• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather not be caught in a grude match between two "teams", whatever the hell that's all abouf.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'd rather not be caught in a grudge match between two "teams", whatever the hell that's all abouf.
...there's no grudge match. A few people in the Hero forum are losing their minds over the release date, but that's it.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
worlds will burn as masahiro sakurai reveals live on camera that hero's other spells are in fact a single separate RNG move

Shroob

Sup?
Not gonna lie tho.

I'm kinda.....not....expecting a new mode?

Like, I 'want' Home Run Contest, but I'm steeling myself to just get 22 minutes of Sakurai showing off every small detail.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
Not gonna lie tho.

I'm kinda.....not....expecting a new mode?

Like, I 'want' Home Run Contest, but I'm steeling myself to just get 22 minutes of Sakurai showing off every small detail.
the format of sakurai just showing off the game instead of a direct-style presentation doesn't really lend itself well to stuff like mii costumes or new modes

but we'll see

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Bit late to the whole Hero getting a direct imminently news

Sounds cool, but I'll be on a train at the time and won't be able to watch it live

This goes to show that we can't really anticipate how the rest of the DLC will be covered though - surprise drop for Joker while Hero gets a pre-announced Sakurai talk through

StormC

Smash Hero
the format of sakurai just showing off the game instead of a direct-style presentation doesn't really lend itself well to stuff like mii costumes or new modes

but we'll see
I mean, we don't really know what the format of the video will look like. It's very possible it will still have standard Direct-like segments.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
can't wait for 22 minutes of sakurai going on quickplay with hero and bodying joker mains

Shroob

Sup?
t-5 minutes til

"HEY GUYS, JON HERE TO TELL YOU THAT NINTENDO OF EUROPE ACCIDENTALLY LEAKED HERO'S RELEASE DATE!"

Alternis

Ignore the user in front of you
NNID
GeneralO
Switch FC
SW-1137-6792-9994
Extremely late, but what a great surprise! Finally the wait for Hero comes to a close. Crazy to think we've been talking about him for more than half a year. :081:

Also lol at Nintendo accidentally showing a little too much again.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So when Sakurai does a 22 minute demo, does that mean he's gonna do every single move in training mode, only at the end going back and remembering to do the tilts? or is it more pre-packaged?

Last edited:

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
Thinks I'm most looking forward to in order:
1. Finding out how tf the Hero specials roulette works
2. Who's getting skinned (or in Geno's case, chucked in the wood chipper) and turned into Mii costumes
3. Mysterious new/returning modes? OooooOOoooOooh

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I guess it's still technically premature to say this, but I think July was pretty obvious after that promo video they released.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm thinking, if it's 22 minutes then chances are they'll show off things besides the hero, even if it's just Mii fighter costumes.

Gyrom8

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-4844-4242-3130
22 minutes of Sakurai waiting for The Hero's alts to appear on the character select screen

D

Deleted member

Hopefully this site adds emotes for the other heroes besides Luminary to use in our mains list sometime after the update drops.

And expect a lot of in-game screenshots on the 31st featuring both the DQ8 Hero and :ultsamus: from my part.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
22 minutes is quite a lot of time, even Joker's presentation only took 15 minutes, and that was packed with exciting stuff. I get that the format will be different with this one, so the comparison might not mean much, but it's not like it's just going to be uncut footage of Sakurai messing around, the man is exceptional at stitching presentations together, and this is still being described as a video presentation even if it's not referred to as a Direct.

I get why people prefer to keep expectations low, but I'm pretty hopeful for tomorrow, Sakurai and co. have given me no reason to be anything but that. Obviously I'm not expecting anything on the character front other than Hero, but I'm very optimistic about getting a new mode, as well as one or two smaller surprises.

D

Deleted member

22 minutes is quite a lot of time, even Joker's presentation only took 15 minutes, and that was packed with exciting stuff. I get that the format will be different with this one, so the comparison might not mean much, but it's not like it's just going to be uncut footage of Sakurai messing around, the man is exceptional at stitching presentations together, and this is still being described as a video presentation even if it's not referred to as a Direct.

I get why people prefer to keep expectations low, but I'm pretty hopeful for tomorrow, Sakurai and co. have given me no reason to be anything but that. Obviously I'm not expecting anything on the character front other than Hero, but I'm very optimistic about getting a new mode, as well as one or two smaller surprises.
What matters for me the most is that I may finally have one of my pipe dream crossovers become real alongside these amazing songs to make things better:

Saying that I’m excited would not be enough to share how huge my hype is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom