• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
this is what happens when you spend so long demanding that your Hero has gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
this is what happens when you spend so long demanding that your Hero has gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and he's gotta be fresh from the fight
could they ask him to be fast

all of his non-smash attacks are slow as ****

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
when you realise you've been playing three houses for almost a week straight

Xenoblade 2 stolen my life. (600~ hours at least)

Now, Three Houses is going to steal my soul.

But hey, atleast we have tea time, right?:4pacman:

D

Deleted member

Xenoblade 2 stolen my life. (600~ hours at least)

Now, Three Houses is going to steal my soul.

But hey, atleast we have tea time, right?:4pacman:
Three Houses wants to steal your soul, and it distracts you with tea time.

All according to plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

could they ask him to be fast

all of his non-smash attacks are slow as ****
I'm fine with his normals being not great because his specials are ****in bonkers and that's probably what they were going for. If he had decent frame data he would be an actual nightmare.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
dawg it hasnt even been more than a week and now im seeing "THE BEST HERO GUIDE!!!" even though he's just a newborn

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Three Houses wants to steal your soul, and it distracts you with tea time.

All according to plan.
They are stealing my soul by making me british.

Btw, if you're british and you read this, nothing against you, but good FE LORD, WHY IS TEA TIME SO HARD?!?!

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
This is pretty funny. Not every character needs to be geared toward the competitive community. Not everything is about the competitive side of Smash.
He's probably going to be a bigger problem for casual players than competitive ones in the long run, competitive players eventually learn and adapt, but casuals will continue to struggle as they don't go into the nitty gritty. Moves like Magic Burst, Whack, Kaboom and Kazap (I love these names) are so incredibly punishing to players who don't prepare themselves for them, it's part of the reason why so many are so salty about him now, we're in a period where nobody has had time to adapt to him, but eventually the competitive players will while the casuals won't, because they don't really read up on the game, they just want to sit down and have some fun, and Hero has a lot of stuff that's not so fun to come up against.

I'm absolutely certain he's going to get the Little Mac/K. Rool treatment at some point and get some serious nerfs, and not because he'll do well at tournaments, but because he's going to be problematic online.

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
because tea time is a complex art that demands only the finest etiquette, smalltalk, and subtle passive-aggressiveness
Okay then explain to me why "nod" ruins everything beyond repair and "sip tea" makes them adore the ground upon which you walk.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
The roster is honestly fine. I just don't like the "power up" characters, like Cat Peach, etc..

Who I would remove: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Metal/Gold Mario, Pink Gold Peach,

Replaced With: Hammer Bro, Diddy Kong, Funky Kong and Kirby

SERIOUSLY, WHY IS KIRBY NOT IN THIS? IS AIR RIDE FORGOTTEN?! Jesus.
I wouldn't remove the powerup characters, I would just make them what they should have been from the beginning, selectable costumes like the Yoshis and Shy Guys.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Okay then explain to me why "nod" ruins everything beyond repair and "sip tea" makes them adore the ground upon which you walk.
Finally someone who understand my pain.

Tea Time is like the final episode of Evangelion or some ****, it's draining to get a answer wrong, especially when there is no reason for it to be wrong.

****ING TEA.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
K. Rool may not be a good character but I've stuck with him through thick and thin and have no reason to drop him as of yet. Hopefully he'll get some buffs when Banjo comes but I'm still out there kicking arse and taking names with the character I voted for in the Smash Ballot. Feel pretty happy about that.

D

Deleted member

Heyo, fellas. So, with Blender's newest, (AND BY THE WAY ACTUALLY AMAZING) update, I decided it would be a good time to try my hand at a short film. Currently modelling the main character.

1564687619089.png

So, I want to know, what do you guys think makes a good short film?

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Heyo, fellas. So, with Blender's newest, (AND BY THE WAY ACTUALLY AMAZING) update, I decided it would be a good time to try my hand at a short film. Currently modelling the main character.

So, I want to know, what do you guys think makes a good short film?
It's a short film, so make sure the story isn't too complicated. Keep things simple, yet enjoyable. Make the storyline heartfelt and straightforward with very likable and well-developed characters. And, with story: remember to show, don't tell. You can still have dialogue, but try to limit exposition dump as much as possible.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
The roster is honestly fine. I just don't like the "power up" characters, like Cat Peach, etc..

Who I would remove: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Metal/Gold Mario, Pink Gold Peach,

Replaced With: Hammer Bro, Diddy Kong, Funky Kong and Kirby

SERIOUSLY, WHY IS KIRBY NOT IN THIS? IS AIR RIDE FORGOTTEN?! Jesus.
Captain Falcon will never be in a racing game again.
You'll never drift on these hoes with Samus Aran.
You'll never get to play as Fox or Falco after they become G-Zero racers.
Diddy's not coming back.
Baby Waluigi will rule the meta of Mario Kart 9.

c63.png

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
According to datamines:
Red has 3 alt outfits
Cynthia has a dress that is based off Kommo-o
Blue has a Denim vest outfit
The XY Chef guy from the E4 has plaid outfit
The Team Rocket Admins have files
Cheren and Misty have alt outfits based of previous game appearances
some pokemons are going to have alt clothes too
ASH GRENINJA from the anime is in the files as a NPC not a pokemon
Leaf found in files too

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I kinda just realized this when messing around with Hero in Training mode, but when you commit Kamikaze, your opponent will actually look terrified back at you.
I should have taken a screenshot when Bowser showed the perfect reaction and pose at the right time when I found out about this, heh.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

>use the cute tomboy rival for a new mobile game but a not mainline game

keep loosing SWSH
While I do like her design, I also like having a rival who's the younger brother of the region's Champion. Living up to his big brother's name gives Hop another reason to want to be better than the protagonist.

wait so the hero just pops up in the middle of a video and swings a sword?

****ing lame
Sakurai had to use a video because SE wouldn't allow him to use the unique character models.

They also didn't allow him to take lunch breaks either.

Shroob

Sup?
Can we ban matpat talk please? I’m sick of having to defend him from people because for whatever reason the internet thinks he’s Satan. It just makes me angry to see stuff like this. And I don’t want to be angry right now.
Why do you feel the need to defend a guy who makes enough that he can live comfortably in an incredibly fancy house in California?

I don't think he's satan but I also don't think he does what he does because he actually loves his job, good lord the Hollow Knight community put over several hour long videos debunking him for instance because they were soo afraid that newbies would use his video as a basis for the lore.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom