• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Me every time I see a cool third party get added to Smash but they can have a needless gimmick somewhat resembling their original games forced onto them
View attachment 232936
Dude. That kind of thing is cool. I like it when Smash characters have things like that that make them weird and unique. Like, this guy has 3 chargeable specials and a random down b! Sure other fighters COULD have it, but no one else does and that makes him special.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well, now there's even less reason we can't have Team Fortress 2 characters.

CROCKET!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Atleast it's nice to know that all B move that aren't down B are alll in the player control and even can be charged at will, well, if you have the MP needed at least.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
yall never played a JRPG/DQ game at all, have you? Or just JRPGs in general because random crits are not a new thing
I think people are more surprised that it shows up in a fighting game, considering it doesn't for the Pokemon and the FE characters use them for Final Smashes. It doesn't seem too out of place given the Hero's playstyle though, so I'm not surprised.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Geno's hat not being present is something to consider, but keep in mind it's very possible it's a coincidence.
I’ve said t before but I’ll say it again. If that costume isn’t back in the update, Geno is probably in. They wouldn’t cut it due to the outrage unless he was coming imo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
There’s no way I’m calling him Arusu

He’s Erdrick to me dammit
I’m not calling the default Eleven either and not only cause the Netflix ninjas are at my door

He’ll always be Luminary or Ireburn to me

Noipoi

Howdy!
Well either way, now that Hero’s coming we can finally be done with all this waiting.

That’s right, no more periods of waiting for months. Hoping for scraps of information about the next character.

No. More. Waiting.

822DEF8A-DB39-4373-803F-F64873B47179.gif

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Erdrick has a lot of RNG, and some powerful moves, but that isn't enough for him to be banned in tournaments. Y'all are jumpin' the gun.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That one-hit kill move kinda scare me tho.

Like it be better have either rare chance to apparear, or it better have low chance to trigger, even at high percent, or else, well...

Get ready for Super Salt BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....................For the Nintendo Switch.

D

Deleted member

Dude. That kind of thing is cool. I like it when Smash characters have things like that that make them weird and unique. Like, this guy has 3 chargeable specials and a random down b! Sure other fighters COULD have it, but no one else does and that makes him special.
It makes them unique for sure, and sometimes they work, but half the time it also just makes them clunkier to play. Ridley doesn't have a "gimmick" per say, but his moveset is still fun and true to the character without having to have a meter you fill by killing the opponent's parents.

I get that Hero is the protagonist and that Sakurai wanted to encompass as much of the spirit of Dragon Quest as he could in one character, but I could really go without it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Erdrick has a lot of RNG, and some powerful moves, but that isn't enough for him to be banned in tournaments. Y'all are jumpin' the gun.
Yeah I doubt the dude will be banned from the get. Unless he's outright better than every character.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I’m not calling the default Eleven either and not only cause the Netflix ninjas are at my door

He’ll always be Luminary or Ireburn to me
Irebun is just how you pronounce Eleven written in katakana. Might as well start calling all characters by their Japanese approximations.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
It's times like this that make me miss For Glory, when characters with RNG-based abilities had the RNG removed for more something more balanced...

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
I hope they put in a XCOM character who misses all of their attacks and gets tired if they run too far

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Everyone looking forward to Banjo is gonna be so disappointed when they see how they implemented his collectables gimmick /s
>when you can't play Banjo competitively because collectibles are turned off and you don't start with any eggs or feathers
>meanwhile Hero is rolling random crits and Thwacks

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
That one-hit kill move kinda scare me tho.

Like it be better have either rare chance to apparear, or it better have low chance to trigger, even at high percent, or else, well...

Get ready for Super Salt BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....................For the Nintendo Switch.
snooze into thwack

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I don't think anything is guaranteed with Geno, his costume missing raises a few eyebrows, especially as he's already in the game in the form of a Spirit, but it's still 3rd party stuff, so there could be many reasons behind the scenes as to why it's been cut. I do hope for Geno fans that something comes of it though, but I don't consider him a whole lot likelier than I did before, only in the sense that the hammer didn't fall down on him when I expected that it would.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

War Cry from DQ8 is in the game’s music list at last!

Ultimate will become the Best Game Of All Time at this pace.

Sucks that in Spain we have to wait until tomorrow for Hero doh.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Yeah, Charade in Soul Salibur 2 who is a new moveset every round.
Is it like Mokujin in Tekken where he randomly selects another fighter's moveset?

Wouldn't that be a fancy random button when you get down to it?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
snooze into thwack
Lord, those names almost make up for the fact that peoples are going to get some bull**** combo at time.

Not that I care much tho, Three Houses is the game I'm going to play for the moment, so, hope for ya all that Hero doesn't break the meta or the casual meta.

On that said,
yeah nah.gif

See ya.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’ve said t before but I’ll say it again. If that costume isn’t back in the update, Geno is probably in. They wouldn’t cut it due to the outrage unless he was coming imo.
Yes, I’m saying they may have cut it because they didn’t like it. While it’s possible, it doesn’t 101% mean Geno’s coming.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Solution: Have a tournament option for Hero where all attacks are crits, his instant kill spells always instant kill and hocus pocus just activates his FS.

Perfect balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom