• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
New music being added (other than the stuff that's coming with each new DLC fighter - I mean stuff for series already in the game) and proper new costumes are both something I really want as updates ... and both things that I'm not expecting at all

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just had a harrowing thought

If somehow ALL the placeholder slots are filled (counting only the WoL slots as the 29 slots include alternate appearance alts like Hero’s while the WoL slots which are what 16? dont count the alts)

If that’s the case and the version gets a full number update each new character... if all slots are filled Smash would go up to version 17.0

Has any game or piece of software had their version go up to that number??

Also will each new character come with a new mode, even the non pass ones...?

D

Deleted member

A guy I work with had someone make him a plush of a character I voice and now I want one.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New music being added (other than the stuff that's coming with each new DLC fighter - I mean stuff for series already in the game) and proper new costumes are both something I really want as updates ... and both things that I'm not expecting at all
Even if we never get Octoling as a DLC character I NEED to see Fly Octo Fly

There’s a ton of more songs I’d love to see added even if characters outside the pass don’t bring any... hell I’ll even take more FF tracks randomly added to Midgar for free

D

Deleted member

Gonna stop you there and tell ya how relatable this is on the general scale of the NintenZone.

I swear, there's more people who speculate and discuss Smash Bros here then actually play it. Least, from my perspective. :bluejump:
Ngl, I would play Smash Bros more if I didn't have so many games distracting me from doing so.

Although Hero will likely change that for a while.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, you think they're gonna add more game modes in 4.0.0?
2.0.0 did, 3.0.0 did, and 3.1.0 did as well.
Home Run Contest at the bare minimum. That OR something WoL related which, TIL Hero’s contract stipulates he can only be shown fighting “evil” characters for any promo which is why they probably added the Dharkon effect on some characters. Still expect it to be a full fledged toggle-able feature tho, same for the Galeem effect.

But most importantly - I wanna see that datamine for literally ANYTHING of interest

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I’m honestly thinking about dropping the idea of making Ultimate screenshots themed about Metroid and Dragon Quest to just play the game and leave it at that, as much as it saddens me to.

Why put care and time into photos that while you have waited years to make and share on the internet... will be just ignored and rejected for not being the stuff people associate you with due to stupid reasons?

It’s like making a cake for a party just to have everyone throw it for not being the cupcakes you did that one time at a wedding.
If you want to take screenshots, just take them! You would take those because you like both franchises and it is your game. Don't limit yourself about what you can do with it to enjoy it.

xD If I had Ultimate, I would MAINLY use it to take screenshots of Ridley and Rosalina. As of now, only I can get them via the help of some friends that got the game. Also to inspire me to draw more ideas. I would love to play with all of my friends too, but I will definitely gonna suck at it. :p

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I know I’m definitely late but I just had a sudden realization:

So as we know, NOE accidentally said Hero would release July 31. That I believe to be in respective Europe time zones.

So there lies a chance Hero releases tomorrow in NA time zones.

Of course, I could be totally wrong here.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
For the datamine I at least expect to see Banjo’s codename (probably “Rarebear”, “Rare”, “Puzzle” or “Jinjo”) since I mean we already KNOW Banjo is coming so we could at least see his codename

That or they’ll just say Banjo in the code plain as day for anyone to see

Bonus points if they DO leave behind codename hints again but they’re harder to guess than Brave

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Expecting anything substantial when we're getting a not-Direct/gameplay demo is setting yourself for disappointment, but what else is new?

I would hope we get Boss Rush mode (with an All Star-like battle against all the dark/light possessed characters to pad things out), complete with Hero being used by Sakurai to clear it. And Mii costumes (genuinely could just be Slime Hat + returning SE costumes and I'd be happy).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If that boss mode hint from the Banjo trailer mentioned yesterday is anything to go by, well probably get Boss Rush with Banjo, with a slew of new bosses to boot. Since Banjo and Minecraft are both owned by Microsoft, it’s likely we’ll see Ender Dragon in it as per Vergeben’s claims

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Home Run Contest - yes
Boss Rush - maybe (please with more bosses, I want DJ Octavio, Porky and Rayquaza battles)
Some kind of Break the Targets equivalent - Perhaps
Smash Run - not a chance in hell

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Expecting anything substantial when we're getting a not-Direct/gameplay demo is setting yourself for disappointment, but what else is new?
At least people are being more realistic with their expectations this time. Seems like most people are treating a boss rush mode and a few Mii costumes as the best possible outcome.

Compare that to the November Direct, when the Grinch leak convinced people that 6-7 newcomers getting revealed in a 40-minute presentation was plausible.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I think that Sakurai will try to make each character's release as different as possible.

With Joker we got a trailer shadowdrop for the update followed by the release a day after and now with Hero he is making a livestream featuring himself.

Maybe with Banjo they could make the release of the character happen alongside the release of any product involving Banjo through a general Direct announcement.

In general, I am fine with this choice from Sakurai's part if that is the case. It gives each fighter pass character even more stuff to be remembered about regarding this DLC speculation cycle on their own, and may inspire some creativity when it comes to videogames announcements on the industry.
IDK. Especially with the translation barrier, I just don't know how well this is gonna go.

Iridium

Smash Hero
"Please understand."

I think I’m the only person here who wants to actually see who voices the Hero’s alts.
Erdrick seems pretty clear to me, not sure I need to guess that one.

I know I’m definitely late but I just had a sudden realization:

So as we know, NOE accidentally said Hero would release July 31. That I believe to be in respective Europe time zones.

So there lies a chance Hero releases tomorrow in NA time zones.

Of course, I could be totally wrong here.
I honestly don't know what time zone they were thinking of. There's different ones over there too, and they're all ahead of us. Like the UK for example, when it hits the 31st at midnight, it would be the 30th (7 P.M.) for me in the US.

But we did get Joker late at night, it's possible.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm actually surprised that there are no Smash Ultimate mods that allow you to play as Master Hand outside of World of Light.

We can get Giga Bowser though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man three houses must be selling like mad. I’ve called 10 different stores in the area and they don’t have it. That’s really rare. Hopefully I can get it online then

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Man three houses must be selling like mad. I’ve called 10 different stores in the area and they don’t have it. That’s really rare. Hopefully I can get it online then
I think it's partially because they didn't make as many copies. I know a few Target stores only got about 6.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm actually surprised that there are no Smash Ultimate mods that allow you to play as Master Hand outside of World of Light.

We can get Giga Bowser though.
Well Skelux used Master Hand in this video near the end, though he may have just replaced the stage or something; apparently the results screen fully functions as a stage, too, except items can’t spawn unless you spawn ‘em yourself:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hot take: I don't think they'll tease anything related to Pass Fighter 4 tomorrow. Best to wait for Banjo to drop first, Fighter 4 will probably be revealed or teased then.

At the very least I COULD see them teasing a random individual DLC character... like an Echo or Semi Clone outside the pass...

she comes

NOTICE ME GENTLEPANDA-SENPAI

StormC

Smash Hero
Between Nintendo Of Europe accidentally confirming the release date and NOA possibly mistranslating the video time... something must be in the water at Nintendo's localization branches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom