• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Can we ban matpat talk please? I’m sick of having to defend him from people because for whatever reason the internet thinks he’s Satan. It just makes me angry to see stuff like this. And I don’t want to be angry right now.
Mate, let me tell you something.

Never, ever try to defend what you love on the Internet.

Is just not worth it. To them you’re already stupid for liking something they don’t, and you can’t change their minds.

Like what you like, and leave it at that.

Iridium

Smash Hero
It's over

https://www.ssbwiki.com/Spring_2019_PGRU

The first ever Smash Ultimate Global Power rankings have been released. And I can say... I'm pleased with the list overall. Very nicely organized.
Main thing that stuck out was Light at 10th, but he did start to drop off near the end of the season, so I can understand it. He was borderline top 5 at the start.

I kinda just realized this when messing around with Hero in Training mode, but when you commit Kamikaze, your opponent will actually look terrified back at you.
I should have taken a screenshot when Bowser showed the perfect reaction and pose at the right time when I found out about this, heh.
You can also apparently tech it like it's nothing.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So did those Pokemon Masters datamines also confirm that all 800+ pokemon are going to be in the base game?

Because I kind of doubt they will.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So did those Pokemon Masters datamines also confirm that all 800+ pokemon are going to be in the base game?

If they are people will lose their **** like never before.

“Man, a stupid mobile cash grab can store 800 Pokémon but not Sword and Shield?!”

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

It's a gacha game, right?

I'm honestly amazed Pokemon's never tried the gacha **** before.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I dont understand a single thing this tweet said
When the screen starts to freeze before the explosion, just press the shield button to tech and intimidate your opponent. Probably limited in what percents you can do it.

They should be doing gambling again instead.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Yes, its confirmed to br a gacha at this point. And pokemon x gacha is probably the evilest combination I can imagine - and adding trainers as a focus adds a level of genius to that evil.

I can't wait to see them milk seasonal Cynthia alts for all they're worth before they even consider adding a Sigilyth or Quilfish trainer.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I can't wait to see them milk seasonal Cynthia alts for all they're worth before they even consider adding a Sigilyth or Quilfish trainer.
Fire Emblem Heroes: "Why does Camilla get 7 Alts in 2.5 Years?!
Pokemon Masters: *looks at Cynthia* "Hold my MooMoo Milk."

There's no way they aren't going to do a ton of Cynthia alts, with how frickin' popular she is.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Yes, its confirmed to br a gacha at this point. And pokemon x gacha is probably the evilest combination I can imagine - and adding trainers as a focus adds some genius to that evil.

Okay but if they want to print money hear me out.

Gen6 Hex Maniac.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Fire Emblem Heroes: "Why does Camilla get 7 Alts in 2.5 Years?!
Pokemon Masters: *looks at Cynthia* "Hold my MooMoo Milk."

There's no way they aren't going to do a ton of Cynthia alts, with how frickin' popular she is.
Yeah I saw the original promo art for FE:Heroes today and remembered that they were pushing Camilla so hard.

Ah yes, the three new Heroes characters, the most important character from every international FE release, the fan favorite character from the first ever Western FE release, annnnnd... the one from Fates with the chest.

Troykv

Smash Master
Yeah I saw the original promo art for FE:Heroes today and remembered that they were pushing Camilla so hard.

Ah yes, the three new Heroes characters, the most important character from every international FE release, the fan favorite character from the first ever Western FE release, annnnnd... the one from Fates with the chest.
There is also Takumi which I'm not sure why it's him here. But the rest it's easy to understand.

___

So... how are you feeling Hero after having a day of play?

Ban or not ban?

Striga

Smash Journeyman

Ban or not ban?
I like Hero. As far as 3rd party characters in Smash go, he’s in the top 5 currently. I don’t care if he gets banned from competitive play because I do not play Smash competitively.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
There is also Takumi which I'm not sure why it's him here. But the rest it's easy to understand.

___

Ban or not ban?
One if the most fun characters I have ever played. I don't think they can top him in Creativity at all for future DLC.

As for banning him, no. He has wack normals, like, some are fast, while a lot of them are slow, and his main priority is his specials. No reason to ban him.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Most likely to represent Birthright and the fact that he is the most popular Birthright Male(and possibly the most popular Birthright character). When IS did a popularity poll for Fates in Japan, Takumi was the 3rd Most Popular Male behind Leo and Xander.
And it still persists in the Choose Your Legend Polls, as Takumi was 9th on the first one, 8th on the 2nd one and 11th on the 3rd Poll, with him being the most popular out of all the Birthright characters. So yeah, Takumi is pretty much the most popular Birthright character, so it would make sense to use him to represent Birthright.

I'm assuming that if Takumi is representing Birthright for being the most popular Birthright character, Camilla is representing Conquest, as she is very clearly the most popular character from Conquest and quite possibly the most popular Fates character overall(and as the amount of artwork shows).

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Btw, Ninty actually did something good with their online service.

Those who have NSO get Mario Tennis Aces free for a week, and if you enjoyed it, you can buy it off the E-Shop for 30% of for almost the entire month of August.

So I hear it's like the Free Weekend that other companies do, only instead it's an entire week.

For those in Japan, you get Captain Toad instead.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Those who have NSO get Mario Tennis Aces free for a week, and if you enjoyed it, you can buy it off the E-Shop for 30% of for almost the entire month of August.

So I hear it's like the Free Weekend that other companies do, only instead it's an entire week.

Nice. Bout time they make good use to the service.

But I'll wait for a different game.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Me, a guy who uses the Nintendo Switch Online Service:
B5D429D4-DD7B-4847-B543-4B3A3B39B94A.png

Striga

Smash Journeyman
So, I’m going through Dragon Quest IV right now. It’s actually surprisingly good! I like how the game has you play as the different party characters in the beginning. Really fleshes out the writing IMO.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130

Nice - I've been wanting to get Mario Tennis Aces for a while but have been waiting until it was put on sale - and now we've got the added benefit of being able to try it for a week to decide if we like it or not

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

About ****ing time.

Should I give it a whirl, guys? I'm asking, just in case it's not worth the download time.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
About ****ing time.

Should I give it a whirl, guys? I'm asking, just in case it's not worth the download time.
Nintendo Switch Online has been pretty good for me. Mostly stable connections, free retro titles, and now, limited time titles. And it’s all for a good price.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Leaving to see Hobbs & Shaw in little over an half hour. I'm really excited as I was when I going to see Godzilla 2 a few months back! :grin:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
It's officially Spider-Man day today.

Spider-Man Bagley 1.jpg

Remember to use your Great Power Responsibly and "Do Your Job"!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom