• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Hero has officially unseated Luigi and G&W as "RNG: the character". Sakurai's comments about the budget slayed me.

D

Deleted member

The true Hero counterpick is just gonna be to change the language to Italian so the other guy won't know what spells they're using.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Just a reminder for y'all that Sakurai sees Smash as a party game, first and foremost.

Pretty sure tournament viability isn't really his top priority

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
Lack of a Geno costume means Geno fans are going to spend the next 4-6 months hoping for possibly nothing. Damn.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Hero having so much ****ty RNG makes Atlus look tame with Faust and Teddie.

What I'm saying is, Sol's in.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post
Deleted for reasons unbeknownst to me

Last edited by a moderator:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Just a reminder for y'all that Sakuari see's Smash as a party game, first and foremost.

Pretty sure tournament viability isn't really his top priority
A lot of changes in Ultimate made it much more competitive friendly despite Sakurai's focus. Then there's also that desgined for casual audience Brawl didn't go this deep with randomness on a single character. I get why this character might be fun for some people but I still feel the concern is warranted.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I just took a gander at the Geno thread th, and the amount of clownery there is astounding. Please hype responsibly.
You mean the non-existant clownery. Where they all are hyping quite responsibly. Don't slander people for no reason.

A majority of that thread's users have been through enough to know when to hype responsibly without someone else having to tell them.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just took a gander at the Geno thread th, and the amount of clownery there is astounding. Please hype responsibly.
They’re excited for what the future may bring

After months and months of downtrodden pessimism

That’s not being a clown

Being a clown is ****ting on people being excited for a possibility

BD3ACD2C-27C1-40C6-8C9E-0C808A2DB583.jpeg

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Big brain: The SE costumes aren't back because Geno and Chocobo finish up the fighter's pass.

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
y'all out here waiting for this hero dude when i'm maining the real characters

veronicedea, edearick, brawledea and slimedea

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The good:

-Online tournament modes (hope they fix the issues Smash 4 had)
-New FS meter timer is an improvement.
-Stage looks pretty, travelling around it looks fun.
-Hero's moveset clearly had a lot of love put into it.

The bad:

-The stage having a bottom platform removing its potential unique competitive layout...
-The RNG of some of Hero' moves not entirely selling me. A move that can kill in one move randomly? I guess it depends on the game operates this, but sheesh. Critical Hit is ok.
-No Geno costume will create a terrible expectation from his fans, when it is more likely it was simply cut like Chocobo.

The oh ok:

-New Spirit mode difficulty. The mii costumes.

D

Deleted member

Hero looks really fun but I'm not entirely sure if random crits for Smash attacks are cool. Randomly rewarding someone for doing something that requires no additional effort on their end doesn't exactly make for a fun experience for the other party, just look at TF2 and how much of a meme "Random crits are fair and balanced" has become.
But what do I know, it could end up having very little impact in how he plays but it doesn't leave me with a good first impression.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, Hero is cool and all, but where tf is Mole from Mole Mania?

And that, my friends is my final post on this website. Goodbye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom