybe it's just the toothy grin he has?

I don't why exactly, but it just does.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I can hear the Matpat machine working right n---

"HELLO INTERNET AND WELCOME TO GAME THEORYYYYYYYYY.... AND TODAY WE'RE ASKING THE QUESTION, INSTEAD OF SMAAAASHING THAT LIKE BUTTON, IS *Puts on extra gloomy voice* Super Smash Brothers.... more likely to make you violent?"

You know that ****** would.
Can we ban matpat talk please? I’m sick of having to defend him from people because for whatever reason the internet thinks he’s Satan. It just makes me angry to see stuff like this. And I don’t want to be angry right now.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Maybe it was just me but I remeber seeing many people say Hard was thr true way to play FE

or maybe Im missremebering things lol
hard mode was definitely the most balanced difficulty for awakening and so the mentality's stuck

though personally i always play hard anyway because normal tends to drop off in difficulty towards the end whereas hard stays consistent

D

Deleted member

If you ask me, it kinda invokes the classic design of DK, like in the arcade games and stuff.

Maybe it's the more disproportionate body? Maybe it's just the toothy grin he has?

I don't why exactly, but it just does.
I think the body is fine. The face kinda is off, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom