• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I can agree with that to an extent. Meta Knight doesn't bother me as much, and that's because he's really different from the other swordfighters. Specials aside, him being super small and having the ability to fly with bat wings makes him stand out from the rest of the pack.
Agreed. If there were more sword fighters with more unique designs like Meta Knight, I'd have zero problems with another sword fighter. Sora's an example of a character who, while fitting the sword keyblade archetype, nevertheless looks different and unique enough to where I'd actually like the character.

EDIT:
So sad, the true Capcom character alongside Megaman and Ryu is Arthur ! :crying:
While I don't necessarily need Arthur in as a character, there being no Ghosts 'n Goblins stage or music does feel like a missed opportunity. I'd love it.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So, on the topic of Capcom reps, can someone explain to me what the appeal of an RE character would be? I'm not familiar at all with the series, so all I see is "has gun". And say what you want about there being only so many ways to swing a sword, but there's really only one way to shoot a gun
joker shoots it like a novice, gangsta style, sideways with one hand

jill is an actually trained officer who isnt doing gun parkour

joker can shoot :GCL::GCR::GCU::GCD: but like hell if he will ever learn how to do :GCUR::GCUL::GCDR::GCDL:

besides its obviously wesker anyway

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So. Is Sakurai’s thing really gonna be live or is it just going to be a casual pre-recorded thing. I mean, they can do subtitles live but.... I prefer dubbed anime.
who even dubs over sakurai's voice in the directs

does he even have a name

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
So. Is Sakurai’s thing really gonna be live or is it just going to be a casual pre-recorded thing. I mean, they can do subtitles live but.... I prefer dubbed anime.
Even if it is actually live, they will probably translate it aloud live. The Pokemon live stream thing where they announced Sleep was done that way.

I also prefer dubbed anime, if I wanted to read I'd pick up a manga.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I get it. Part of the fun of Smash is seeing that balanced distribution of franchises. Smash feels like it's own unique entity because no one series dominates to a strong degree. So yes, representation is part of the appeal.

I mean, I remember thinking it was cool Marth got in BECAUSE he was so different from the other fighters in Melee. The serious Japanese guy with a sword fighting Mario was delightful.
I agree with this wholeheartedly. It’s the fun of crossovers. No one price should really eclipse the other without good reason.
Agreed. If there were more sword fighters with more unique designs like Meta Knight, I'd have zero problems with another sword fighter. Sora's an example of a character who, while fitting the sword keyblade archetype, nevertheless looks different and unique enough to where I'd actually like the character.

EDIT:

While I don't necessarily need Arthur in as a character, there being no Ghosts 'n Goblins stage or music does feel like a missed opportunity. I'd love it.
This line of conversation reminds me of when one of my friends told me Shovel Knight would just be another swirdfighter. God I wish Sakurai had just saved him, Isaac, and Spring Man for the DLC instead of doing the trophies.

Also, Arthur would be a cool character and a Haunted Village stage would rock.

Noipoi

Howdy!
And about that leak:

It’s alright. The characters don’t really wow me, but I already got Banjo goddamn Kazooie so I’m not complaining.

CallMeKnux

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0424-3957-0991
That leak's come here? I'm excited if its real. They're not my dream characters or the most hyped characters, but I like the choices and I think they'll make people happy if the leak is legit.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Even if it is actually live, they will probably translate it aloud live. The Pokemon live stream thing where they announced Sleep was done that way.

I also prefer dubbed anime, if I wanted to read I'd pick up a manga.
I want to know who does Sakurai’s English voice. I want to hire him.
And about that leak:

It’s alright. The characters don’t really wow me, but I already got Banjo goddamn Kazooie so I’m not complaining.
Wait. What leak. I missed what you’re talking about.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
guys why are you still treating it as a leak

we showed hours ago that it was just a wishlist taken out of context

D

Deleted member

Would be funny if that was the lineup. As for the supposed leak, I'm not paying it much attention.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
I agree with this wholeheartedly. It’s the fun of crossovers. No one price should really eclipse the other without good reason.

This line of conversation reminds me of when one of my friends told me Shovel Knight would just be another swirdfighter. God I wish Sakurai had just saved him, Isaac, and Spring Man for the DLC instead of doing the trophies.

Also, Arthur would be a cool character and a Haunted Village stage would rock.
Yeah, it's funny how I'd love Isaac, but another FE character leaves me cold. Just much more of a cartoon-y character, and it's refreshing when compared against to the more realistic, blue/white haired FE characters. Also his assist trophy, and people's explanations of his magic system, differentiates him enough. Shovel Knight's another example of a sword shovel fighter who'd be unique.

I guess the issue is with so many great and unique choices, why does the sword characters that do get in always feel bland in comparison--I think that is what leads to the criticism.

EDIT:
Pre-4chan rumor: These rumors are so fake, they say Erdrick, when we got 4 heroes.
Post-4chan rumor: This rumor is so fake, they predicted not just Erdrick but 3 other heroes correctly with nothing wrong.

I'm still skeptical, since this is a 4chan rumor, but as 4chan rumors go, it's been the best one. I see a lot of alternate history and goalpost moving going on here.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Part of the reason I want Zacian is because I'm legitimately interested to see how people complain.

Will it be "Just another anime swordfighter,", "Too many Pokemon,", or "Sword and Shield shouldn't be represented in Smash."?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

What I find funny of the sword talk is that Corrin being one of the most unique swordsmans and archetype in general is also one of the most hated characters. Like they are an awful protagonist, but are pretty fun concept-wise at least in the moveset.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
Part of the reason I want Zacian is because I'm legitimately interested to see how people complain.

Will it be "Just another anime swordfighter,", "Too many Pokemon,", or "Sword and Shield shouldn't be represented in Smash."?
"It's just another anime swordsmon."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What I find funny of the sword talk is that Corrin being one of the most unique swordsmans and archetype in general is also one of the most hated characters. Like they are an awful protagonist, but are pretty fun concept-wise at least in the moveset.
The timing of being a second FE DLC doesn't help either. If it was someone else from a series not in DLC, veteran or otherwise, it'd be less of an issue. Corrin probably would've been received overall better if s/he was a newcomer in Ultimate. I don't think the timing would've worked relevancy-wise, but it was the latest FE game even when Ultimate released.

I love the character, but I get where people are coming from with FE taking more DLC slots than any other series.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I didn’t see this out of context rumor but I really doubt monster hunter getting in.

Capcom and Sakurai gave it a lot of love already and it a character was coming it probably would have happened. They seem pretty content with the content now

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
if sakurai himself said fire emblem needs to chill on the count and he went too far, he needs to chill on the count and went too far

chrom is just lucky he's in a game where everyone is here and he's 95% already used assets. look at his reveal bit from the direct, he barely looked polished

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
fire emblem purge? defs gonna happen, dude. im betting on it next smash bros.

i definitely see :4corrin: biting the dust 100%, just me tho

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

I think it would be more likely to be Roy, semi clones are the ones that are usually cut

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238

I'd prefer cutting Roy/Chrom before Corrin, just because I'd hate to say goodbye to one of the more unique FE characters.

But yeah, out of all the franchises, I feel like it'd be easiest to cut characters from FE. That's one of the cons about a revolving cast.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I think it would be more likely to be Roy, semi clones are the ones that are usually cut
I'd prefer cutting Roy/Chrom before Corrin, just because I'd hate to say goodbye to one of the more unique FE characters.

But yeah, out of all the franchises, I feel like it'd be easiest to cut characters from FE. That's one of the cons about a revolving cast.
nah i just dont like fates or anything from fates

except ryoma, ryoma can live

D

Deleted member

Only way I could sew Corrin gone, is with another character replacing them.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So is this thing in half an hour or 12 and a half hours? I've been getting mixed messages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom