• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I talked about this in the Geno thread but I heavily doubt it's Pokemon. He did a picture hint for the Pokemon Direct back in February for us but everyone in the group (especially him) has soured on Sword and Shield since. He seems to really hate the direction the games are going and we're either uninterested or flat out put off by them. If the enthusiasm was the same as it was back February, I'd totally see it but he kind of openly resents Sword and Shield and nobody in the Discord's really a big fan of them either.
Well, I have no idea what it could be then. If it's like you say, then he's not hinting at anything FE, Pokemon, or third-party, and personally, I think Geno doesn't make sense at all. There's dozens of characters besides Geno that could be hinted by a Starling, and I don't see why they'd leave out a Mii Costume but include a Spirit if he were playable.

I'm just gonna go with my best guesses. A reference to the Black Eagles or Corviknight.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I just discovered that there is actually a combat animation where Claude fires his bow while upside down during a flip, the box art is accurate

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So all we have to go on is one supposed leak that says Doomguy and Monster Hunter and a supposed clue that is Borb.

What fun!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Or it could be Velvet Crow. I'm still on team 2nd Namco rep. Weird choice honestly but cool enough.
This honestly wouldn’t shock me. It be weird but lines up with mii costume theory, and hell it could even fit the female fighter rumor. They would probably tone her look down but I could see her still get in due to popularity. Although I don’t get why it wouldn’t be llyold.
Regardless velvet would fit this picture as well as a big theory and one of the current standing rumors. It almost lines up very nice.

But I’m not convinced either way just intrigued in thinking about the possibilities

Shroob

Sup?
No one else realize how strange it is we didnt get 3 houses spirits added, yet let's go, super mario party and links awakening did?

Galactic think.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I still refuse to believe it would be Velvet Crowe.

That is such a "the ****" choice, especially due to how much censorship she would need.
When it comes to sex and violence in games, Japan is more conservative for the former than the latter which is the opposite here. DLC can also get away with this a little more here as well. They coan cover up a little bit for her outfit and they could probably get away with adding her.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
When it comes to sex and violence in games, Japan is more conservative for the former than the latter which is the opposite here. DLC can also get away with this a little more here as well. They coan cover up a little bit for her outfit and they could probably get away with adding her.
Are we forgetting how much Sakurai had to fight with Cero over Palutenas leg?

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
If Edelgard is the next FE DLC character, then I be upset, not because it be another FE character, because mah man Dimitri won't be the one to get his chance. :4chrom:
Dimitri? Pft.

The boy doesn't even know how to strain his spaghetti.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
This honestly wouldn’t shock me. It be weird but lines up with mii costume theory, and hell it could even fit the female fighter rumor. They would probably tone her look down but I could see her still get in due to popularity. Although I don’t get why it wouldn’t be llyold.
Regardless velvet would fit this picture as well as a big theory and one of the current standing rumors. It almost lines up very nice.

But I’m not convinced either way just intrigued in thinking about the possibilities
Wouldnt it be funny if this "female fighter" was Yuri Lowell and people mistook him for a girl

Bee Card

Smash Ace
Z25 Z25 I think that spirit deconfirm characters but just for season pass, and I think there's a chance that they do something like Street Fighter V and add one or two extra dlc characters (probably without stage like the piranha plant) so if they do that, for me Geno is likely. Sakurai said in the past that he wants to put the character in smash + there was that unique mii costume splash screen when they announce his costume in smash 4 (proving that the smash team is conscious that some smash fans want him). It can't be SE (they didn't care about Geno except that he can give them a little bit of money) so I think there's two options for his lack of costume now :

-They didn't have the time to put the costume
-They keep him just in case they add the real character.

I'm not saying that Geno will be in or will not be in fore sure, but the arguments that he had always works for a post season pass DLC (in my opinion)

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
No one else realize how strange it is we didnt get 3 houses spirits added, yet let's go, super mario party and links awakening did?

Galactic think.
To play devil's advocate for a second:

Let's Go, Mario Party and Link's Awakening don't have to worry about story spoilers.

Also Fire Emblem already had a spirit event so there's that.

Shroob

Sup?
To play devil's advocate for a second:

Let's Go, Mario Party and Link's Awakening don't have to worry about story spoilers.

Also Fire Emblem already had a spirit event so there's that.
I mean, if Edlegard does get in I'd expect her to be in her uhhhh.........kid(?) Version.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Dimitri? Pft.

The boy doesn't even know how to strain his spaghetti.
Papyrus.gif
: As a fan of spaghetti, I tell ya he probably know to make spaghetti better than some pro on the market!

That, and, you know.

His timeskip appareances pretty much remove the spaghetti hair to make place for his badass eyepatch.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Well, I have no idea what it could be then. If it's like you say, then he's not hinting at anything FE, Pokemon, or third-party, and personally, I think Geno doesn't make sense at all. There's dozens of characters besides Geno that could be hinted by a Starling, and I don't see why they'd leave out a Mii Costume but include a Spirit if he were playable.

I'm just gonna go with my best guesses. A reference to the Black Eagles or Corviknight.
Like I said, he seems to do hints for stuff we all like so I honestly wouldn't rule it out. I would say that, since joining the group 9 months ago, him, Banjo, and Crash were the most openly supported characters in the Discord. Also, yes, he did hint Banjo to us about two weeks before E3. Originally he did "puzzle witch" as a picture hint but Sabi was incredulous so I feel he decided to rub it in by then doing a picture hint of literally a bird and bear in the same frame. She still thought he was ****ing with her afterwards but everyone else kind of had a "holy ****, it's actually happening?!" kind of moment with it.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Gosh Hero is probably the most annoying to play against online.

Even if you are Hero.

Not the only time I was annoyed, but 2 Heroes were teaming from the start of a match in Free for All. Me and a Link realized this and tried to fight them but dang. The moves are so strong, too.

Then came across a Sonic in a team match; it's not bad that he was Sonic, but :GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCR::GCB::GCB::GCR::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB::GCB:

Hero is cool but please come soon Banjo-Kazooie, I'm losing my sanity.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
The idea of a Three Houses rep never crossed my mind until the black bird picture got dropped. If it's actually referencing Edelgard being a DLC fighter then I don't want to even imagine the salt and backlash from the community.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just really doubtful of a Direct this month.

Oh it definitely could happen, and by all means should happen to talk about the Switch mini and new switch battery, but

Would they? We've had a Direct for the last 6 years straight in September.

That and, if this is a hint to Smash, seems real odd they'd announce character 4 when 3 isn't even out yet.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Velvet Crow and Crash Bandicoot. I can't complain. Good choice.
Like I said, he seems to do hints for stuff we all like so I honestly wouldn't rule it out. I would say that, since joining the group 9 months ago, him, Banjo, and Crash were the most openly supported characters in the Discord. Also, yes, he did hint Banjo to us about two weeks before E3. Originally he did "puzzle witch" as a picture hint but Sabi was incredulous so I feel he decided to rub it in by then doing a picture hint of literally a bird and bear in the same frame. She still thought he was ****ing with her afterwards but everyone else kind of had a "holy ****, it's actually happening?!" kind of moment with it.
It's a possible addition to Smash Bros. That's why he would know.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The idea of a Three Houses rep never crossed my mind until the black bird picture got dropped. If it's actually referencing Edelgard being a DLC fighter then I don't want to even imagine the salt and backlash from the community.
Well Three Houses does have the advantage of being generally accepted by the Fire Emblem community. Fates had problems from day one.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I still think first parties ain’t happenin, but I also don’t think Geno’s happenin, so I’m really not sure about who it could be.

But just because you think it won’t happen doesn’t mean it won’t.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Well Three Houses does have the advantage of being generally accepted by the Fire Emblem community. Fates had problems from day one.
That & Edelgard is a pure female fighter.

It may mean not much, but we haven't got much Female newcomer who aren't alt to a male character or have a alt of a male version.

So it may help Edel reception by a bit. That, and she use a axe, so no boring "swordman" argument to be throw.

Bee Card

Smash Ace
What is this black bird thing please ? :oneeye:

Potato_

Smash Lord
That and at least Edelgard would be considerably different as an axe Lord. As much as I dislike Corrin I'm happy with their addition in Smash because their playstyle is largely unique.

I'm still INCREDIBLY doubtful on a Three Houses lord in Smash for reasons I've talked about before, but it wouldn't be a bad choice.

Also if it isn't Velvet or Edelgard then I have no clue what that bird could represent for Smash. Like at all.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I know, I actually like the game. But there's no denying that most of the community is still angry over Corrin and if another FE character is added as DLC it would generate outrage.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
If Edelgard gets in I’m deleting this account

Your move, Nintendo
Deleting your account should be replaced by Kamikazee your account for a month, in honor of Hero inclusion.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
That & Edelgard is a pure female fighter.

It may mean not much, but we haven't got much Female newcomer who aren't alt to a male character or have a alt of a male version.

So it may help Edel reception by a bit. That, and she use a axe, so no boring "swordman" argument to be throw.
While I mostly agree with your point, I'd argue axes and swords are still pretty similar

Like if you were to replace Ike's sword with an axe, it wouldn't be too out of place. He pretty much plays like an axe user would.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom