• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Do you just keep all your posts on standby in case an opportunity to gloat appears?

That’s amazing
it's called the search function

unlike 99% of the website, i actually use it :secretkpop:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Man, I would love to see Edelgard in Smash.

But... Not as part of the Fighter Pass. I think the pass should stick to being exclusively popular third party choices. As much as I'm enjoying Three Houses, it would feel really lame to get a first party character after Joker, Hero, and Banjo. I really hope we get a second pass later for first party characters.

StormC

Smash Hero
Except, y'know

the part where "We've been advertising this game which marks are turning of one of our flagship franchises and are betting it won't fall out of relevancy anytime soon like Fates kind of did without Heroes."
That's a lot of hoops to jump through to justify something they only ever do for Pokemon, one of the biggest video game series of all time.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
N3ON N3ON @Onereasonanddone I think there will not be more fighers. For me the fact that they didn't do a season pass for this season means that they don't want to make 6 characters. The game didn't sells very well so that's already a good amounts of characters.

D

Deleted member

The image of Sakurai using fan-favourites to 'soften the blow' is funny to me.
"Damn, I really want to add Edelgard, but people are probably just gonna complain that it's not who they wanted. Ugh, fine, I guess I'll negotiate with foreign mega-corporation Microsoft to add fan-favourite Banjo, and I suppose I'll have to talk with Atlus to get complete surprise character Joker. Jeez, these guys are so lame, can't wait to work on DLC number four."

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
N3ON N3ON @Onereasonanddone I think there will not be more fighers. For me the fact that they didn't do a season pass for this season means that they don't want to make 6 characters. The game didn't sells very well so that's already a good amounts of characters.
for such a controversial (among the fanbase) game as SFV it sure did have a long DLC campaign...

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Man, I would love to see Edelgard in Smash.

But... Not as part of the Fighter Pass. I think the pass should stick to being exclusively popular third party choices. As much as I'm enjoying Three Houses, it would feel really lame to get a first party character after Joker, Hero, and Banjo. I really hope we get a second pass later for first party characters.
If there's a character you want, you'd better support them now instead of later. A second Fighter Pass is anything but confirmed, so if fighter #5 comes and goes without any announcements of more DLC, you can kiss Edelgard's chances goodbye. She'll be old news by Smash 6.

Personally, I don't really want any more third-parties. Yeah, they can be fun and exciting, but I've more than had my fill. I'd actually like for the last two spots to go back to first-party so the Nintendo fans have something too.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It all happened so fast, so maybe I did miss something; didnt seem like anything was hit though.

I've played through classic a few times with Hero (mostly using it as a way to get better with him since it scales in difficulty with each match) and there's been no time where any items spawned on that final battle.

It was just me and the Giant Charzizard, I used the command special, got Bounce off right before he used Flare Blitz. I heard the 'tink' sound of something being reflected off Bounce and Charizard fell over. It's not like we were off stage or anything; nor is there any other hazards for him to hit.

Maybe somebody can test this?

EDIT: Ok, I didnt realize I could control another player in Training.

A part of Flareblitz is reflected, but not all of it.

After testing it in Training Mode, it looks like after Reflection, Hero takes 7.2% (instead of a normal 28.8% if hit) and Charizard takes 39.6% (instead of the typical 6% of self-inflicted damage)
So that would mean the explosion is a projectile. Huh. And here I thought I knew all there was to know about Charizard.

This raises questions though. Can the explosion be pocketed, for instance? I'll have to lab this stuff out later.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Except, y'know

the part where "We've been advertising this game which marks are turning of one of our flagship franchises and are betting it won't fall out of relevancy anytime soon like Fates kind of did without Heroes."
So what are you expecting? If the character was chosen in this pass, it's still a promotional pick like Corrin, since the choice was made last year. By Smash 6, there will be new FE games. If there are characters past this pass, going promo will probably result in a character still in their promotional window being chosen, and going popular would probably result in a more popular character being chosen.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Finished with the first 7 episodes of Toradora.

I'm glad I chose the show. The two leads are already maturing, and the humor is top-notch. The pop culture references to Starbucks and Michael Jackson and stuff made me chuckle too haha.

Double K

Smash Lord
That's a lot of hoops to jump through to justify something they only ever do for Pokemon, one of the biggest video game series of all time.
Which wass't the point I'm going for. IF your argument is 'relevancy' then it's a pretty lame ass argument since again, it's extremely relevant from the business standpoint.

So what are you expecting?
KAZUMA KIRYU BABY

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
It's in the newest 2.8 version. (There'll be some very apparent differences, but the basis is the same. It's mostly layout stuff.) Click "New" and click "2D" and your ready to go!

2.8 just came out, so I reccomend waiting for a tutorial to ease you into it. :)
:D Let's check it out...!

*Opens Blender* *Prays that it doesn't do the No OpenGL bs* *Doesn't do that*...*Sees this*

window.jpg

:D....I'm scared...

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Maybe it was just me but I remeber seeing many people say Hard was thr true way to play FE

or maybe Im missremebering things lol
you might be thinking about casual vs classic, some people think that way but nowadays they tend to be the minority

most people think phoenix mode is awful though

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
KAZUMA KIRYU BABY
Some of these characters would be worth it if only for the Kirby hat

I'd also say he's been deconfirmed by his devs, but then people would yell Grant Kirkhope at me as if no one's ever told the truth.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Sad thing is, I feel like there are more people open to a Three Houses rep than there are people open to a SwSh character.

That hurts. It really does.

Maybe as more new Pokemon get revealed and we get closer to release, things will change. I just hope their reason behind not wanting a Gen 8 rep doesn't have anything to do with that National Dex nonsense. I'm tired of that bleeding into any conversation involving SwSh.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Some of these characters would be worth it if only for the Kirby hat

I'd also say he's been deconfirmed by his devs, but then people would yell Grant Kirkhope at me as if no one's ever told the truth.
Come on

1564622765037.png

You're gonna say no to this face?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Would Edelgard count as an advertisement character? Hasn't Three Houses been in development hell for years?

StormC

Smash Hero
Which wass't the point I'm going for. IF your argument is 'relevancy' then it's a pretty lame *** argument since again, it's extremely relevant from the business standpoint.
If that was the case, why not add a BOTW character ahead of time? Or a Xenoblade 2 character? Or ARMS? They don't do it because it's a risk. Game development constantly fluctuates and shifts and Three Houses was still a long way away when they were deciding DLC characters. They would have no idea if people would respond positively to the game, what was in the game, or if the game might be delayed (again). They actively have avoided doing it except in the case of Pokemon, which is about as close to a sure thing as you can get.

If we get additional DLC after the Fighters Pass, sure, they might add a Three Houses character. But the idea that they would add it pre-emptively to advertise a game that will have already been out for half a year by the time the fighter is released doesn't really ring true. The last two "advertisement" characters had their games released after their addition (Corrin and Luminary).

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I figured it out guys:
1564622971962.png

The hint is for the billy Hatcher remake that sega is making obviously.

Please sega...

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Sad thing is, I feel like there are more people open to a Three Houses rep than there are people open to a SwSh character.

That hurts. It really does.

Maybe as more new Pokemon get revealed and we get closer to release, things will change. I just hope their reason behind not wanting a Gen 8 rep doesn't have anything to do with that National Dex nonsense. I'm tired of that bleeding into any conversation involving SwSh.
Incineroar also got in with the base game, that's going to affect things. I'm honestly kind of Pokemon'd out when it comes to smash.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
The image was actually a starling on a roof.
maybe it's just starling

you got a good argument against that idea? better than every imaginary puzzle piece people are coming up with :secretkpop: starlings in smash baby

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom