• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
The only reason why I'm against another FE character is because historically, a lot of their attacks require their sword, and there's only so many ways you can swing a sword. Even when you look at Robin, his four special attacks are really the only things that make him truly stand out. So far, Corrin is the only one that's had a moveset that barely makes use of his sword, and we all saw how well he ended up being recieved.

Now I know we could easily get someone who doesn't have a sword, but after seven FE characters, I have my reasons to be worried. If we're just gonna get a character like Robin or Hero who relies on his specials to stand out, I'd prefer getting someone entirely different.

This is one of the reasons why I'm so quick to support Pokemon characters. Out of the ten we have so far, only one plays similar to another character (and that's because it's literally the unevolved form of an existing character). If you can get past the "too many Pokemon reps" arguement, there's actually a lot of reasons why they're more exciting additions than people realize.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

I got back my Youtube channel. All my videos, all my subscribers, all their comments, everything.

It took a week and a half and Youtube did **** to help, but I finally got it back.

****ing yes.
Happy for ya, but this still means you have to delete that other channel you made to upload the Fire Emblem video, so really you're still going to have to sacrifice a child.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I like this vid. I like it a lot.
I disagree with the main point--I feel like Sakurai has said more than enough "We're still working on them, so they will be released when they're finished." That's not the problem--it is an issue of being cagey about a release date, when they know it and it's set in stone, yet when they accidentally imply it through other means, delete/rename stuff in an attempt to avoid letting people know, in vain. As he said, people will be just as hyped, if not more, if they announce when the character is released once the date is set in stone, but instead they try to keep it super secret and allow people's speculations and expectations go haywire.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
We got lucky.

The copyright troll wouldn't answer emails to any of the three accounts we knew of. So we called him directly through the phone number listed in their business listing. He didn't want any more fuss so he removed the copyright claims his bots made. He never even looked at what the videos are.

Then around 30hrs later Youtube put the videos back up.

So we avoided any legal battles or pressuring Youtube to act. We just confronted a troll whose sole job is to send bots after videos and he backed off.
That was a much easier solution than what I was expecting, honestly. I’d consider that a good thing.

Last edited:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
I’m sorry. I don’t know why I have such a problem with this.
I get it. Part of the fun of Smash is seeing that balanced distribution of franchises. Smash feels like it's own unique entity because no one series dominates to a strong degree. So yes, representation is part of the appeal.

I mean, I remember thinking it was cool Marth got in BECAUSE he was so different from the other fighters in Melee. The serious Japanese guy with a sword fighting Mario was delightful.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I automatically disregard any argument about FE characters that begins with "To many swords*
Well, it is a valid complaint to an extent. A lot of the swordfighters have very similar attacks. How many up-Smashes feature a character shoving their sword vertically in the air or swinging their sword in a large overhead arch?

I'm obviously not saying you can't make a swordfighter unique, but there's only so much you can do for tilts, aeriels, and Smash attacks if a sword is involved.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh ****, its midnight.

Gotta go now, sorry guys, see ya tomorrow.
2v92Klo.gif

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, it is a valid complaint to an extent. A lot of the swordfighters have very similar attacks. How many up-Smashes feature a character shoving their sword vertically in the air or swinging their sword in a large overhead arch?

I'm obviously not saying you can't make a swordfighter unique, but there's only so much you can do for tilts, aeriels, and Smash attacks if a sword is involved.
yeah but now it just seems like a lazy compaint to me.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Yeah I'm tired. Wasn't thinking before I posted.
Hi tired! I’m Scol!
do i need to make you take a class from mr. hahn aka Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones

he teaches english right i dont remember
>mentions me, an English teacher, with two sentences with improper capitalization, missing apostrophes, a lack of punctuation.

> uses my real last name, also not capitalizing the first letter of my last name

19DA1E5C-C10D-43C4-B0AA-A7B6E71B2F5E.jpeg

You need to stay after school.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Above everything, we really need more gunner characters. For whatever reason, Smash has really struggled finding characters with guns or blasters in this era of video games, even though they're a dime a dozen anywhere else.
I remembered some days ago that Falcon has had a gun with him the whole time and never uses it in any way, it's just there for decoration.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Above everything, we really need more gunner characters.
So in other words, you're now okay with Geno?
I dunno if you can edit 4chan posts but it correctly guessed 3 4 8 and 11.
You can't edit 4chan posts. Also, 3, 8, and 11 are all safe bets, being the Japanese favorite, Western favorite, and newest one.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Some 4chan post that guessed every Hero alt correctly, Banjo and also has Monster Hunter and Doomguy

does he have the link tho

Iridium

Smash Hero
So, let’s play a game. One of your favorite gaming series gets representation in Smash. What do they get? Here’s my idea.

Series: Overwatch
Fighter(s): Tracer, Reaper
Stage: King’s Row
Music: Rally The Heroes, Temple of Anubis, King’s Row, All-Stars Main Menu Theme
Spirits: Ana, Ashe, Baptiste, Bastion, Brigette, D.va, Doomfist, Genji, Hanzo, Junkrat, Lucio, McCree, Mei, Mercy, Moira, Orisa, Pharah, Reinhardt, Roadhog, Sigma, Soldier 76, Sombra Symmetra, Torbjorn, Widowmaker, Winston, Wrecking Ball, Zarya, Zenyatta
Series: Ninja Gaiden
Fighter: Ryu Hayabusa
Stage: Hayabusa Village
Music: Unbreakable Determination, Battling Precariously, Iron and Sword, Emperor, Battle With the Dead, Approaching Evil, Domination of Darkness, Nowhere to Run, Weapons Lab, The Lava Tunnels, Inverted Catwalk, Castle Rock Entry Hall, Ninja Gaiden (reboot) Theme, Pushing Onward...yeah, many tracks.
Spirits: Hayabusa*, Irene Lew, Jaquio, Ashtar, Doku, Kureha, Momiji, Kasumi*, Jô Hayabusa, Ayane, The Malice Four, The Demon, Sanji, Robert T. Sturgeon, Rachel...yeah, many characters.

*Fighter spirit
*Not that Kasumi. Please no.

Above everything, we really need more gunner characters. For whatever reason, Smash has really struggled finding characters with guns or blasters in this era of video games, even though they're a dime a dozen anywhere else.
Saki Amamiya would have been perfect for both. Too bad his franchise isn't getting far.

4’s pretty popular in Japan too. Isn’t the upcoming movie based on that? Or was it 5?
It's based on 5.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As far as I'm concerned and I know this is a shocker since I've complained in the past about the number of FE reps.

The entire population of the Officers Acadmey can be playable in Smash for all I care. Yes. All of them.

Three Houses is an incredible game so far.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
So in other words, you're now okay with Geno?
I don't have a problem with his potential moveset or anything. I just feel like he'd be too awkward of an addition to the rest of the very modern Mario cast.

I don't know if that's a valid enough reason to not want a character, but until he makes a return and does something notable, that's just how I feel.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Some 4chan post that guessed every Hero alt correctly, Banjo and also has Monster Hunter and Doomguy

Probably not real but also people are sleeping hardcore on a Hunter anyway. World pushed Monster Hunter into the mainstream on a worldwide scale and it has a rich history with Nintendo, not to mention it's already in the game via Rathalos.
IMO if we get a Capcom character is between them, an RE character or Wright

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Also, 3, 8, and 11 are all safe bets, being the Japanese favorite, Western favorite, and newest one.
Reminder that around that time we were all banking on solely Erdrick, not necessarily multiple Heroes

Oh yeah, and they actually refer to them as Hero.

And what about the female alt we all saw as inevitable? Not mentioned in this leak whatsoever

Not sayin it's legit or anything, but I'd at least keep a close eye on it.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just saying that this should be one to keep an eye on for now.

It's not it'll even have that long to wait since we'll probably get a Direct in September or October.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm just saying that this should be one to keep an eye on for now.
not until you give me the link to the archive

if its just a screenshot im gonna post the penn jilette pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom