• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I really don't feel like I need to read your article to know who you think is likely for DLC from Capcom. :p
Well to be fair, I’m never outright stating why I think any choices wouldn’t be in Smash in the article. I look at the strengths of each major series in contention and why it may or may not be in.

Obviously everybody here knows which I think are most likely, but I focus on 5 different series.

I’d recommend you still give it a read!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So, let’s play a game. One of your favorite gaming series gets representation in Smash. What do they get? Here’s my idea.

Series: Overwatch
Fighter(s): Tracer, Reaper
Stage: King’s Row
Music: Rally The Heroes, Temple of Anubis, King’s Row, All-Stars Main Menu Theme
Spirits: Ana, Ashe, Baptiste, Bastion, Brigette, D.va, Doomfist, Genji, Hanzo, Junkrat, Lucio, McCree, Mei, Mercy, Moira, Orisa, Pharah, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Sigma, Soldier 76, Sombra Symmetra, Torbjorn, Widowmaker, Winston, Wrecking Ball, Zarya, Zenyatta
Alrighty, I'm going straight off the rails with this one!

Series: FACTORIO
Fighter: Engineer
Stage: Diesel Train
Music: (Trailer themes and songs made fo remixed sound effects)
Spirits: Train, Sorter, Convayer belt, Biter, Uranium, Rocket Silo

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So, let’s play a game. One of your favorite gaming series gets representation in Smash. What do they get? Here’s my idea.

Music: Rally The Heroes, Temple of Anubis, King’s Row, All-Stars Main Menu Theme
Spirits: Ana, Ashe, Baptiste, Bastion, Brigette, D.va, Doomfist, Genji, Hanzo, Junkrat, Lucio, McCree, Mei, Mercy, Moira, Orisa, Pharah, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Sigma, Soldier 76, Sombra Symmetra, Torbjorn, Widowmaker, Winston, Wrecking Ball, Zarya, Zenyatta
Imma piggy-back offa this since I love Overwatch.

Fighter: Tracer
Stage: Blizzard World
Music: Main theme, Blizzard world theme, Summer Games theme
Spirits: Literally every other hero in the game

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
If that boss mode hint from the Banjo trailer mentioned yesterday is anything to go by, well probably get Boss Rush with Banjo, with a slew of new bosses to boot. Since Banjo and Minecraft are both owned by Microsoft, it’s likely we’ll see Ender Dragon in it as per Vergeben’s claims
I don't think we'll see Ender Dragon, as I believe Verge has said he confused it with Rathalos given how it's mentioned in the code. But I do think there is a possibility (however small), that Grunty is a boss. I had noted the more cinematic look when they show Gruntilda's Lair, and then someone brought it to my attention that the isolated audio of that scene sounds like an intro to a boss music.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Some have said it sounds like Banjo Tooie boss intro music, but I'm a huge Banjo fan, and I can't hear it--sounds more generic boss music from the incredibly tiny snippet we can hear.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Japanese tweet for the presentation mentions it'll happen at 22:00, AKA 10 PM. The English tweet apparently interpreted this as "the presentation will be 22 minutes long".
Hinata! Our beloved goddess! You're back!!!! :grin:

Please stay this time. We all miss you very much...:(

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Some have said it sounds like Banjo Tooie boss intro music, but I'm a huge Banjo fan, and I can't hear it--sounds more generic boss music from the incredibly tiny snippet we can hear.
It's not that it's an intro to boss music, but in Ultimate each boss (or some at least) has a sound that plays before you see them or fight them, which can sound low but intense like this one (though not all bosses share the same sound). 3BitSaurus noted it's similar to the sound that you can hear before fighting Marx.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It's not that it's an intro to boss music, but in Ultimate each boss (or some at least) have a sound that plays before you see them or fight them, which can sound intense like this one (though not all bosses share the same sound). 3BitSaurus noted it's similar to the sound that you can hear before fighting Marx.
That's what I meant, like musical sting--just noting it did not sound like the BAH BAH BAH BAH sound of a Tooie boss, like some people were saying.

StormC

Smash Hero
God, if I can fight Grunty as K. Rool...

Smash Ultimate has been a religious experience for us old school Rareware fans.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I don't think we'll see Ender Dragon, as I believe Verge has said he confused it with Rathalos given how it's mentioned in the code. But I do think there is a possibility (however small), that Grunty is a boss. I had noted the more cinematic look when they show Gruntilda's Lair, and then someone brought it to my attention that the isolated audio of that scene sounds like an intro to a boss music.

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Possible hints at a boss rush mode being the mode that comes with Banjo and it will include at least one new boss with Gruntilda perhaps? (And maybe another added with one of the final two. Like let's say Cortex for Crash for an example)

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

I wonder who will be voicing Banjo. Most likely Chris Sutherland, but still, I’m curious.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Alright, after a few edits, it's finally up and ready to go!

I'm sure my next piece will be on whatever happens tomorrow. After that? I'm considering doing a "What could have been!" series that focuses on characters disconfirmed from Smash that fans don't always think about or cast aside.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So given the possibility of Boss Rush with addiction bosses being added given the rumors with Grunty. Who do you guys want to see?

-Dr. Eggman
-General Scales w/ King RedEye
-Hades
-Kanden, Noxus, Spire, Sylux, Trace and Weavel
-King Boo
-Metal Gear REX
-Rayquaza
-Tiki Tong

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Porky Minch if he isn't a DLC character(Stand alone specifically) and hopefully he would replace the generic Master Hand & Crazy Hand Fights for Ness and Lucas. Maybe Fox as well as a nod to Pigma.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

I already got Persona and Sonic, so...let's go with Shin Megami Tensei.

Series: Shin Megami Tensei
Fighters: Demi-fiend
Stage: Labyrinth of Amala
Music: Fiend, Metatron, Fierce Battle, Boss Battle, Dante Battle
Spirits: Jack Frost, Pyro Jack, Pixie, Chu Chulainn, Beelzebub, Matador, Red Rider, Pale Rider, Black Rider, White Rider, Metatron, Helel, Lucifer

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
They even referenced the olympics crossovers:
XD That made me laugh more than I thought it would!

(And hearing Roger's voice yet again on Sonic is so weird...specially after some time prior I was playing AC II...always blame Ezio.)

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Series: Minecraft
Fighter: Steve (with Alex alt)
Stage: New World
Assist Trophy (just including this category, because I can): Creeper
Music (a lot of these are probably gonna need some remixes to make em battle worthy. Still great tracks, nonetheless): Minecraft, Sweden, Wet Hands, Moog City, Haggstrom Subwoofer Lullaby, Chirp,
Spirits: Creeper, Zombie, Pig, Chicken, Skeleton, Villager, Witch, Squid, Enderman, Ender Dragon, Wolf, Cat, Fox, Wither

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
The Japanese tweet for the presentation mentions it'll happen at 22:00, AKA 10 PM. The English tweet apparently interpreted this as "the presentation will be 22 minutes long".
So then for all we know it could be 5 minutes of Sakurai saying "Here's Hero, he releases (this time). These are the songs he comes with and here are a few Spirits. Goodbye!" Or it could be half an hour that goes over every little thing about 4.0 and maybe even teases the Banjo update.

At least we only have to wait until tomorrow morning this time. I hate how the announcements for this DLC have been handled so far.

StormC

Smash Hero
So then for all we know it could be 5 minutes of Sakurai saying "Here's Hero, he releases (this time). These are the songs he comes with and here are a few Spirits. Goodbye!" Or it could be half an hour that goes over every little thing about 4.0 and maybe even teases the Banjo update.

At least we only have to wait until tomorrow morning this time. I hate how the announcements for this DLC have been handled so far.
When Nintendo Of Europe accidentally confirmed the release date, part of me felt like Nintendo had it coming for being so coy about the release schedule. Why do we need to announce the announcement a release date? What is this, Atlus?

I know development and release schedules fluctuate and it isn't always easy to pin down an exact date, but if someone at Nintendo said something like "we're hoping for a late July release, early August at the latest" that would have been perfectly fine. A little transparency isn't a bad thing.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Series: Mortal Kombat
Fighters: Scorpion, Sub-Zero
Stage: The Pit
Music: Techno Syndrome - Mortal Kombat (1995), The Living Forrest - Mortal Kombat 2, The Courtyard - Mortal Kombat , The Pit - Mortal Kombat (2011)
Goro’s Lair - Mortal Kombat, The Wastelands - Mortal Kombat 2, Warriors Shrine - Mortal Kombat, The Deadpool - Mortal Kombat (2011), Sky Temple - Mortal Kombat X, Dead Woods - Mortal Kombat X, Tournament Theme - Mortal Kombat 11, Kronika’s Hourglass - Mortal Kombat 11
Spirits: Liu Kang, Kung Lao, Raiden, Johnny Cage, Sonya Blade, Jax Briggs, Kitana, Kano, Goro, Shang Tsung, Shao Kahn

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Everyone:

Fire Emblem Three Houses may end up being my favorite RPG of all time.

That is all.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

KAZOOIE HAS THE RUN SOUND IM DONE

Last edited:

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Alright, after a few edits, it's finally up and ready to go!

I'm sure my next piece will be on whatever happens tomorrow. After that? I'm considering doing a "What could have been!" series that focuses on characters disconfirmed from Smash that fans don't always think about or cast aside.
That's a really cool idea.

I look forward to reading them.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Everyone:

Fire Emblem Three Houses may end up being my favorite RPG of all time.

That is all.
gotta say i've not had a game consume multiple days of my life quite like this in years

to think i was so sceptical and even cynical about it two months ago when it might actually be one of the best entries in the entire franchise

D

Deleted member

I'm not really someone interested in Fire Emblem, but I may give the game a chance for my birthday.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ll get Three Houses eventually

Eventually

I ****ing love living on the brink of poverty guys. It’s the best.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Then how long is it?
On the 22nd hour of the 22nd day since the 22nd "Hero is dropping this week" leak, the mistranslated 22 minute demo featuring Sakurai will begin and last a total of 22 seconds, followed by the announcement that Hero releases at 22:22 PM, following the maintenance that will begin 22 hours later.

staindgrey

Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
gotta say i've not had a game consume multiple days of my life quite like this in years

to think i was so sceptical and even cynical about it two months ago when it might actually be one of the best entries in the entire franchise
Well so much of it reminds me of what Dragon Age II was or tried to be, but with refined Fire Emblem elements and more replayability due to the varying routes. And DAII is my favorite RPG.

This game is hitting every positive note for me and I'm not even out of the first act yet. I'm blown away.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
On the 22nd hour of the 22nd day since the 22nd "Hero is dropping this week" leak, the mistranslated 22 minute demo featuring Sakurai will begin and last a total of 22 seconds, followed by the announcement that Hero releases at 22:22 PM, following the maintenance that will begin 22 hours later.
this is a subtle reference to the fact that hero is the 2nd fighter's pass character

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom