• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Hot take: I don't think they'll tease anything related to Pass Fighter 4 tomorrow. Best to wait for Banjo to drop first, Fighter 4 will probably be revealed or teased then.
The soonest I think we'll hear about fighter 4, is the yearly September/Fall direct.

We'll probably also get some more info on/a date for Banjo around that time as well.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
For real though, will be funny to see how the servers deal with Hero on Wednesday

And just over three months to LM3, get hyyyyyype

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Between Nintendo Of Europe accidentally confirming the release date and NOA possibly mistranslating the video time... something must be in the water at Nintendo's localization branches.
Well the lead localization producer did just leave Nintendo this past weekend.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Hot take: I don't think they'll tease anything related to Pass Fighter 4 tomorrow. Best to wait for Banjo to drop first, Fighter 4 will probably be revealed or teased then.
What's the hot part of that take? I don't think anyone actually expects anything besides the most ambitious speculah Discords out there.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I'm betting on the announcement of a dedicated Smash Finale direct and a teasing of Banjo's release.
Hmmmm... I think it'd be a bit soon for that...

Wouldn't except the final announcements to take place till November or December at the earliest

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I was playing Overwatch, had the controller on my lap, and my cat just decides to sit on top of my hands and controller. He's a big cat, too. I literally couldn't see my hands or controller.

StormC

Smash Hero
The last character is six months away, they aren't going to set up any final announcements anytime soon.

D

Deleted member

If you have interest about the stuff involving the N64 DD, maybe you will find this video recently posted by Vinesauce interesting.

They showcase some of the most interesting games that the system had, which is cool for people who want to learn more about how the N64DD compared with the original device.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
No. I'm expecting this announcement during the september direct. Should have made that clearer.
Eh... it'd still be a little too early for that, I feel.

Late October, November, to early December is the range I'm feeling for some sort of announcement for that final direct

Honestly, I'm not sure we'll be getting a final direct at all.

I could very well see Fighter 5 being revealed at the VGAs, going full circle.

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
All I want is the final two characters to not be leaked ... or at least not be leaked really soon before they're announced (like I don't get why people want E3 to leak a day early, just wait the extra 24 hours)

Banjo being hinted at just before E3 was thankfully saved by the whole Hero trailer dampening people's expectation that we'd get a double reveal

Still kinda pissed that Ridley's name was being thrown about: can you imagine if there were zero expectations altogether?

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
All I want is the final two characters to not be leaked ... or at least not be leaked really soon before they're announced (like I don't get why people want E3 to leak a day early, just wait the extra 24 hours)

Banjo being hinted at just before E3 was thankfully saved by the whole Hero trailer dampening people's expectation that we'd get a double reveal

Still kinda pissed that Ridley's name was being thrown about: can you imagine if there were zero expectations altogether?
I never really understood why people would want all the characters to be revealed early. Yeah, you'll finally know who's in Smash, but you'll spend the next few months talking about nothing else but release dates and "what do you think his specials will be?"

That's no fun if you ask me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I never really understood why people would want all the characters to be revealed early. Yeah, you'll finally know who's in Smash, but you'll spend the next few months talking about nothing else but release dates and "what do you think his specials will be?"

I only like leaks if it’s a character I bet my children on (like Banjo) and I need to know I’m gonna win.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm going to call Dedue, "Wamuu" from now on, and none of you can stop me.

Last edited:

SonicMario

Smash Master
Eh... it'd still be a little too early for that, I feel.

Late October, November, to early December is the range I'm feeling for some sort of announcement for that final direct

Honestly, I'm not sure we'll be getting a final direct at all.

I could very well see Fighter 5 being revealed at the VGAs, going full circle.
Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled was also first revealed at the VGAs. Imagine if the two intertwine this time around.

D

Deleted member

Just do it like Street Fighter V used to and give us silhouettes. Then we can spend months arguing over those instead.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Gonna stop you there and tell ya how relatable this is on the general scale of the NintenZone.

I swear, there's more people who speculate and discuss Smash Bros here then actually play it. Least, from my perspective. :bluejump:
Honestly one thing I've always been scared about, is the actual amount of people who just talk about a game like Smash and don't actually play it. Those are the folks that I really don't refer to how the game plays and just seem to care more about staring at the character select screen. Big yikes from me, my dudes.

Then there's stuff like Fire Emblem. Don't get me wrong, gamers can play the game they want. But I seriously wonder how many folks who are are obsessed with the shipping aspect of the game actually play it. I love the gameplay of Fire Emblem, but there is absolutely a sect of fans that doesn't care about that and just wants to smash (no pun intended) because of straight up thirstiness. Everybody gets thirsty here and there, but man. Play the game and enjoy it for goodness sakes!

Again, nothing wrong with liking the romance of Fire Emblem. I just think some people don't care about anything else, and they're really missing out on everything else the game has to offer.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
damn, all my friend wants to do when we go out is see a damn movie
Honestly one thing I've always been scared about, is the actual amount of people who just talk about a game like Smash and don't actually play it. Those are the folks that I really don't refer to how the game plays and just seem to care more about staring at the character select screen. Big yikes from me, my dudes.

Then there's stuff like Fire Emblem. Don't get me wrong, gamers can play the game they want. But I seriously wonder how many folks who are are obsessed with the shipping aspect of the game actually play it. I love the gameplay of Fire Emblem, but there is absolutely a sect of fans that doesn't care about that and just wants to smash (no pun intended) because of straight up thirstiness. Everybody gets thirsty here and there, but man. Play the game and enjoy it for goodness sakes!

Again, nothing wrong with liking the romance of Fire Emblem. I just think some people don't care about anything else, and they're really missing out on everything else the game has to offer.
I mean, my first one was fates and now im on three houses so you could say I played it pff I dont play it just for romance tho

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Alright folks, my next article will be posting at 3pm this afternoon. It focuses on options for DLC newcomers from Capcom, so I hope everybody gives it a read!

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
So, let’s play a game. One of your favorite gaming series gets representation in Smash. What do they get? Here’s my idea.

Series: Overwatch
Fighter(s): Tracer, Reaper
Stage: King’s Row
Music: Rally The Heroes, Temple of Anubis, King’s Row, All-Stars Main Menu Theme
Spirits: Ana, Ashe, Baptiste, Bastion, Brigette, D.va, Doomfist, Genji, Hanzo, Junkrat, Lucio, McCree, Mei, Mercy, Moira, Orisa, Pharah, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Sigma, Soldier 76, Sombra Symmetra, Torbjorn, Widowmaker, Winston, Wrecking Ball, Zarya, Zenyatta

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Alright folks, my next article will be posting at 3pm this afternoon. It focuses on options for DLC newcomers from Capcom, so I hope everybody gives it a read!
I really don't feel like I need to read your article to know who you think is likely for DLC from Capcom. :p

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
I think I’m in the sort of middle ground where I’m kind of waiting for Hero, and DLC in general, more to watch gameplay than to actually play as them.

I’m super out of practice with Ultimate since I’ve put so much more time into SSF2, so I can’t just casually drop into online and have fun with a new character that I’m not planning on practicing a ton. (I still miss For Fun Teams...)

Noipoi

Howdy!
So, let’s play a game. One of your favorite gaming series gets representation in Smash. What do they get? Here’s my idea.

Series: Overwatch
Fighter(s): Tracer, Reaper
Stage: King’s Row
Music: Rally The Heroes, Temple of Anubis, King’s Row, All-Stars Main Menu Theme
Spirits: Ana, Ashe, Baptiste, Bastion, Brigette, D.va, Doomfist, Genji, Hanzo, Junkrat, Lucio, McCree, Mei, Mercy, Moira, Orisa, Pharah, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Sigma, Soldier 76, Sombra Symmetra, Torbjorn, Widowmaker, Winston, Wrecking Ball, Zarya, Zenyatta
Undetale
Fighting lad: Frisk
Stage: The Underground (traveling stage)
Music: all of it
Spirits: Toriel, Sans, Papyrus, Undyne, Alphys, Asgore, Flowey, Mettaton, Napstablook, Asriel

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Good to see he's talking. I was really worried they would force him to be silent like in those Mania shorts.
Dude, the Sonic Boom show is exclusive to their sister channel, I'm pretty sure they have Sonic's voice actor on speed dial.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Also, what's this about NoA mistranslating the time?
The Japanese tweet for the presentation mentions it'll happen at 22:00, AKA 10 PM. The English tweet apparently interpreted this as "the presentation will be 22 minutes long".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom