• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
hard mode was definitely the most balanced difficulty for awakening and so the mentality's stuck

though personally i always play hard anyway because normal tends to drop off in difficulty towards the end whereas hard stays consistent
I was getting steamrolled yesterday on hard mode on an early battle that I can not say. Enemies where hitting like trucks driving at 200mph

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I was getting steamrolled yesterday on hard mode on an early battle that I can not say. Enemies where hitting like trucks driving at 200mph
hard is a lot less forgiving in TH than the 3DS games--i got through edelgard's route and its gruelling last two maps by relying almost entirely on the enemies' target indicator

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
MatPat gave the Pope a video game. The fact anyone gave a 80 or 90 year old man a video game bewilder me, never mind such a public figure.

Otherwise his videos used to be a decent watch, but now he seems to be a parody of himself and often misses the mark completely that make his theories boring as a result.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
MatPat gave the Pope a video game. The fact anyone gave a 80 or 90 year old man a video game bewilder me, never mind such a public figure.

Otherwise his videos used to be a decent watch, but now he seems to be a parody of himself and often misses the mark completely that make his theories boring as a result.
I disagree, but what can you do? I think they’re still fun to watch most of the time. Film Theory is where I tend to have the most problems tbh. Especially since he puts all his stalk there in predicting the events of sequels and those are so easily disprovable. But unlike his gaming content which can be “easily disproved” you still have to do research and and know obscure franchise details to do it. To disprove his sequel prediction theories all you have to do is... watch the sequel.

Also. The gesture was more about what the game symbolizes to everyone else than the pope playing a video game (which he said he knew the pope would never play). It was the pope’s year of mercy, and the way MatPat saw it, Undertale was kind of uniting gaming under the idea of mercy, I remember for a long time people were obsessed with doing pacifist runs in games where that wasn’t even a mechanic, just because of Undertale. The gesture was symbolic, not literally “I like this game let me share it with everyone”. But people for whatever reason choose to see him explaining himself to try to get people to lay off of him as wining and making excuses. It’s just not right.

Plus, it was a better gift than an illegal tree or a YouTubers book about themselves (two other things the pope received on that same meeting).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Looks like datamining is under way. No news of Banjo’s potential codename or anything else yet though

i wonder if hypercake will find the .avi file used in Hero’s FS lul... Joker’s FS had models of the random party members show up but this is straight up pre rendered

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Working on completing World of Light 100%

Here are the characters that still need rescued. I'm almost done, but the following still need to be saved:

:ultluigi::ultdaisy::ultlucina::ultmewtwo::ultrob::ultrosalina::ultrobin::ultken::ultcorrinf::ultridley::ultrichter::ultkrool::ultincineroar::ultbrawler:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I disagree, but what can you do? I think they’re still fun to watch most of the time. Film Theory is where I tend to have the most problems tbh. Especially since he puts all his stalk there in predicting the events of sequels and those are so easily disprovable. But unlike his gaming content which can be “easily disproved” you still have to do research and and know obscure franchise details to do it. To disprove his sequel prediction theories all you have to do is... watch the sequel.

Also. The gesture was more about what the game symbolizes to everyone else than the pope playing a video game (which he said he knew the pope would never play). It was the pope’s year of mercy, and the way MatPat saw it, Undertale was kind of uniting gaming under the idea of mercy, I remember for a long time people were obsessed with doing pacifist runs in games where that wasn’t even a mechanic, just because of Undertale. The gesture was symbolic, not literally “I like this game let me share it with everyone”. But people for whatever reason choose to see him explaining himself to try to get people to lay off of him as wining and making excuses. It’s just not right.

Plus, it was a better gift than an illegal tree or a YouTubers book about themselves (two other things the pope received on that same meeting).
I think a lot of people misunderstand Game Theory--for him it's about the journey, not the destination. With that in mind, it doesn't matter if his theories end up being proven wrong--it's about the research, the lore, and ultimately, just a way to talk about games along with his other nerdy interests. It has changed, though, since he made it big and got more into YouTube analytics, trying to sustain his business model. It's no longer "just some guy on the internet", and that's the part I miss.

My only big criticism of Game Theory is that they are Game Hypotheses, and he rarely covers the mathematics of decision making. :p

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think a lot of people misunderstand Game Theory--for him it's about the journey, not the destination. With that in mind, it doesn't matter if his theories end up being proven wrong--it's about the research, the lore, and ultimately, just a way to talk about games along with his other nerdy interests. It has changed, though, since he made it big and got more into YouTube analytics, trying to sustain his business model. It's no longer "just some guy on the internet", and that's the part I miss.

My only big criticism of Game Theory is that they are Game Hypotheses, and he rarely covers the mathematics of decision making. :p
I understand that and I wish it got more emphasis. I actually thought him being filmed instead of vo and edited pictures would bring this element back. But so far it hasn’t

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Saved a couple more in WOL.

Here's all that remain

Dark world, mystery section: :ultluigi::ultmewtwo::ultrob::ultkrool:
Dark world, Dracula's castle section: :ultdaisy::ultrobin::ultken::ultridley::ultrichter:
Dark world, Hyrule section: :ultbrawler:

10 characters remain

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was a fool to not expect Activision to start interfering and enact some of their business practices on poor old Crash.
It's no big deal. The grind rate will not be adjusted at all and all this is is speeding up the process of getting coins for people who want to. They need to do something to monetize it so they can keep doing those free grand prixs.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Finished playing my first run of Fire Emblem Three Houses following Edelgard in Black Eagles.

The game is great overall. The supports in general just seem better than what I can I remember from others I've played. Even characters I didn't find interesting going in grew on me. Not all supports are stellar to be sure, but still they felt pretty solid.
Dorothea is perhaps the most notable case. Definitely fanservice but there's layers beneath that and she has genuine interactions that aren't just flirting. Ferdinand, and Casper were better than expected, although their initial support together is mind numbingly dumb lol.
Petra is wholesome but unfortunately the language barrier is her main "personality trait", so much so that they even kept it inexplicably after the time skip. Linhardt is great. He flirts with several of the characters which I was not expecting from him. Unfortunately as a unit I didn't know what to do with him towards the end. He existed only to cast Physic for the most part.
Hubert might be my favorite of them all, his voice acting and behavior is just awesome. Kinda went in expecting to like him based on his profile. His post-game story bit I thought really stuck out too. Dorothea as well.

Married Bernedetta at the end because I had planned to before I even started. She is at times over-the-top and repetitious, but other times adorable, funny, or simply genuine. Overall don't regret focusing on her. Bow Knight + Brave Bow is pretty strong.

The first half was definitely stronger than the second, like there's just more going on at the start. Towards the end there were several months where I basically just awaited the end. Felt like not as much time and work was put into this section. Hell even the moments leading up to the time skip were kind of just tossed in oh, suddenly years have gone by and now here you are again, no big deal. Maybe it's different in other routes.

Thoughts on the route itself:
Had a lot of mixed feelings sticking with Edelgard. Not only is the Flame Emperor stuff REALLY messed up (imo it should have been Hubert, spread the messy actions around and it fits his profile), but we go on to killing basically everyone in order to try and abolish a system of values around crests, and while I agree with her sentiments, the means flat out do not justify her actions--the exact definition of a villain. Even with a united Fodlan and defeated Church, the nobility won't change over night and will resist having power taken from them, and people sure as hell won't forget the lives lost in the war--and as we all know, resentment passes down generations. You can't take short-cuts with change. Change is slow, tedious, and difficult to maintain.

At any rate, still feel a bit lost on who Byleth really is, and not to mention what is going on with Those Who Slither in the Dark. It seems the game is built around the idea of playing all the routes to fill in the gaps, because one path alone feels a bit incomplete. I assume the last bit of DLC will be a route that ties all of it together at once and gives access to all units like Revelations from Fates.

ALSO! IF YOU WANT TO SPARE SOMEONE FROM DYING DURING THE WAR, BE SURE TO FIGHT THEM WITH BYLETH! And perhaps also the House leader?

Doing New Game + with Golden Deers now.
Renown Statue levels remain the same.
Can level supports previously unlocked. It only costs 800 to get a unit to Support Level B, which is enough to recruit them.
Can raise your professor level to the highest you had it. Very pricey, but worth the cost since you can spend the whole game with a ton of prep.
You can freely change units' appearances to their time skip look, which I've done because they pretty much all look better older.
You can raise skill levels previously unlocked on units as well, but ideally that won't be necessary with a high professor and upgraded statues.

Went with Female Byleth this time because Claude or Felix are the ones I have that I favor the most. Originally planned on going for Marianne here, due to her not being much different as a person from Bernie except without the risk of coming off as obnoxious. She is great and I used her a ton as a Holy Knight, but ironically her inoffensiveness in comparison causes her to not leave as much of an impression as Claude or Felix. Lysithea was a contender too, and as a Gremory she is awesome, but my reasoning is too shallow--I just think pure white hair looks cool in games lol.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

JOHNNY THUNDER IS BACK CONTRERAS!!!!
71025-11.jpg

HE IS PART OF THE UPCOMING LEGO CMF SERIES!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
ELMA GANG RISE UP
Around last November, Caitlin Glass (Elma’s VO) announced she had a NDA role that required an audition with a character she once voiced as reference. Two days ago, Adam Howden (Shulk’s VO) announced he too has an NDA role, and the only other time he’s teased such a role previously was before his Smash 4 Shulk reveal. It’s therefore likely Howden and Glass are working on the same thing - something Xenoblade related with both Shulk and Elma. X part 2 (as the Shulk voice was an option for the player avatar)? Xenoblade Warriors?

Whatever it is it would segue perfectly into an Elma Smash reveal, esp since X2 or Xenoblade Warriors could also be the secret Hiroyuki Sawano composition project...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If it's both Shulk and Elma, then it sounds like something unrelated to Smash. My bet is on a new game if sorts getting revealed in the next month or so.
The Xenoblade project COULD be an incentive to include Elma in Smash as promotion, though

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
ELMA GANG RISE UP
Interested to see what Xenoblade content we get. If I had to guess it is a Warriors or mobile game.

Absolutely no chance it is Smash. The big brain to make Elma DLC but not Rex would be nonsensical, even by Nintendo standards. not to mention I would expect Rex in a new game involving Xenoblade characters.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
LOL That's what I thought at first, but trust me, it's not nearly as scary as you'd think. I'll try to put together something to show you how it works. :)
o3o Ohh, I would really like to see that!

It's because it's a new version, so I think it messed up and didn't import the textures. If you can send me the model and the textures, I can try to put it back for you!
:o It is actually a blend file sent to me by a friend, and it had everything on...I got a copy of the textures for reference, but they are kinda...messed up inside the folder because it has both Omega and Phazon Meta Ridley's textures. Do you think that if I send you that same Blender file nothing is gonna be missing for you to put them back into the model? If not, to look again how I got the copies and save them in order. :3 Thank you so much, Taylor!
@Noipoi AndreaAC AndreaAC (last tag i promise lol) Found this tutorial. It's in the alpha but it should stay the same. I hope this helps! :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pywbPQD9vYU
xD Don't worry about the tags, my friend! It's alright! :D Yet again, thank you so much!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

o3o Ohh, I would really like to see that!

:o It is actually a blend file sent to me by a friend, and it had everything on...I got a copy of the textures for reference, but they are kinda...messed up inside the folder because it has both Omega and Phazon Meta Ridley's textures. Do you think that if I send you that same Blender file it will have everything in it? If not, to look again how I got the copies and save them in order. :3 Thank you so much, Taylor!

xD Don't worry about the tags, my friend! It's alright! :D Yet again, thank you so much!
Anytime! Yeah, if you can PM me the .blend through dropbox or something I’ll see if I can convert it to 2.8. :)

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
****. I love Hero. I love getting Snooze followed by Magic Burst in the command menu. **** is so dirty.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Interested to see what Xenoblade content we get. If I had to guess it is a Warriors or mobile game.

Absolutely no chance it is Smash. The big brain to make Elma DLC but not Rex would be nonsensical, even by Nintendo standards. not to mention I would expect Rex in a new game involving Xenoblade characters.
Keep in mind however that X originally came out in 2015, the perfect timing window for Ultimate, while Rex (and Spring Man) were unfortunately too late. (Mind you also that Persona 5 was initially revealed in 2014 and merely got delayed until 2017, so Joker wouldn’t fall under the “too late” category.) That was emphasized with the reveal of Rex’s Mii Costume, I’d say.

Yeah Rex could be in a hypothetical Xenoblade Warriors, but I’ve given up on him appearing in Ultimate as playable.

And like I said - X2/Xenoblade Warriors could cause Elma to be included in Smash as a promotion incentive to that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom