• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Really? MORE Fire Emblem? Look. I get you like the series but...

Okay. Before I come of as a jerk, let me make a point. There are certain characters I want but don’t ask for. I would love to bring in Raiden from MGS, or Dig Dug, or any one of my top 50 favorite Pokémon, or characters from Diddy Kong Racing/Donkey Kong Country, or Mortal Kombat and Killer Instinct Fighters. But I don’t often bring them up or even say they should happen because there are other characters who deserve it more (characters I don’t even like).

Fire Emblem has plenty of roster representation in Smash. You want new stages, music, spirits, heck even bosses, I’m all for it. But proportional to the importance of the series and how many characters other more important franchises have, Fire Emblem is way over what should have been its maximum. And the only reason for that is that it has a new cast every single game.

All this is to keep the roster evergreen. To make it so that people don’t look back and scratch their heads at why Robin is here, they were just the flavor of the week protagonist from that one game a decade ago.
In my eyes, the more stuff a franchise has represented doesn't necessarily mean it's more important than the other ones that have less.

If anything, it just means this franchise has a very nice variety in terms of what it offers when it comes to fun characters, stages, and so on.

Tbh, I really hate when people make the representation matter more than the potential.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ok, the fact Lyn is Roy’s mother feels as too much for me.

I didn’t see that one coming... like at all.

...Yeah, this got awkward.

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Sure, Fire Emblem has a lot of characters. But remember, despite the backlash the current roster has shown, there’s been demand for basically all but 1 of them. Marth is a classic, Lucina is popular, Robin had demand pre-Wii U and is arguably the most unique, Ike is one of the most popular lords, Chrom was highly requested for Ultimate, Roy was a major request upon his absence in Brawl...the only one who wasn’t actually requested all that much is Corrin.
Easy way to fix that,

Replace her. :azura:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
In my eyes, the more stuff a franchise has represented doesn't necessarily mean it's more important than the other ones that have less.

If anything, it just means this franchise has a very nice variety in terms of what it offers when it comes to fun characters, stages, and so on.

Tbh, I really hate when people make the representation matter more than the potential.
I get that. I really do. But that’s just not how this seems to work. At least in the era of Ultimate where slots just aren’t as abundant as the used to be.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I barely started playing Three Houses and I want Dimitri as the next DLC character.

He got a lance, so he wouldn't be another swordman!:grin:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Three Houses is pretty great so far yeah, I admire it for doing something different despite coming off the back of such successful titles as it had on the 3DS. This type of gameplay really has to be the standard for the series going into the future imo, I don't think the school setting should follow, but it'll be difficult to just go back to oldschool FE again after having been granted so much control over things.

I love how some of the Switch titles have innovated on their previously established formulars btw, both Odyssey and BotW are wildly different games from FE, but they can be compared in the sense that all three titles strive to make the player feel as much freedom as possible. Odyssey is linear in how you progress through the worlds, but lets the player discover moons by himself, and post-game just lets you do whatever you want to, while BotW obviously leaves the entire world open to you after its brief introduction, you don't even need to do any of the Divine Beast stuff. They do it in different ways, but their goal is the same, which is to give the player as many options as possible, and I'd love to see other series follow suit (Pokémon, Kirby and Metroid).

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Who is Lyndis?

Is she the one people tend to refer to as Lyn?

Or is she a different character and Lyn is actually Roy’s sister or something like that?

Edit: They are the same character wtf!?
Lyndis is Lyn, yep.

I don't think that Lyn is the actual canon pairing for Eliwood, though.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ok, the fact Lyn is Roy’s mother feels as too much for me.

I didn’t see that one coming... like at all.
DO NOT LISTEN TO THAT WICKED WENCHES LIES

IT'S A CONSPIRACY

LYNDIS ISN'T ABSOLUTELY 100% only maybe until IS has the balls to confirm it HIS MOM BECAUSE FE6 DIDN'T EVEN ESTABLISH LYNDIS' EXISTENCE BECAUSE SHE DIDN'T EXIST UNTIL FE7

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Each post regarding Fire Emblem on this thread makes me feel more ******** at a speed too fast to handle.

I feel like those freaking grandfathers trying to play the PS4 with their nephews due to how freaking out of tune and insecure I feel.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Each post regarding Fire Emblem on this thread makes me feel more ******** at a speed too fast to handle.

I feel like those freaking grandfathers trying to play the PS4 with their nephews due to how freaking out of tune and insecure I feel.
Ok, I say it before, but chill man, it ain't some deluxe FE club here, you're cool.

D

Deleted member

Thinking about watching Toradora finally after finishing Daredevil season 2.
I just made a quick Google search about Toradora.

The show does seem pretty promising at first glance, so maybe you should give it the benefit of the doubt and check it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
The idea that the roster is made up by a finite number of "slots/reps" is something the creators of the game do not take into consideration at all.

There's no quota for any series/character except for extremely specific instances (usually along the lines of "we saved a spot for a new Pokémon"), there is only what we as a fanbase perceive as "the rules" and more often than not, they're not even set in stone ("you can't add Corrin, they already added Roy!"). Which leads to stigmatism against certain trends (anime swordsmen, wasted "slots" on unimportant NPCs, etc.), and eventually every little trend/development winds up leading to confirmation bias.

I don't particularly care for the Fire Embull, but even I can see an addition wouldn't do any actual harm to this game's roster. Same with any other series getting more love than the others. If the character/potential moveset is neat/unique enough, then the more the merrier (plus more music/stages also never hurt, even Corrin didn't get more than 2 songs and trophies).

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
hold it right there sir, this is a fire emblem only zone

View attachment 232849

please present your blue-haired lords and characters of questionable ages to the gate for inspection
Funny that when I was hooked on Melee and Brawl I always made fun of the FE characters and knew literally no one who played their games.

Now I'm an addict with FEH open every day and I've played every one but the NES games and New MotE.

Or Tokyo Mirage Sessions if we're counting that.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Ok, I say it before, but chill man, it ain't some deluxe FE club here, you're cool.
Preach it, Baldy McNosehair.

FE7 is actually the only game in the series that I've completed so far, although I have played through the bulk of FE6 as well. My knowledge of the series is definitely not the greatest.

D

Deleted member

The idea that the roster is made up by a finite number of "slots/reps" is something the creators of the game do not take into consideration at all.

There's no quota for any series/character except for extremely specific instances (usually along the lines of "we saved a spot for a new Pokémon"), there is only what we as a fanbase perceive as "the rules" and more often than not, they're not even set in stone ("you can't add Corrin, they already added Roy!") which leads to stigmatism against certain trends (anime swordsmen, wasted "slots" on unimportant NPCs, etc.), and eventually every little trend/development leading to confirmation bias.

I don't particularly care for the Fire Embull, but even I can see an addition wouldn't do any actual harm to this game's roster. Same with any other series getting more love than the others. If the character/potential moveset is neat/unique enough, then the more the merrier (plus more music/stages also never hurt, even Corrin didn't get more than 2 songs and trophies).
Finally a post to bring what’s left of my sanity and dignity back

Yeah I agree, Sakurai can honestly add whoever he wants.

And people should learn to let others support whoever they want already.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
you know, nohr being a mythical kingdom in fire emblem explains a lot. if it's just a fairy tale, no wonder it's written so poorly

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
played like 6 hours of three houses today, there hasn't been a game that's kept my attention for so long since I played Cave Story

D

Deleted member

I think I don’t belong on this thread anymore.

I feel ashamed of myself, lacking any dignity and social skill to be here.

Hopefully I can return when my ignorance regarding Fire Emblem is less clear on the chat for people to play with it.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Hopefully I can return when my ignorance regarding Fire Emblem is less clear on the chat for people to play with it.
please say sike

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Chief, there is no reason as to why you should feel bad about not knowing about a game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Yeah totally it isn't.

Wink.
If you think about it hard enough, Ralsei is kinda like a FE lord.
Preach it, Baldy McNosehair.

FE7 is actually the only game in the series that I've completed so far, although I have played through the bulk of FE6 as well. My knowledge of the series is definitely not the greatest.
Excuse me, I'm the mother****ing Glitch
I'm the glitch.gif

I ain't some saturday cartoon vilain!! i'm the best of da best!

Fro real tho, the only FE I finished was Awakening, I was quit close for Conquest & Birthright, but I never got around to finish both of them, and I barely played the start of FE7.

So I ain't FE expert or anything, if anything, I'm quit lost at time too when FE talk come around. All I know for sure is that Lyn is best girl.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom