• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
So in other words, you're now okay with Geno?

You can't edit 4chan posts. Also, 3, 8, and 11 are all safe bets, being the Japanese favorite, Western favorite, and newest one.
It's only a safe bet in retrospect. There were a lot of people prior to Hero's announcement who thought there'd be male/female alts for the characters, and were disappointed that was not the case. Or one other alt character. Or just alt colors for Erdrick. To specify that four were from those series, and 4 others are alt color variants--that's way too specific.

Not going to make a decision on what I think of this yet, though.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
4’s pretty popular in Japan too. Isn’t the upcoming movie based on that? Or was it 5?
5 is actually more popular than 4. Guessing all of the Hero alts and Banjo Kazooie together is something to consider. I'm not ready to believe this leak but at the very least it did get some things right.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
5 is actually more popular than 4. Guessing all of the Hero alts and Banjo Kazooie together is something to consider. I'm not ready to believe this leak but at the very least it did get some things right.
They couldn’t use the 5 Hero as an alt tho on account of him being a child (as opposed to 3/4/8/11 being late teens/young adults and roughly the same height)

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Well Madason uses a staff so he couldn't be an alt. The poster was probably a DQ fan who knew the series pretty well.

Graizen

Smash Champion
Series: Digimon
Fighter: Agumon
Stage: Digital World
Music: File City (Digimon World), Battle Medley (Digimon World), Machinedramon Battle (Digimon World), Asuka City (Digimon World 3), Royal Knight's Battle Theme (Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth)
Boss: Machinedramon
Spirits: Agumon, Botamon, Koromon, Gabumon, Biyomon, Tentomon, Palmon, Gomamon, Patamon, Veemon, Guilmon, Betamon, Greymon, Gatomon, Tyrannomon, Leomon, Numemon, Sukamon, MetalGreymon (Virus), WarGreymon, MetalGarurumon, Machinedramon, Omnimon, Alphamon, Digi-Egg, Digivice, Digimon Virtual Pet Toy

...Might have gotten a little carried away with the Spirits, but there are so many iconic ones to get through, so it was difficult to limit myself. It's in no way realistic, as is evident by me putting a boss there when there's no indication we'll get any for DLC, but it's all in good fun.
Machinedramon theme from Next Order is a good one as well

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
It's not that uncommon for someone to use upcoming info to make their leak seem real. Remember that one leak that mentioned Joker and Mementos, only to end up being fake in the end?

I don't know the context behind this leak, but if it was made only a few days before E3, I can't say I'd be willing to pay too much attention to it.

(Edit: Seems like it was made in December. Regardless, it's written out like a wish list of sorts. The person could've genuinely gotten lucky.)

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Despite everything weirdly going for the leak, I'm still not gonna buy it.

If anything, this is could very well just be someone who only knew about a couple stuff regarding Hero and maybe Banjo and just made up the rest.

Just because a part of a leak is legit doesn't mean the rest is,

Reminder that the ESRB leak had some completely false info about Smash 4 DLC sprinkled in

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
lets be honest

like, really honest

4 is the only reason anyone would raise an eyebrow at a text leak because no one expected him nor really cared

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Happy for ya, but this still means you have to delete that other channel you made to upload the Fire Emblem video, so really you're still going to have to sacrifice a child.
Oh you mean this video that I just reuploaded?

Yeah I'm cool with it. I never wanted the backup channel to begin with. I just wanted my friends to see the video before Three Houses came out. It didn't even have 300 views in a week's time.

The timing was terrible and ruined my hype and hurt us in terms of gaining views and everything sucked. BUT. I have my channel back, I put up my video, it's done.

Anyway, hope the FE fans here appreciate it. That was a ton of work. And Gentlepanda Gentlepanda helped by making the background in RPGMaker for me. Thanks dude.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
monster hunter would be a bit of a meh choice for me since i want phoenix

but doomguy?

1564439322908.png

we stan that

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
They couldn’t use the 5 Hero as an alt tho on account of him being a child (as opposed to 3/4/8/11 being late teens/young adults and roughly the same height)
I dunno he looks fine to me, the only reason I imagine they wouldn't pick him is because he uses a staff instead of a sword.

hero.jpg

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I can understand not believing it because it's a 4chan wishlist. But in terms of 4chan rumors, this has been those most predictive. At a time where everyone was saying "Erdrick", this is one of the few that not only got the number of alt characters right, but the series right as well.

There's always the possibility that a) they were lucky guesses, some wishlists on here have done that, or b) they knew some info, and manufactured the rest. But in terms of the *content* of the post itself, there are no red flags.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Either way August will probably be another gloomy month just like the grinch week, or when the 5ch rumor was alive.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, 5 has a timeskip in it.

Hell, one of the plot points is getting married. It's one of the first "waifu wars" games ever made.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
There's one thing I'd like to point out about this leak.

"Dragon Quest 3, 4, 8, or 11 hero, alt colors based on the rest of the series."

Sounds like this person was thinking only one of them would be chosen, with the rest being color alts. Gives me more reason to think this was luck.

And predicting Banjo isn't necessarily a huge accomplishment. How many people had Banjo in their wish lists predictions?

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh you mean this video that I just reuploaded?

-snip-

Yeah I'm cool with it. I never wanted the backup channel to begin with. I just wanted my friends to see the video before Three Houses came out. It didn't even have 300 views in a week's time.

The timing was terrible and ruined my hype and hurt us in terms of gaining views and everything sucked. BUT. I have my channel back, I put up my video, it's done.

Anyway, hope the FE fans here appreciate it. That was a ton of work. And Gentlepanda Gentlepanda helped by making the background in RPGMaker for me. Thanks dude.
I really wish I had the skill and talent that you all do, haha. Your content never ceases to amaze.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
monster hunter would be a bit of a meh choice for me since i want phoenix

but doomguy?

View attachment 232876

we stan that
give me the trailer where he blows up ridley

dont worry he comes back as the meta ridley alt in the end so it all makes sense

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
It’s definitely the most believable leak but I am skeptical someone in December would know all the characters.

Doom Slayer without the classic design and Monster Hunter would be pretty boring personally.

D

Deleted member

So turns out I got payed 15 for the role, not 30.

I doubt anyone cares, but if I didn’t clarify I’d probably melt.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Sounds like this person was thinking only one of them would be chosen, with the rest being color alts. Gives me more reason to think this was luck.

And predicting Banjo isn't necessarily a huge accomplishment. How many people had Banjo in their wish lists predictions?
Honestly, some people were already thinking it could be Luminary instead or multiple Heroes, too.

D

Deleted member

I can finally breathe a sigh of relief.

I got back my Youtube channel. All my videos, all my subscribers, all their comments, everything.

It took a week and a half and Youtube did **** to help, but I finally got it back.

****ing yes.
dude

dude

dude

Uhhhhhhhhdgghahfhahfja That’s awesome. So happy for you dude. Glad this worked out :)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

Here's the thing, though...

3, 8, and 11 I completely get

But wouldn't they have mentioned 5 instead of 4 assuming that one's the more popular pick?

4 was just an overall weird choice compared to the other three, all things considered. Don't think he's as popular as them.

And if they were thinking that only one would be chosen, you're technically no longer limited by 5's weapon of choice getting in the way.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey so uh

Anyone else having trouble searching the #SmashBros hashtag on Twitter? Like getting posts that don’t have the hashtag or even unrelated stuff?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
doomguy would give me something actually worth my money in this pass

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The "leak" was answering the OP's question and followed their rules, another post in the same thread listed off characters as well. They just wanted to say who their real most-wanted still were when ignoring the non-Nintendo idea the OP had.

I really think it's only being seen as a leak because it was taken without context and now "leak hype" is going around.

Last edited:

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
It’s definitely the most believable leak but I am skeptical someone in December would know all the characters.

Doom Slayer without the classic design and Monster Hunter would be pretty boring personally.
Given these characters were likely picked and went through months of deliberations prior to Sakurai saying in November that it was finalized, I actually wouldn't be surprised if someone knew all of them by December. Vergeben likely knew about Minecraft content coming to Smash all the way back in April 2018--much earlier than I would have originally thought (if true, that's still a rumor that, while likely correct, hasn't been proven).

I agree with others this would be a disappointing final 2, particularly since there's already MH content in the game. But I already expected the last 2 to not top the first 3, so not much changed there. If true, it would still be interesting to see how they pull it off.

NabiscoFelt

Smash Journeyman
I think, if this is a legit leak, it's a pretty simple and honestly somewhat clever idea to post a wishlist composing of the actual DLC. I don't think being presented as a wishlist precludes this from being a legitimate leak.

Plus the characters are hardly surprising. Monster Hunter is on a huge upswing in popularity after World, they've teased something that might well be a new Switch MonHun game, and it's a pretty long running series with sufficient Nintendo ties. Doomguy has been speculated for a while now, and honestly with Master Chief probably out of consideration, there's no better FPS rep than the father of them all. Plus all the Doom games will likely be on Switch by the end of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom