• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Having picked Golden Deer, I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised by Lorenz so far. His B support with Marianne is actually pretty nice considering his pompous first impression.

In terms of gameplay, it's easily Hilda. She plays herself off as a weak little girl, but then proceeds to laugh off enemy attacks and then smash their faces in twice over while cheering 'Hilda! Hilda!' Definitely going to make her a Wyvern Lord so that she can be the second coming of Jill.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
However, since Geno's Mii costume didn't return, it'll be decisive if and when Geno's announced as a character. Not being a character and not even a Mii Fighter costume? Yikes.
Geno's costume was probably cut, and I don't think it's because he's playable.

You can't argue, "Geno's Spirit being in the base game doesn't mean anything because the DLC was decided later," but then turn around and say, "The costume is missing! He's in!"

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
When you need to cut either videoediting or Three Houses so you can sleep, and naturally you cut sleep.

EDIT: This site apparently doesn't want me to post a picture of Zechs's mask breaking.
I tried to defeat the beast, but it look it got a 2% critic on me, so now, I got to play more Three Houses.

Blue Lion here I come.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Really wish we had a car. Especially now that I’m learning to drive.

We used to have a car but rats destroyed it
Did they get up in the engine when it was cold?

I had to pay like $300 to fix mine when a mouse did that.

In terms of gameplay, it's easily Hilda. She plays herself off as a weak little girl, but then proceeds to laugh off enemy attacks and then smash their faces in twice over while cheering 'Hilda! Hilda!' Definitely going to make her a Wyvern Lord so that she can be the second coming of Jill.
Yeeeeeeeeeah I put like five months of effort into recruiting her before I realized she's one of the unrecruitable ones.

I hate that I'm gonna have to wait until my third playthrough to get her.

StormC

Smash Hero
Stingy Square is kinda of a played out fan excuse though. In this case? It's not even a Square thing that would cause Hero's Final Smash to look like this.

Square isn't stingy. It's just they really really allow their artists to have full control over the music and characters they create for their hit series. It's more of a ''Sakurai has twice the workload reaching out to all the people involved in a Square project." thing than ''Square is an evil stingy company" thing.
Based on Tansut's comments, Cloud was an expensive character to get into Smash and Square is the one who dropped the ball on no female hero alts. Sakurai's comment also implies it wasn't trivial to allow for the four Heroes to fight each other. So I'd say it's both that Square lets their creators have a lot of control of their IPs... and that they're stingy.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
man so much three houses talk and i cant even get access to it

the true struggles of physical gang

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Based on Tansut's comments, Cloud was an expensive character to get into Smash and Square is the one who dropped the ball on no female hero alts. Sakurai's comment also implies it wasn't trivial to allow for the four Heroes to fight each other. So I'd say it's both that Square lets their creators have a lot of control of their IPs... and that they're stingy.
Square be like,
“Oh sure we’ll def let four Heroes from the series fight each other, but you must use the FMV we made for Hero’s FS”
>FMV looks like something from the PS2 era

Potato_

Smash Lord
> Joker got 1 nerf and it's largely inconsequential
> Ridley got multiple buffs including his recovery
> Hero's heal is limited to 2 per stock and his stronger spells come up less often

this pleases me

Having picked Golden Deer, I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised by Lorenz so far. His B support with Marianne is actually pretty nice considering his pompous first impression.
As a Blue Lion guy, Sylvain is the character that surprised me the most. I thought he'd just be comic relief and his only character trait would be "he's a womanizer lul" but he's actually got a lot of depth to him. I've been enjoying his supports a lot, especially with Ingrid and Felix.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Really wish we had a car. Especially now that I’m learning to drive.

We used to have a car but rats destroyed it
I'm just imagining Wind Waker Bombchu setting explosives under it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Cloud SHOULD be an expensive character though. That's not stingy. That's like asking Nintendo to loan out Link or Mario for cheap. He's the most iconic hero of the Final Fantasy series. Of course he's gonna cost a lot of money.

As for heroes fighting each other? It's okay for them to be protective of their IPs too. Some people just don't want their heroic characters beating the crap out of one another and that's okay. That's why Dissida is a FF brawler now and not a Kingdom Hearts one because of Disney. There was nothing wrong there.

The outcome was just nicer here. They ultimately said ''Yeah, sure."

The female alts thing though? Eh.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Did they get up in the engine when it was cold?

I had to pay like $300 to fix mine when a mouse did that.

Yeeeeeeeeeah I put like five months of effort into recruiting her before I realized she's one of the unrecruitable ones.

I hate that I'm gonna have to wait until my third playthrough to get her.
Nah they chewed through the wires

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don’t get why people would think square would give them issues over Geno.

They got access to his costume and to use beware the forests mushrooms to announce it in 4,

And in this game, we have spirits of mallow and Geno, as well as a Geno online icon.

Both of those would need rights negotiated beforehand. So if they could do it for spirits and the icon, and if square would let he borrow music for the mii costume announcement, then I don’t think they would object to making Geno playable or even to bring his costume back if Sakurai wanted.

It’s just a matter of how does Nintendo/Sakurai think Geno should be handled going forth imo

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There was a shooter at my mom’s job Jesus christ

She’s fine don’t worry but

Geeeez
Whoa. Glad to hear she's fine.

But Jesus Christ what's with all these shootings lately? What are these people trying to prove by taking innocent lives? Will they ever stop?

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Geno's costume was probably cut, and I don't think it's because he's playable.

You can't argue, "Geno's Spirit being in the base game doesn't mean anything because the DLC was decided later," but then turn around and say, "The costume is missing! He's in!"
I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing that Square's treatment of their main franchises is not indicative of how they would treat Geno. If I were to guess, I would say the costume was likely cut--but that's why I said yikes. I feel bad for the Geno fans, in that case.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Nah they chewed through the wires
That's what it did to mine. It climbed into the engine during winter when I wasn't driving it and chewed through a bunch of wiring on its way in. Then when I had it towed to the shop they showed me the dead mouse they found inside.

There was a shooter at my mom’s job Jesus christ

She’s fine don’t worry but

Geeeez
I can't hide my rage over the state of gun control in this country.

I'm glad your mom is okay. Give her a huge hug when she gets home.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
There’s a lot of things we need fixed and that’s definitely one of them. Things like this should not happen. For a lack of better words, it’s disgusting.
What angers me is that the very idea of "let's put limits on guns so mass shootings don't happen" is a ****ing political debate.

It's like debating the pros and cons of getting surgery after your appendix has already burst.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
What angers me is that the very idea of "let's put limits on guns so mass shootings don't happen" is a ****ing political debate.

It's like debating the pros and cons of getting surgery after your appendix has already burst.
The issue isn't really as black and white as a lot of people tend to make it out to be. Both sides of the aisle make some pretty compelling points.

Pro-gun supporters would argue that the only people who would really follow the new laws are the law-abiding citizens, AKA the people who want to protect themselves from shootings like these.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

There’s a lot to unpack about this and things to consider when talking about gun control, it’s not that simple of an issue to fix, especially when there’s so many guns in our ecosystem already.

I believe gun violence is a major problem but so far there hasn’t been any proposed form of control that I think would work.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m not gonna get into a debate but I will say this, gun control is heavily dealt with in a nation like japan.

They have routine checks and make sure everyone’s weapons are accounted(at least from my research for essays in school, but that was some time ago.)

They barely have gun related crimes whatsoever, instead it’s knife attacks. Which those are a lot easier to avoid and deal with should such a scenario arise where you are fighting someone with one.

Gun control can absolutely be a thing while still giving those that want it remain the same what they want. We could easily find compromise between if politicians truly tried and looked at things from all angles.

Buts that all I’m gonna really say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom