• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
Hero's stage seems pretty impressive for DLC, rendering all of that couldn't have been trivial.

D

Deleted member

The final DLC character is just gonna be the collective debt Nintendo has to Square Enix for all this content. The fans have to pay for it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Congrats to Final Fantasy for being the only playable series to get a decrease in representation from Smash 4. And lord knows it was working with a lot already. :rolleyes:

jfc square

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Inb4 Square Enix is the first third party to reach 4 reps - Cloud, Hero, Geno, and (your choice of either 2B or Neku or Bravely character here)

Dream come true for me tbh

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hope one of Hocus Pocus's RNGs is that Bette Midler comes out of nowhere and starts singing I Put a Spell On You with Kathy Najimy and Sarah Jessica Parker.

Sora confirmed basically.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah, Hero is cool and all, but where tf is Mole from Mole Mania?

And that, my friends is my final post on this website. Goodbye
You couldn't even bother to remember Muddy Mole's full name.
Hero's stage seems pretty impressive for DLC, rendering all of that couldn't have been trivial.
Yeah, I noticed that too. Smash 4 really conditioned me not to expect touring stages for DLC. Even if it's all in the background, it's really nice to be getting a stage like Yggdrasil's Altar for DLC

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Wew lads, what a presentation.

First and foremost, I want to speak to what everyone is expecting me to speak to: Mii Costume Theory. I'm going to explain it again. There are two elements of the theory.

The idea is that the Mii Fighter costumes that come with the Challenger Pack will (1) be related to the company of origin that the main fighter comes from, and (2) This can include, but is NOT limited to, old or returning costumes.

Yes, part of the implication of Mii Fighter Theory is that old costumes will return. That didn't happen today. However, this is Square Enix we're talking about; we know they're frugal with what they allow in Smash to an extent. This is very different from how the other companies involved in Smash work with Nintendo, as Capcom and especially SEGA have been forthcoming with content.

I don't see how in any capacity "Mii Costume theory is dead". Sure, we didn't get returning costumes. But there's a logical explanation for it. We still have Capcom and Namco costumes unspoken for, and they could easily be revealed in an upcoming presentation. Basically, I don't know that the needle really moved one way or another for the idea itself, because while we didn't get the old costumes back, we did only get Square Enix property costumes.
--
No Geno costume was surprising, but also not surprising. I'm not holding my breath for him to be playable, but then again, we did get Banjo-Kazooie, arguably the most sought after "never ever" pick.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Gonna suck if Geno’s costume was cut despite being one they could port and SMRPG still has content.

Spirits may not disconfirm, either. Do we even have any evidence that they do? What if they were made before DLC was even done being planned or whatever? There’s over a thousand of them and most have a battle to go along with them. They had to code all the Spirit-related stuff as well so I bet it was started on earlier rather than much later. The frickin story mode is all about them. Did nobody think about this? They could’ve had a nipper plant evolve into Petey Piranha instead of a normal Piranha Plant because it’s a baby to adult + it gives Petey, a previous boss and decently popular character, some spotlight...even if he’s a Final Smash now. Some other iconic Mario enemies aren’t spirits, either.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Gonna suck if Geno’s costume was cut despite being one they could port and SMRPG still has content.

Spirits may not disconfirm, either. Do we even have any evidence that they do? What if they were made before DLC was even done being planned or whatever? There’s over a thousand of them and most have a battle to go along with them.
I’m pretty confident Spirits were made before the DLC lineup was halfway done being finalized so yeah I’m def with you in the “Spirits aren’t necessarily deconfirmations” camp, exceptions being if they’re an AT, or DLC Mii costume (base Mii costumes are probably safe)

D

Deleted member

Gotta say, presentation was fun and just surprised that there was no sight of HRC so I would probably expect it with the last 3 fighters.

Going to be fun playing with the Hero just due the amount of spells he uses. While no Chocobo Hat or Geno costume, its not surprising giving the presentation was focused on DQ.

Noipoi

Howdy!
With all these professional competitive smash players upset with Hero’s moveset, I guess you could say

Pros Mad

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Where did that name even come from?
Just taking this guy's word for it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So uh

The #SmashBros hashtag still ain’t working on Twitter

What’s up with that I wonder?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hi. how're people feeling about hero?

I hope people dont get too hard on Hero for the random crits. It's the only thing I'm a bit concerned about, but if it's just on smashes then it's not that bad. The random spells could be entertaining ;p
Most of all I hope people have fun :)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Who is Leffen, anyway, may I ask?
Pro Melee and Ultimate player, and in Melee specifically he's a top 8 player.
Also infamous for complaining a lot about things he doesn't like.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
it is a shame that kirkhope only seems to be doing spiral mountain while other composers handle other tracks

but at least it's basically a medley

StormC

Smash Hero
Last thought on the matter: if Chocobo returned but not Geno, I would be a bit suspicious. As it stands, I think occam's razor just says they were cut.

Not gonna go police people's hype though, that's the nature of the game, to paraphrase Captain America, if Geno fans fall then they fall together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom