• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Keep in mind however that X originally came out in 2015, the perfect timing window for Ultimate, while Rex (and Spring Man) were unfortunately too late. (Mind you also that Persona 5 was initially revealed in 2014 and merely got delayed until 2017, so Joker wouldn’t fall under the “too late” category.) That was emphasized with the reveal of Rex’s Mii Costume, I’d say.

Yeah Rex could be in a hypothetical Xenoblade Warriors, but I’ve given up on him appearing in Ultimate as playable.

And like I said - X2/Xenoblade Warriors could cause Elma to be included in Smash as a promotion incentive to that
Rex was not too late for DLC. They just didnt pick him despite missing the base roster window.

I think people misunderstand that base roster and DLC had different deadlines.

Rex was too late for base, but also not picked by Nintendo/Sakurai for DLC.

I really do not see them picking Elma.over Rex as DLC.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Rex was not too late for DLC. They just didnt pick him despite missing the base roster window.

I think people misunderstand that base roster and DLC had different deadlines.

Rex was too late for base, but also not picked by Nintendo/Sakurai for DLC.

I really do not see them picking Elma.over Rex as DLC.
A lot of people misinterpret the situation. If XC2 came out in 2017, then there's no way Rex couldn't have been considered for DLC.

It's not that he was too late, it's just that Nintendo and Sakurai didn't want him badly enough. It sounds a bit cruel, but it's understandable. XC2 would've been almost a year and a half old by the time Rex came out, and given the type of franchise Xenoblade is, it probably wouldn't have had that much of an impact on sales for both the Switch and the Fighter Pass itself. Plus, it's hard to say if Rex was genuinely popular or simply expected by fans.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
A lot of people misinterpret the situation. If XC2 came out in 2017, then there's no way Rex couldn't have been considered for DLC.

It's not that he was too late, it's just that Nintendo and Sakurai didn't want him badly enough. It sounds a bit cruel, but it's understandable. XC2 would've been almost a year and a half old by the time Rex came out, and given the type of franchise Xenoblade is, it probably wouldn't have had that much of an impact on sales for both the Switch and the Fighter Pass itself. Plus, it's hard to say if Rex was genuinely popular or simply expected by fans.
Yeah the character has very unfortunate timing, kind of like FE lords of the past. By the time Smash 6 is announced the protagonist from the third game is vastly more likely.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I would like to point out that with Lucario, Ryu, Hero, and Falcon, we have the voices of Goku, Gohan, Trunks, and Vegeta all in Smash Ultimate, and that's not all. Lucario, Ryu, Hero, all have a Kamehameha-esque move, putting thier hand to the side and firing a projectile in a cusp like motion; Goku, Gohan, and Trunks all used the Kamehameha wave at one point, Vegeta never did, and Falcon doesn't have that move in Smash.
In addition, it's Goku and Gohan (the Son family) share the same english vouce actor with Lucario and Ryu. With the case for Vegeta and Trunks (his family, also, does Vegeta even have a surname?), its the Japanese voice actors with Falcon and Hero.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I would like to point out that with Lucario, Ryu, Hero, and Falcon, we have the voices of Goku, Gohan, Trunks, and Vegeta all in Smash Ultimate, and that's not all. Lucario, Ryu, Hero, all have a Kamehameha-esque move, putting thier hand to the side and firing a projectile in a cusp like motion; Goku, Gohan, and Trunks all used the Kamehameha wave at one point, Vegeta never did, and Falcon doesn't have that move in Smash.
In addition, it's Goku and Gohan (the Son family) share the same english vouce actor with Lucario and Ryu. With the case for Vegeta and Trunks (his family, also, does Vegeta even have a surname?), its the Japanese voice actors with Falcon and Hero.
Vegeta is technically Vegeta Briefs if I had to guess but that's just weird, man.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok, so I did this for you so you don't have to watch a YouTube vid on this and have it spam you reccomended.

Hero can do the Battlefield jump, the FD jump, the training stage jump, the Smashville jump, and the Temple Jump. He can also reach the top of Moray Towers from the bottom section.

You're welcome.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Still not expecting Smash...

Though something like maybe a Xenoblade Warriors game would be pretty sweet for sure.
Still hoping for not just Xenoblade Warriors, but XenoWarriors. Xenogears, Xenosaga, and Xenoblade all together.

Okay. You guys know I don’t think we’re getting any Capcom content in this pass, that being said....

It would be so cool to have Leon S. Kennedy with a Chris Redfield alt, and then an echo Fighter being Jill Valentine with a Claire Redfield alt.

D

Deleted member

I got a feeling :ultbanjokazooie: would release before this happens

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So who was it at Activision that green lit the designs of the babies?
Dey ugly
Woooooow bro. ;(

I imagine Wario Bros. going to a party and seeing someone's kid and being like, "Who conceived this monstrosity?" without any form of guilt. Lmao

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
Yeah, I wish so as well. The closest thing we got is some fantastic work by TylerZM, who along with HighCaliber, created these renders of the artwork from the mural to the best of their abilities. Since some characters are always overlapped, there are missing elements (unfortunately, King K Rool is among them), but they're really cool. I've tried to create some fan art using them, unfortunately because of the missing pieces, I still cannot get it the way I want it.
Damn, those are nice. Shame that K. Rool's is incomplete. After a decade of nothing, I'll take all the official material of him I can get.

Goes without saying I really want Banjo and Kazooie's as well.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ladies & Gentlemen.

We got 'em

Bernadetta & Marianne have both joined my chouse.

*cue fitting music here*
Eggman dance transparent.gif

Man, huge shout-out to BlueMonk BlueMonk , MasterOfKnees MasterOfKnees , Gentlepanda Gentlepanda & anyone I might have forget here, withotu you all, I mgiht have abandon the dream, but now, this thought will be only real in one of 1.405.644 realities.

Really, thank you all. :4kirby:

StormC

Smash Hero
Very few Dragon Ball characters have canon surnames. The "Briefs" surname is a dub invention, it's just the name of Bulma's father, Dr. Brief. Videl even points out that it's very rare for people to have last names.

Though I can't remember if this exchange is in the manga since most of the school stuff was added into the anime.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So who was it at Activision that green lit the designs of the babies?

Dey ugly
No one:
Literally no one:
Not a single soul:
Activision: "HERE GUYS HAVE BABY CRASH BANDICOOT AND CO."

Please for the love of everything never allow baby Spyro to become a thing...

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I agree. Not sure WHY they added Babies that haven't really been in the series *shruggs at Baby Daisy and Rosalina* sorrynotsorry
Baby Daisy is cute, so I'll give her a pass.

Baby Rosalina is okay too, but they kinda ruined some of the lore by keeping her hair a light blonde. She's supposed to be a redhead.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Okay, I know this is too big to ever happen, but this is the roster I've picked out for a Marvel vs. Capcom 4/5. I would appreciate suggestions for cuts or additions.

1. Iron Man
  2. The Hulk
  3. Thor
  4. Captain America
  5. Black Widow
  6. Hawkeye
  7. Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch
  8. The Vision
  9. Ant-Man and The Wasp
  10. Dr. Strange
  11. Black Panther
  12. Spider-Man
  13. Captain Marvel
  14. Wolverine
  15. Cyclops
  16. Storm
  17. Phoenix
  18. Deadpool
  19. The Fantastic Four
  20. Star-Lord
  21. Rocket Raccoon
  22. Black Bolt
  23. The Mandarin
  24. Loki
  25. Red Skull
  26. Magneto
  27. Juggernaut
  28. Thanos
  29. Ultron
  30. Green Goblin
  31. Dr. Octopus
  32. Venom
  33. Dr. Doom
  34. Dormammu
  35. Korvac
DLC
  1. Electro
  2. Ghost Rider
  3. Namor the Sub-Mariner
  4. Psylocke
  5. Wonder Man
  6. Blackheart
  7. Daredevil
  8. Baymax
  9. Shang Chi
  10. Sersi
  1. Mega Man
  2. Zero (Mega Man Zero)
  3. Sigma (Mega Man X)
  4. Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends)
  5. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  6. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
  7. M. Bison (Street Fighter)
  8. Akuma (Street Fighter)
  9. Juri Han (Street Fighter)
  10. Gill (Street Fighter)
  11. Mike Haggar (Final Fight)
  12. Guy & Cody (Final Fight)
  13. Sodom (Final Fight)
  14. Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
  15. Felicia (Darkstalkers)
  16. Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)
  17. Jedah Dohma (Darkstalkers)
  18. Strider Hiryu (Strider)
  19. Tong Pooh (Strider)
  20. Captain Commando
  21. Dante (Devil May Cry)
  22. Trish (Devil May Cry)
  23. Vergil (Devil May Cry)
  24. Lady (Devil May Cry)
  25. Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)
  26. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
  27. Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
  28. Nemesis T-Type (Resident Evil)
  29. Sir Arthur (Ghosts n Goblins)
  30. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  31. Huntsman (Monster Hunter World)
  32. Batsu Ichimonji (Rival Schools)
  33. Akira Kazama (Rival Schools)
  34. Leo (Red Earth)
  35. Tessa (Red Earth)
DLC
  1. Donovan Baine (Darkstalkers)
  2. Nero (Devil May Cry)
  3. Amaterasu (Okami)
  4. Viewtiful Joe
  5. Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)
  6. Super Ace
  7. Rouge (Power Stone)
  8. Oda Nobunaga (Sengoku Basara)
  9. Asura (Asura's Wrath)
  10. Nilin Cartier-Wells (Remember Me)

D

Deleted member

Vegeta is technically Vegeta Briefs if I had to guess but that's just weird, man.
Briefs was Bulma's family name. I don't think the Saiyan race had last names, so after marriage, Bulma could keep her maiden name despite marriage or decide to just not have a maiden name. I don't think Vegeta would suddenly adopt a last name. His pride definitely wouldn't allow it; he'd probably just go 'Saiyans are a proud race of Warriors; we don't need last names!"

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Baby Rosalina is just uncomfortable. I'll be completely honest about that.
The one baby character I enjoy is Baby Luigi.

In double dash, my go-to team is Baby Luigi and Adult Luigi. Good times. I've always enjoyed their team, disregarding time paradoxes and everything. :p

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
How to significantly improve Mario Kart's roster:

Step 1: Remove literally every baby character that isn't Mario and maybe Luigi
Step 2: Remove Pink Gold Peach

And you're done.

MainJPW

M.T.A
Briefs was Bulma's family name. I don't think the Saiyan race had last names, so after marriage, Bulma could keep her maiden name despite marriage or decide to just not have a maiden name. I don't think Vegeta would suddenly adopt a last name. His pride definitely wouldn't allow it; he'd probably just go 'Saiyans are a proud race of Warriors; we don't need last names!"
Again, Brief is not a surname; that's simply the name of Dr. Brief.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom