• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
normal people: "hero looks interesting i guess"
me, an intellectual: "where the **** are my TH mii costumes"

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Imagine the RNG on a roguelike character.

D

Deleted member

Also did Sakurai just make a goddamn GaoGaiGar reference with King of Braves? That was the secret to the codename all along.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
he's probably going to be bad but Hero still intimidates me in a way that no other character has

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
4.0 is coming today. yay. but the lack of FF mii costumes and single player modes is disappointing. seems like everything square touches is just meh.

D

Deleted member

Anyways gonna be dissapointed if that Metal Killer spell doesn't one shot Mega Man and ROB.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
personally i don't put much stock in geno's absence yet because chocobo is also gone

but i do think we could see the two costumes return later on down the line

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
We got more than two midi songs and more than two spirits

Way more than I expected
Was a little disappointed that only Eleven got a group spirit for his party.

Eight and Four had iconic parties too! Where's their group spirit!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
If anything, the lack of a Geno costume is probably on Square's end.

The licensing fee for him is probably a bit too overpriced nowadays for Nintendo's sake

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Hero has more stuff going for him then RNG.

Yeah it's gonna suck when he gets and undeserved kill with a smash attack crit, but his Neutral/Side/Up specials all seem really cool and even his normals seem pretty fun.
Anyways gonna be dissapointed if that Metal Killer spell doesn't one shot Mega Man and ROB.
Thankfully ROB is made of plastic, so his race gets to live another day.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
From a creative standpoint, I really do like Hero. Moveset is very interesting and the stage looks great.

From a competitive standpoint, this character is gonna be all over the place. Some Down B specials are good while others are bad/kinda useless. Random possibility of crits...

He’s definitely someone I could see playing for fun. But I highly doubt I am going to play him seriously because there’s way too much RNG/luck for me personally.

D

Deleted member

Yeah the fact that the one Final Fantasy costume also didn't return just makes it seem like they couldn't get the licensing to them. In fact, gonna go out on a limb and say both costumes aren't coming back at any point.

culumon

Smash Apprentice
I'm so confused. Arusu is the DQVII hero's name. I have never heard the DQIII hero referred to as such.

I mean, I'm just gonna have to trust Sakurai's judgement more than my own on this one, but it's a bit like hearing him out of nowhere be like "hey did you know that here in Japan we call Cloud 'Old Sprinkly Tinkles'?". Like no, dude, I've literally never heard that before, and by any reasonable metric I should have heard that before. But at the same time I guess I have no way of disproving you?

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'm so confused. Arusu is the DQVII hero's name. I have never heard the DQIII hero referred to as such.

I mean, I'm just gonna have to trust Sakurai's judgement more than my own on this one, but it's a bit like hearing him out of nowhere be like "hey did you know that here in Japan we call Cloud 'Old Sprinkly Tinkles'?". Like no, dude, I've literally never heard that before, and by any reasonable metric I should have heard that before. But at the same time I guess I have no way of disproving you?
That was Sakurai’s headcanon name for him when he was a kid

Now that he’s the ****ing boss he can finally make his fan fiction real

D

Deleted member

I really don't like Hero's moveset. Yeah, its faithful to the source, but I think that there's way too much stuff going on, and RNG always kinda sucks. His normals and stuff just kinda looks like Link's, but I'll give that a pass since there arent many unique ways to swing a sword.

Last edited by a moderator:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I really don't like Hero's moveset. Yeah, its faithful to the source, but I think that there's way too much stuff going on, and RNG always kinda sucks. His normals and stuff just kinda looks like Link's, but I'll give that a pass since there arent my unique ways to swing a sword.
Grab it by the blade and swing the hilt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom