• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
How to significantly improve Mario Kart's roster:

Step 1: Remove literally every baby character that isn't Mario and maybe Luigi
Step 2: Remove Pink Gold Peach

And you're done.
Baby Mario, Luigi and Peach are canon to the Mario series. There is no reason to remove either of them.

The others, especially PGP, understandable.

Edit: Well I guess scientifically speaking, all of the babies are "canon" but you know what I mean.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
How to significantly improve Mario Kart's roster:

Step 1: Remove literally every baby character that isn't Mario and maybe Luigi
Step 2: Remove Pink Gold Peach

And you're done.
The babies are fine. Just stop giving us a gazillion variations of Mario and Peach, then add back Diddy and Funky and Honey Queen.

And while they're at it, might as well add Kirby on a Warpstar as a new character.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The roster is honestly fine. I just don't like the "power up" characters, like Cat Peach, etc..

Who I would remove: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Metal/Gold Mario, Pink Gold Peach,

Replaced With: Hammer Bro, Diddy Kong, Funky Kong and Kirby

SERIOUSLY, WHY IS KIRBY NOT IN THIS? IS AIR RIDE FORGOTTEN?! Jesus.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I don't get why King Boo is just a big boo with a crown in the sports games despite him being a unique boo in Luigi's Mansion/his debut.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well ****... mynintedo account linked with heroes wasn’t setup right and now I can’t get my free byletth in heroes. Damn I wanted them. Guess I could hope to pull them while going for sothis. at least 3 houses is still good so far

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
when you realise you've been playing three houses for almost a week straight

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Okay, I know this is too big to ever happen, but this is the roster I've picked out for a Marvel vs. Capcom 4/5. I would appreciate suggestions for cuts or additions.

1. Iron Man
  2. The Hulk
  3. Thor
  4. Captain America
  5. Black Widow
  6. Hawkeye
  7. Quicksilver & Scarlet Witch
  8. The Vision
  9. Ant-Man and The Wasp
  10. Dr. Strange
  11. Black Panther
  12. Spider-Man
  13. Captain Marvel
  14. Wolverine
  15. Cyclops
  16. Storm
  17. Phoenix
  18. Deadpool
  19. The Fantastic Four
  20. Star-Lord
  21. Rocket Raccoon
  22. Black Bolt
  23. The Mandarin
  24. Loki
  25. Red Skull
  26. Magneto
  27. Juggernaut
  28. Thanos
  29. Ultron
  30. Green Goblin
  31. Dr. Octopus
  32. Venom
  33. Dr. Doom
  34. Dormammu
  35. Korvac
DLC
  1. Electro
  2. Ghost Rider
  3. Namor the Sub-Mariner
  4. Psylocke
  5. Wonder Man
  6. Blackheart
  7. Daredevil
  8. Baymax
  9. Shang Chi
  10. Sersi
  1. Mega Man
  2. Zero (Mega Man Zero)
  3. Sigma (Mega Man X)
  4. Tron Bonne (Mega Man Legends)
  5. Ryu (Street Fighter)
  6. Chun-Li (Street Fighter)
  7. M. Bison (Street Fighter)
  8. Akuma (Street Fighter)
  9. Juri Han (Street Fighter)
  10. Gill (Street Fighter)
  11. Mike Haggar (Final Fight)
  12. Guy & Cody (Final Fight)
  13. Sodom (Final Fight)
  14. Morrigan Aensland (Darkstalkers)
  15. Felicia (Darkstalkers)
  16. Jon Talbain (Darkstalkers)
  17. Jedah Dohma (Darkstalkers)
  18. Strider Hiryu (Strider)
  19. Tong Pooh (Strider)
  20. Captain Commando
  21. Dante (Devil May Cry)
  22. Trish (Devil May Cry)
  23. Vergil (Devil May Cry)
  24. Lady (Devil May Cry)
  25. Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil)
  26. Jill Valentine (Resident Evil)
  27. Albert Wesker (Resident Evil)
  28. Nemesis T-Type (Resident Evil)
  29. Sir Arthur (Ghosts n Goblins)
  30. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney)
  31. Huntsman (Monster Hunter World)
  32. Batsu Ichimonji (Rival Schools)
  33. Akira Kazama (Rival Schools)
  34. Leo (Red Earth)
  35. Tessa (Red Earth)
DLC
  1. Donovan Baine (Darkstalkers)
  2. Nero (Devil May Cry)
  3. Amaterasu (Okami)
  4. Viewtiful Joe
  5. Franziska von Karma (Ace Attorney)
  6. Super Ace
  7. Rouge (Power Stone)
  8. Oda Nobunaga (Sengoku Basara)
  9. Asura (Asura's Wrath)
  10. Nilin Cartier-Wells (Remember Me)
Not bad

I especially love some of the out there picks

Keep forgetting Big Hero 6 was a Marvel property before Disney decided to very loosely "adapt" it, so seeing Baymax listed is a pretty nice surprise

And nice to see some love for Power Stone and Rival Schools on the Capcom side of things.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The roster is honestly fine. I just don't like the "power up" characters, like Cat Peach, etc..

Who I would remove: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Metal/Gold Mario, Pink Gold Peach,

Replaced With: Hammer Bro, Diddy Kong, Funky Kong and Kirby

SERIOUSLY, WHY IS KIRBY NOT IN THIS? IS AIR RIDE FORGOTTEN?! Jesus.
I'd personally keep Metal Mario separate, he's like a rival to normal Mario thanks to Smash 64 and spinoffs previous to Mario Kart 8.

The rest can just be alts. of the base characters, though, they don't need to be separate. Add Kirby and Captain Falcon, add Ness, add Geno, Mallow, and Boshi, add King K. Rool...

I guess Pink Gold Peach could be like Metal Mario, but eh, Metal Mario can be on his own, a mysterious rival born of sentient metal caps...

Probably because he isn't an EAD character. HAL has co-ownership of the character and series.
He still got a mii suit when using the amiibo.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I didn't forget him, I've just accepted that Nintendo has staplizied the meme that he will never appear outside of Smash Bros.

Its hurts less that way.
there is literally an f-zero track in the game

it's never impossible

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
For me, I'd keep the two metals. I felt this way mainly since Mario Party 2 did it way beforehand, and it's too common in Smash we do have an actual Metal Peach in some way. At most, I would be okay with another Metal if they can figure out a fun color(like for Luigi). Pink Gold is already close enough to Gold, plus, did I just see a Gold Mario skin for Metal Mario? Cause that already makes it harder to give Luigi a Gold version. Could do something like Emerald Green Luigi to make it more unique? However, the other power-ups(like Cat Peach) I'd move away for stuff like Diddy and Bowser Jr.

I'd keep Baby Luigi, Mario Mario, and Baby Peach. Though any from Yoshi's Island sound kind of neat to put in. Or in general, DK Jr. would be a fun addition.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not bad

I especially love some of the out there picks

Keep forgetting Big Hero 6 was a Marvel property before Disney decided to very loosely "adapt" it, so seeing Baymax listed is a pretty nice surprise

And nice to see some love for Power Stone and Rival Schools on the Capcom side of things.
Thanks. Here’s something else I posted in the old social that relates to the roster and a plot for the game.

Just a little something I've got cooking on the back burner. I'm sure you can figure out what it's about.

Long ago, before time began, there existed a race of cosmic entities. These creatures played with reality like sculpting clay, and they existed in total harmony with each other and the world around them. Then one day, they were destroyed, by a great cosmic force of entropy known as Abyss. It slaughtered them, leaving chaos and discord in its wake. A seething mass of primordial soup. From this soup, the multiverse was borne. Each entity formed into a distinct set of six gems, and each set of gems formed a unique universe around them. This is how the multiverse was formed. And this is the story, of a particularly interesting set of gems.

Our story begins long ago, but not quite as long ago as the celestials, on the planet Earth. More accurately, below it. Unlike other realities, the world of demons was just as vast and diverse as the mortal realm above. Entire ecosystems of strange and bizarre non-life, granting rise to whole civilizations. Forming directly around the Soul Stone itself. How it got there, no one knows. It was housed in a sacred temple at the center of the underworld’s capital, Makai. One day, a powerful demon lord named Gouki ransacked Makai, and attempted to harness the power of the stone. But when he grabbed it off of the sacred pillar, his mind was flooded with visions. There were more stones. Five more. Gouki sought to control these stones as well. His blacksmiths forged a sword that would allow him to harness the power of the stones. Using black magic and all the strength of his will, Gouki summoned the stones to him across the Cosmos. For years he wielded this blade, wreaking havoc across the underworld. Before his tyranny was ended by a young demon named Mundas, the first true king of the underworld. Gouki’s rage would not leave this world. It still persists on earth and in hell, empowering those with the unstoppable desire to kill. The Satsui no Hado.

Mundas would wield this sword for thousands of years, building an empire in the ruins of Gouki’s destruction. He ruled hell and earth with an iron fist. He then turned his mind to conquest, he sought to cement his rule by conquering the last remaining demon city, the holy land of Makai. This act turned Mundas’s general Sparda against him. In a fit of rage Sparda stole the Infinity Sword away from Mundas. With is he created two magical blades, the Rebellion and the Yamato, and sealed Makai away from the rest of the demon world with a swirling vortex of energy. Sparda then scattered the 5 other stones, leaving the souls stone in the sword’s hilt and plunging it into the heart of the Makai temple, transforming the sacred sight into what is know known as the Fetus of the God. Sparda would go on to dedicate his life to purging the world of Mundas’s evil, but that’s another story.

Almost completely cut off from hell, the stones each settled in a random area of the planet earth. Still aware of these legends, some of these stones were sought by powerful rulers and wizards, wanting to consolidate their power, one such item forged from the stones was the Goddess Bracelet, wielded by the ruler of a kingdom whose name has been lost to time. The bracelet was given to the lands chosen champion by Princess Guinevere to aid in his numerous battles against the invasions from Makai. Until one day when this warrior disappeared, and took the bracelet with him.

The power stone came into the possession of an ancient Egyptian pharaoh, who used its abilities to enhance himself and his allies. These super rulers created a secret society, dedicated to manipulating and shaping human society in their favor. The stone is still used to enhance their leaders to this day, granting them extraordinary, if contradictory, abilities.

They say that, if a ruler has complete dominance over his people, the Mind Stone is to blame. Passed from ruler to ruler and dictator to dictator, it ensured the total domination of several dictators and warlords. After being lost at the end of the battle of Waterloo, The Mind Stone became a sacred heirloom of the Spencer family, passed down through the generations, its new lead casing preventing the stones energy from effecting those around it. The stories of its abilities and accomplishments chalked up to legend and myth, abandoned as another lost treasure of the Spencer Mansion. Until one day, a group of police officers from Raccoon City became trapped in the long-abandoned house, now filled with the walking dead. One officer, who worked for the globe spanning Umbrella Corporation, knew of these legends and decided to put them to the test. Wrenching the jewel free from it’s setting, Wesker was able to control the minds of the zombies around him. Knowing this would be vital to his quest for global power, he pocketed the stone. Now, long after the tragic events of the Raccoon City Incident, he has returned to the NEST to finish what he started years ago, with a little help from his new friends.

The reality stone was unique in its choice of hiding place. It hid itself in a unique sort of “counter-earth”, creating a kind of pocket dimension. In this place, magic and monsters ran rampant, drastically altering the course of human existence. The humans of the medieval period hunted large monsters and dragons for sport. Modern humanity never existed, it could never exist. The creatures on this planet live in a perpetual primal war against the monsters on their Red Earth. If the Reality Stone were ever removed, this world would collapse, along with anyone still inside.

The final stone, the time stone, hid itself on earth’s moon. It remained there undisturbed, until it was discovered by a crippled and dyeing Reploid named Sigma in the year 21XX. But that’s a story for another time……

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Can i say that r/SmashBros is just Hero salt rn and it's absolutely hilarious?
I don't even know why people are getting so salty over this guy. I haven't really had any problems fighting him.

He's fun in casual play, but he's really inconsistent competitively. Luck and fast-thinking plays a huge part with Hero, and if both of those factors aren't on your side, you're in for a tough fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom