• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Oh my God, one of my favorite Flanks in Paladins went from Anime Wolverine to Beach Bruh Wolverine in his new skin.
Watch out hE'S GOT A SUPER SOAKER--

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Spongebob still should had ended after the first movie after originally planned. I think the show has ran long enough as has Simpsons and Family Guy as well.

Like if Nick keeps him as their mascot as Disney does with Mickey it'd still work.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Spongebob still should had ended after the first movie after originally planned. I think the show has ran long enough as has Simpsons and Family Guy as well.
I mean, that's a pretty common sentiment.

Didn't Spenge release its first 3 seasons exclusively as a "the first 100" set because they knew people only wanted Seasons 1-3?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Like if Nick keeps him as their mascot as Disney does with Mickey it'd still work.
Disney still makes shows with Mickey and to be honest, what they had going with classic Mickey was genius.

To the point, Spongebob could of continued, but... not like this.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I still find Spongebib entertaining to this day. The 20th anniversary special that aired recently was legit REALLY good.

With that said, Camp Corral, the upcoming spinoff, shouldn't exist at all.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Disney still makes shows with Mickey and to be honest, what they had going with classic Mickey was genius.

To the point, Spongebob could of continued, but... not like this.
Yup. If they want to continue Spongebob at least end the show as it is and stick to maybe just shorts instead and as said their mascot.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist

:/ After the first movie (that left me rather speechless, and not for a good reason), the show started to not feel as comical as before. And then it got worse to the point of being annoying instead of funny. Feeling that part of my childhood had this...rather drastic change made me feel sad.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You realize those episodes aired a decade ago, right?
Still such a show shouldn't have ran for so long. At least IMO though its one of those shows I feel has ran its course as with Simpsons and Family Guy.

In fact many franchises shouldn't even run this long to begin with since Spongebob isn't one of those shows that have deep storylines to begin with.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Let me catch you up to speed:
This sounds AWESOME! I'd love to see this come to life man! In terms of a partner idea, I think a Dry Bones would really cool to add.

In a really "Paper Mario" est way i'd imagine he'd have a nickname of Shy Bones. I think a great story would be that he lives in a rather poor village, so to gain money and prove his friends wrong about how shy and weak he is, would try to join Bowser's army. But would be rejected and made fun of by Bowser at obe point being too weak, so then he'd meet Mario, and in an interesting twist his brother would've actually really liked and admired Mario, so Shy would then decide to join Mario after hearing of the situation going on.

Just an idea though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
:/ After the first movie (that left me rather speechless, and not for a good reason), the show started to not feel as comical as before. And then it got worse to the point of being annoying instead of funny. Feeling that part of my childhood had this...rather drastic change made me feel sad.
How grateful we should be that 90's Nick shows ended where they were especially my favorite childhood show The Angry Beavers and shows like Regular Show (My favorite cartoon of this generation alongside Rick and Morty) ending on a good note rather then dragging it on and milking it dry.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
But if you want my full thoughts, Seasons 8 and 5 weren't all bad (mediocre-ish at its most), and I enjoyed most of Seasons 4, 9, and 10-12. Really, I only truly dislike seasons 6 and 7, which again, were a decade ago.

I still feel as if there's more good Spongebib than bad Spongebob overall, even if it was going through a rough time in the late 2000s-early 2010s.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
And despite for how long Fast and the Furious has been going on. That too will actually be ending in a few years with Fast and Furious 10 in 2021.

10 films, 2 spin-offs and an NetFlix animated series for two decades. That's a pretty good run if you ask me. ;)

I'm grateful of that for that too.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, I know I'm a zoomer here, but uh...

Ya'll giving me the stereotypical "The 90s were sooo much better" vibe that nobody really enjoys. I don't know if that was the intent, but I just feel that energy.

Shroob

Sup?
And despite for how long Fast and the Furious has been going on. That too will actually be ending in a few years with Fast and Furious 10 in 2021.

10 films, 2 spin-offs and an NetFlix animated series for two decades. That's a pretty good run if you ask me. ;)

............Jesus christ they made HOW many of those? :drflip:

StormC

Smash Hero

They aren't going to end it for real until it stops being profitable.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
............Jesus christ they made HOW many of those? :drflip:
From race car driving and stealing DVD players to becoming international spies saving the world and taking on an nuclear Russian submarine to prevent World War III. That's where the franchise has lead to so far.

So stupid (In a good way) I love it!!!! :grin:

And to think this now competes with Star Wars and the MCU in the box office.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
From race car driving and stealing DVD players to becoming international spies saving the world and taking on an nuclear Russian submarine to prevent World War III. That's where the franchise has lead to so far.

So stupid (In a good way) I love it!!!! :grin:

And to think this now competes with Star Wars and the MCU in the box office.
I've lost what little faith I had left in the human race.

StormC

Smash Hero
Last edited:

Striga

Smash Journeyman
Samurai Jack, Avatar The Last Airbender, Ben 10, and Generator Rex. My childhood cartoons thst I enjoy.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The last two movies made a billion dollars and Universal is expanding it into spin-offs. They aren't stopping this franchise anytime soon. This will just be the end of the era with Vin Diesel et. al.
I'm perfectly fine with spin-offs tbh (Especially if Hobbs & Shaw continues which I'd look forward too) anyways since it'd be different and such. I guess what they meant was the main series.

Kinda like the Infinity Saga in the MCU.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Ya'll giving me the stereotypical "The 90s were sooo much better" vibe that nobody really enjoys. I don't know if that was the intent, but I just feel that energy.
I mean

Can't argue with the truth :2gud:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
>TFW when The Fast and the Furious has ran for longer then the MCU.
>FTW The Fast and the Furious has better world building and an consistent continuity then the MCU.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This sounds AWESOME! I'd love to see this come to life man! In terms of a partner idea, I think a Dry Bones would really cool to add.

In a really "Paper Mario" est way i'd imagine he'd have a nickname of Shy Bones. I think a great story would be that he lives in a rather poor village, so to gain money and prove his friends wrong about how shy and weak he is, would try to join Bowser's army. But would be rejected and made fun of by Bowser at obe point being too weak, so then he'd meet Mario, and in an interesting twist his brother would've actually really liked and admired Mario, so Shy would then decide to join Mario after hearing of the situation going on.

Just an idea though.
Thank you! I really like that idea and I think that has potential, NGL I kinda wanna see if I can write out these characters a bit more.

Was I supposed to tag you Wademan94 Wademan94 ? I thought you were reading along :yoshi:
What do you mean?

StormC

Smash Hero
I've lost what little faith I had left in the human race.
To be fair it's kind of inflated because of China. China loves these movies. They made up nearly 40% of the overseas box office intake for the last movie.

>FTW The Fast and the Furious has better world building and an consistent continuity then the MCU.
Not even close. The MCU built a franchise around a B-list superhero starring a washed up has-been and it has led to the highest grossing movie of all time.

D

Deleted member

>TFW when The Fast and the Furious has ran for longer then the MCU.
Isn't The Fast and the Furious a franchise with half the movies as the MCU and are pretty linear continuity-wise?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Thank you! I really like that idea and I think that has potential, NGL I kinda wanna see if I can write out these characters a bit more.

What do you mean?
The post I made earlier...

He could be a vigilante who eats criminals and doesn't turn them into eggs afterwards :yoshi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'll never get tired of The Fast and the Furious once it continues with these spin-offs especially if Hobbs & Shaw gets sequels. So crazy over the top and action packed its just too fun to not love!

Especially given how it all started and where it is now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's the same for every generation, selective memory regarding stuff that was good. No one remembers stuff that was crappy like the multitude of Sonic wannabes gaming-wise or the awful TMNT wannabies cartoon-wise for example.

Just remember Grampa Simpson wise words:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom