• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I will make the bet even better:

I will do the American Dad thing if BOTH the Yangus Mii costume and the presence of the song War Cry are revealed tomorrow.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
IDK. It just feels weird and it’s another example of Nintendo just refusing to follow regular patterns like other game devs.
The thing with patterns, is that they can be pretty dang predictable, and that can get pretty dull and tiring fast.

Idk, I like this sense of surprise and unpredictablity that Nintendo's going for. It's way more fun, if you ask me.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I need a ~heeerooo~

Typical that it happens and releases on my vacation week but I do have good connection and bought the pass before leaving. Might sneak in a late night session when girlfriend goes to bed...

D

Deleted member

"Refusing"? Nobody forces them to follow a pattern.
Sakurai: Hey, who’s knocking my door?

*door gets blown out of the entrance*

FBI, YOU MUST FOLLOW THIS SPECIFIC PATTERN FOR YOUR REVEALS OR YOU WILL BE SEND TO THE PENTAGON AT THE UNITATED STATES

Sakurai: WHAT THE FREAKING ****!?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
IDK. It just feels weird and it’s another example of Nintendo just refusing to follow regular patterns like other game devs.
because Nintendo. Isnt. Others

Nintendo. Is. Nintendo

Nintendo has always been about doing their own thing and not being copy cats cough SONY cough

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Again, Ninty could go the FighterZ route when it comes to showcasing DLC.

Want to see DLC mishandles? Just look at how horrible Bandai and ArcSys fumbled the bag with GT Goku.
Nintendo UK revealed Janemba yesterday but they took it down already :b

Last edited by a moderator:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Anyway, seems like team July was right. This is the first time I’ve really speculated on when a fighter would release, but it seems like I was right. Cool.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
King Sonnn DeDeDoo King Sonnn DeDeDoo , Gyrom8 Gyrom8 , KarneraMythos KarneraMythos , KMDP KMDP , Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! & @Taylor F
Last level for a while uploaded.

Curse of the Fortress of Sand

ID: 6GC-3FY-6VF

In this quit long & challenging level, Kamek & his minions have take over a old fortress in the desert and curse with magic & various traps so that you, who got lost in the desert and are forced to enter it, will die in the process, of course, you're a Superstar, so conquer Kamek challenges & get out of this place!

Now with that done, time to play FE for a while.:4larry:

D

Deleted member

I’m sorry for any time i’ve been a total **** wad. I’ve been an absolutely horrible person and I can’t make up for it enough.
Look at the bright side.

At least people don’t discredit anything cool you’ve done on the internet in general because of a false believe about you loving just a single thing.

That’s a better start, and you honestly are at time of improving pretty quickly.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
This is the kind of silly stuff I make in my free-time:

I merged together Chara from Undertale with Zdeno Chara; Boston Bruins defenseman, in GIMP:

zdeno chara CHARA.png

Here he is, punching opponents and unleashing max damage.
This is what I do when I'm bored. :p This is what my life has become.

D

Deleted member

I wish the DQ8 Hero support thread was still open, ngl.

I understand why it got closed and find it fine, but I enjoyed posting there a lot.

The general Hero social thread isn’t bad, but it feels kind of different for me even though I don’t know for sure why.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Man. What a weird mix of things in my head right now. FusionFall. Marvel vs. Capcom. Quinton Reviews. Contra Points, and Dragon Quest is also kind of their.
Man, I miss Fusion Fall. Wish it had a sequel that's actually good.

D

Deleted member

I’m honestly thinking about dropping the idea of making Ultimate screenshots themed about Metroid and Dragon Quest to just play the game and leave it at that, as much as it saddens me to.

Why put care and time into photos that while you have waited years to make and share on the internet... will be just ignored and rejected for not being the stuff people associate you with due to stupid reasons?

It’s like making a cake for a party just to have everyone throw it for not being the cupcakes you did that one time at a wedding.

Iridium

Smash Hero
By the end of the Fighters Pass, Sakurai will probably call out every leaker on his hit list and start a raid.

I just realized that Midna's name came from the word Midnight.
And Link got his name because he is supposed to be a link between the past and future. Makes sense now with the timelines that exist.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
I work RIGHT as the Livestream starts. But at least my first hour will be exciting! I'm expecting a fun chill gameplay demonstration and then later a video on the YouTube showing off spirits, Mii costumes, etc. Should be fun.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’m honestly thinking about dropping the idea of making Ultimate screenshots themed about Metroid and Dragon Quest to just play the game and leave it at that, as much as it saddens me to.

Why put care and time into photos that while you have waited years to make and share on the internet... will be just ignored and rejected for not being the stuff people associate you with due to stupid reasons?

It’s like making a cake for a party just to have everyone throw it for not being the cupcakes you did that one time at a wedding.
Dude. People aren't going to ignore you if you do stuff that's not Marvel. It hurts my heart to hear you talk like this.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Eh. FusionFall Heroes was good for like, an hour. I wouldn’t mind seeing some sort of improved take on it.

You playing FusionFall Retro?
Nope, but I check it out once in a while.

Not sure about anyone else, but I associate you with DQ and Metroid, as much as I do with Crash, Godzilla, villains and Fantastic Four. You have very specific interests.

D

Deleted member

Dude. People aren't going to ignore you if you do stuff that's not Marvel. It hurts my heart to hear you talk like this.
Sorry if I’m making you feel bad, maybe this intense track of awesome luck I had since June is making me paranoic.

But ok, maybe I’ll try to at least make 10 screenshots, see how well received they are and if I feel that a few more can be fine do some extra shots.

Hopefully you are right about this.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Nope, but I check it out once in a while.

Not sure about anyone else, but I associate you with DQ and Metroid, as much as I do with Crash, Godzilla, villains and Fantastic Four. You have very specific interests.
I was playing constantly for a long time. Then I dropped it to focus on school. But now I’m back in and playing. I just love it to bits. Especially the new stuff they’re adding.

D

Deleted member

You just gave me a huge smile for actually nailing each one of my interests.

You really know me well, and I find that awesome.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was playing constantly for a long time. Then I dropped it to focus on school. But now I’m back in and playing. I just love it to bits. Especially the new stuff they’re adding.
You know what i’d Love? A Nickelodeon version of FusionFall. Same concept. Same villain. Just with Nicktoons. It is a fan project after all.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
It’s going to be weird actually playing Smash, considering I haven’t played it for roughly over a month. Granted, it was a challenge I placed on myself in order to get through more of my backlog, especially with games like Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Three Houses coming out.

I’m curious to see how the formatting of this presentation changes how things get revealed for the 4.0 update. Sure, it’s not the same content drop as Joker got. However, I don’t think Sakurai is literally just going to play as Hero and call it a day. That would be a miserable showing of what fans can expect in terms of modes, Miis, and other desirable content.

Anyway, I should probably do some cleaning and finish up my damn article.

D

Deleted member

I think that Sakurai will try to make each character's release as different as possible.

With Joker we got a trailer shadowdrop for the update followed by the release a day after and now with Hero he is making a livestream featuring himself.

Maybe with Banjo they could make the release of the character happen alongside the release of any product involving Banjo through a general Direct announcement.

In general, I am fine with this choice from Sakurai's part if that is the case. It gives each fighter pass character even more stuff to be remembered about regarding this DLC speculation cycle on their own, and may inspire some creativity when it comes to videogames announcements on the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom