• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

StormC

Smash Hero
Also, I know I'm a zoomer here, but uh...

Ya'll giving me the stereotypical "The 90s were sooo much better" vibe that nobody really enjoys. I don't know if that was the intent, but I just feel that energy.
Honestly most of my favorite cartoons, or at least the ones that have stuck with me well into adulthood, are from the early-mid 2000s. Teen Titans, Samurai Jack, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Batman Beyond, Justice League, even Danny Phantom to an extent (I don't actually think it's that great of a show objectively, but I have a ton of nostalgia for it all the same). Like I said earlier... I missed the boat on SpongeBob, so.

At least for kid cartoons. The first eight seasons of the Simpsons are a contender for the greatest television series of all time.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm not in any great rush to play as Hero so I'm fine with waiting a day or so to download him.

Now, Banjo... there will be blood shed over getting Banjo downloaded.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lets be honest guys. This century has spawned some pretty great movie franchises.

The Fast and the Furious, MCU, How to Train Your Dragon, MonsterVerse, etc.

We all can agree on that right?

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Also, I know I'm a zoomer here, but uh...

Ya'll giving me the stereotypical "The 90s were sooo much better" vibe that nobody really enjoys. I don't know if that was the intent, but I just feel that energy.
I mean, a lot of things in the 90s were legitimately great. Admittedly, it might be because I was a kid then, but my memory of the 90s is just better than now in a lot of ways.

Not that things now suck, I would have **** my pants in amazement if I saw Smash Ultimate, anything in the MCU, Breath of the Wild, or Rogue One in 1999 or whatever.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Don't look at me, I'm still waiting for a movie as good as Mummy (1999).

Almost anything is better than the Star Wars movies of the current century.
Each to their own, but none of the new Star Wars movies strike me as anything worse than mediocre.

Rogue One had a very emotionally strong ending despite the weird pacing and new trilogy has fun characters if not anything else. Solo was boring but it's hardly the worst action movie around.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, a lot of things in the 90s were legitimately great. Admittedly, it might be because I was a kid then, but my memory of the 90s is just better than now in a lot of ways.

Not that things now suck, I would have **** my pants in amazement if I saw Smash Ultimate, anything in the MCU, Breath of the Wild, or Rogue One in 1999 or whatever.
The 90's were amazing.

Because the internet was still in its youth and you didn't get to see other people's thoughts and opinions daily outside your community's.

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Each to their own, but none of the new Star Wars movies strike me as anything worse than mediocre.

Rogue One had a very emotionally strong ending despite the weird pacing and new trilogy has fun characters if not anything else.
I've sat through three current decade Star Wars movies, two were boring, one was an abortion of a film. I have no intention to go through a foruth one.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
- and finally, that WoL-related thing they were teasing in Hero’s trailer... which is surprise, just the ability to put the Galeem and Dharkon auras/fake fighter effects on anyone you choose, it’s treated separately from alts. Expecting an actual WoL Expansion? Too bad!
i'd be very surprised if this actually amounted to anything and wasn't just nintendo's way of accommodating for square's bizarre 'the heroes can only be fighting evil characters' crossover rule that kept them, among other rules (like heroes can't fight heroes), from appearing even in games like DQ warriors

if they didn't use dharkon characters, they would've been limited to smash's handful of villains for the trailer

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
They really should had ended the films with RotJ. Had a perfect ending. The empire was defeated, Anakin died with redemption with good still in him and every could finally settle down. Makes its ending all pointless now.

And then the new movies came where Hans goes back to smuggling, Luke becomes a deranged hermit that left his friends and the galaxy under threat and the empire came back bigger then ever...Way to screw it up Disney...

As far as I'm concerned though its in my head it ended with RotJ.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
if they didn't use dharkon characters, they would've been limited to smash's handful of villains for the trailer
That would've been sick though, honestly. Like, imagine Luminary facing off against Bowser, Ganondorf, K. Rool, Ridley, and Wolf in a full CG cinematic?

osby

Smash Obsessed
The 90's were amazing.

Because the internet was still in its youth and you didn't get to see other people's thoughts and opinions daily outside your community's.
I know you're joking, but let's be honest, internet is great for geeks. I'd never have anyone except my brother to talk about games or comics if it wasn't for the internet.

i'd be very surprised if this actually amounted to anything and wasn't just nintendo's way of accommodating for square's bizarre 'the heroes can only be fighting evil characters' crossover rule that kept them, among other rules (like heroes can't fight heroes), from appearing even in games like DQ warriors

I don't expect it to mean anything, but we still have plenty of villains to use in a trailer.

StormC

Smash Hero
They really should had ended the films with RotJ. Had a perfect ending. The empire was defeated, Anakin died with redemption with good still in him and every could finally settle down.

And then the new movies came where Hans goes back to smuggling, Luke becomes a deranged hermit that left his friends and the galaxy under threat and the empire came back bigger then ever...Way to screw it up Disney...
The Force Awakens made 2 billion dollars, so I wouldn't say they screwed it up.

Shroob

Sup?
I know you're joking, but let's be honest, internet is great for geeks. I'd never have anyone except my brother to talk about games or comics if it wasn't for the internet.

I don't expect it to mean anything, but we still have plenty of villains to use in a trailer.
Wait, you think I'm joking?

I coulda gone my whole life without **** like Myspace, Facebook, Twitter and Reddit lol. I've seen.... SO much **** fester and spew out of social media it's not funny.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Force Awakens made 2 billion dollars, so I wouldn't say they screwed it up.
IMO which it didn't. All that film was is just a remake of A New Hope. Also are Bayformers, Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey good movies then because they made lot of money?

If you loved the film that's fine though. I can't change anyone's opinion and everyone is different when it comes to that. Simply agree to disagree and to each their own. ;)

Last edited:

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
big brain theory: sakurai is showing off hero in this unusual live gameplay format instead of a regular direct because he really doesn't want to draw attention to the complete lack of DQ music coming in the update

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait, you think I'm joking?

I coulda gone my whole life without **** like Myspace, Facebook, Twitter and Reddit lol. I've seen.... SO much **** fester and spew out of social media it's not funny.
Sturgeon's Law and all.

I complain about fandoms all the time, but a great minority makes them worth going through the bad apples. Usually. I definitely get it if you feel otherwise.

Shroob

Sup?
big brain theory: sakurai is showing off hero in this unusual live gameplay format instead of a regular direct because he really doesn't want to draw attention to the complete lack of DQ music coming in the update
Don't you put that evil on me, Ricky Bobby.
Don't you put that on us.

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
The 90's were amazing.

My experience with the internet in the 90s was... I think I brought a permission slip home sometime between 97 and 2000 that my parents had to sign, allowing me to use the internet. Then I believe we had designated times we were allowed to use the computers for just about anything we wanted, so I would wait 10 minutes or more for a video to load on StupidVideos or EbaumsWorld, or play something like that snowball fight game on CoffeebreakArcade. And somehow I feel nostalgia for the anticipation I would feel while things loaded.

I've enjoyed all of the new Star Wars movies.
I feel really sad when I see people **** on the new movies like they do. I've had a lot of fun with each one.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 232782

Star Wars? Marvel? They're all the same.

Movie debates are such a pain.
Wouldn't a better rhyme would be "movie debates are quite lame"?
Hope not, I get the feeling Sakurai could be presenting alongside one of the DQ producers.

Shroob

Sup?
My experience with the internet in the 90s was... I think I brought a permission slip home sometime between 97 and 2000 that my parents had to sign, allowing me to use the internet. Then I believe we had designated times we were allowed to use the computers for just about anything we wanted, so I would wait 10 minutes or more for a video to load on StupidVideos or EbaumsWorld, or play something like that snowball fight game on CoffeebreakArcade. And somehow I feel nostalgia for the anticipation I would feel while things loaded.

I feel really sad when I see people **** on the new movies like they do. I've had a lot of fun with each one.
Still pains me we lost that 'other' site that's not ebaum's.

Dunno if we're allowed to say it's name because the staff is super jumpy lately and I don't want another infracterino

StormC

Smash Hero
Sugiyama is credited in the Hero trailer, and Nintendo is publishing DQ11, so I'm pretty sure they've got a decent amount of tracks for Smash.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Because were on the topic of movies.

Favorite animated film: The Brave Little Toaster/The Prince of Egypt
Favorite kaiju film: Heisei Gamera Trilogy
Favorite killer creature film: Alligator (1980)
Favorite superhero movie: Guardians of the Galaxy 1 & 2
Favorite horror film: Krampus (2015)
Favorite post-apocalyptic film: Reign of Fire
Favorite historic film: Gladiator

Just to list a few.

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
A Goofy Movie is one of my favorite animated movies. It just oozes the 90s

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Still pains me we lost that 'other' site that's not ebaum's.

Dunno if we're allowed to say it's name because the staff is super jumpy lately and I don't want another infracterino
PM me, I have no idea what site you mean haha.
They really should had ended the films with RotJ. Had a perfect ending. The empire was defeated, Anakin died with redemption with good still in him and every could finally settle down. Makes its ending all pointless now.

As far as I'm concerned though its in my head it ended with RotJ.
You can say that all you want, but Return of the Jedi was literally never meant to be the end of the saga. There have been plans for a sequel trilogy as far back as the 80s.

Star Wars opinion time: In my opinion RotJ is not only the worst of the original trilogy, but actually just not a good movie. It has a handful of good scenes, but everything about it feels like a cluster**** and I never want to see those stupid bears again.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
As we speak. Crawl has made 45.9 million against its 13.5 million dollar budget.

At this point I'd go on to say its at least made a good profit. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom