• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I mentioned this before but I wanted to clarify, i wanted to sacrifice number of partners for partners with more potential for abilities inside and outside of battle as well as more personality, story relevance, etc. so I’m looking for species within the Mario series that have a wider range of potential abilities just as a preface.
I'm sorry, but my bois are the only ones I can think of with an explicit range of abilities they can utilize

I think Yoshis have like 40 abilities or something :yoshi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thankfully the situation is nothing that nasty or serious. But his actions and general behavior in his recent years has still damaged his reputation more than a little bit.
Yeah I gotcha. Even then though at least in the case with the creator of the Loud House. David Savino (I think that was his name?) I recall apologized for his misconduct.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Big Chuck and Rezqueen like to argue over who's stronger and can throw farther, but are basically your average pair of friends. Big Chuck is sensitive and was lonely, though, but he's still a strong chuckya; he can throw you up high, and can explode like a Bob-omb if he wants to.

Fizzfuzz is a young fuzzy that worked as one of Bowser's minions, but saw Mario and became a big fan. He joined Mario on his quest for whatever and showed he's just a funny little dude...with a weird taste for sucking the life and power out of enemies.

Thorni is a sweet pokey but is sometimes a sourpuss and can anger easily on certain occasions, mostly because of enemies or just annoying obstacles. She's cheerful and happy to help Mario and co., however, and can take a lot of normal hits while even effecting enemies with poison.

Toad is Toad and Nintendo needs to start using him instead of Blue Toad and Yellow Toad.
...that was pretty fast. But I like a lot of these ideas so far. I especially want to see more partner to partner interaction as well, maybe there could be team attacks between partners and you acquire/level them in using a heart to heart mechanic like the Xenoblade games.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
THE THOUSAND YEAR DOOR: REMASTERED
With New: Luigi Mode!
Paper Luigi: Waffle Quest

...that was pretty fast. But I like a lot of these ideas so far. I especially want to see more partner to partner interaction as well, maybe there could be team attacks between partners and you acquire/level them in using a heart to heart mechanic like the Xenoblade games.
Sounds good to me.

Maybe Thorni could get mad if Big Chuck explodes and you're standing next to him. I'm not sure about Fizzfuzz, maybe he'd try to suck life out of Jaki's machines or something or be interested in that kind of stuff.

Last edited:

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Also, a suggestion that SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 gave me recently was a character that was a parody for your stereotypical JRPG protagonist, like a Cloud or Squall expy, and I’m trying to figure out what species in the series could fit that archetype.
Wasn't it your idea to have my ***hole Yoshi be like that?

No one expects the Yoshi :yoshi:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Aight check it

Main Burrbo’s name is Bristle. He’s lazy, kinda jerky, and generally unmotivated about taking the throne. So he’s really hoping Mario will take his place after the adventure. He really only wants what’s best for his people, and he doesn’t think he’s what his people need. On the Quest he finds self confidence, stops being such a lazy bum, and learns to lead his people.

I dunno maybe queen rez doesn’t like him at first. Doesn’t think he acts very prince-y. But they bond and **** and then she acts almost motherly towards him, in a stern kind of way. Pushing him in the right direction.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, a suggestion that SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 gave me recently was a character that was a parody for your stereotypical JRPG protagonist, like a Cloud or Squall expy, and I’m trying to figure out what species in the series could fit that archetype.
I can see a Toad or a Bro. working out.

Like, a Sword Bro. or something.
Or an ultra serious Toad who goes crazy due to the zanyness of the Mario World.

Idk.

D

Deleted member

Nickelodeon and its related stuff. Most notably how much Butch Hartman, creator of Fairly Odd Parents and Danny Phantom has fallen.
Oooooo i'll get in on that action, didn't know we could talk about that in this thread. I'm mainly dissapointed in what COULD be with Nick. They really have just destroyed so many potentially great ideas for shows and turned them into... well you know.

What made FoP specifically sad for me was how it went from being funny and relatable to outright one of the worst cartoons of it's time tbh tbh. Damny Phantom anime or re-make (so as long as it's good) would be super hype though

Zinith

Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
I think it was between that or one of the Koopa variants, maybe because they were the only suggestions at the time that could carry a ridiculous unorthodox weapon.
I'll call him Roshi

He's Red, aggressive, leather-jacket wearing and axe-wielding. Later it would be revealed why he acts so different from a Yoshi...

I dunno, still developing :yoshi:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It definitely makes me glad Nick shows of the 90s ended where they were that way they wouldn't be *******ized how current shows that ran for so long had been like Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'll call him Roshi

He's Red, aggressive, leather-jacket wearing and axe-wielding. Later it would be revealed why he acts so different from a Yoshi...

One day he learned the all you can eat buffet wasn’t actually all you can eat.

He was never the same...

D

Deleted member

I'll call him Roshi

I'm so sorry to say this but straight throwing facts I HATE Yoshi, like with a passion, no matter what Yoshi it is.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
This is the kind of stuff I have in mind:

-Rezqueen has potential to utilize her horns for picking up and throwing objects and enemies, brute force to charge through obstacles with Mario riding on her back and a number of fire attacks.
View attachment 232771

-Jakitu has her mechanically enhanced cloud that can move across dangerous terrain like Lakilester but also has a super jump using a spring and a number of electrical attacks and abilities (could spin around Mario to give him temporary Zap Tap Badge effects), while Jaki herself can throw Spinies and use her mechanics knowledge for different functions like puzzles.
View attachment 232772
:3 Did you make those doodles? They are great! And also adorable!

D

Deleted member

It definitely makes me glad Nick shows of the 90s ended where they were that way they wouldn't be *******ized how current shows that ran for so long had been like Fairly Odd Parents and Spongebob.
May not be Nick but we got some pretty good cartoons this time around at the very least, though far and few inbetween. Like Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Steven Universe and Gravity Falls.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On another note. 4 more days until I see Hobbs & Shaw!!!!

And little over a month away too until Godzilla: King of the Monsters comes out on disc. :grin:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I also need to work on my main antagonist too, what I initially had in mind was a powerful being who was an artist that owned the sketchbook and pencil characters here
1FF5C022-C5D0-47F8-8508-981084F18E9C.jpeg
who felt empty with her current work but came across Bowser and decided to make him her muse, helping create new forces and improving his current ones but the two are not happy about this so they flee and seek help from Mario, the two end up separated, one with Mario and one with Peach, and the artist’s seeks to reclaim those two while working with Bowser. I don’t feel like she’s engaging enough so far though, any feedback or more ideas on this?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
May not be Nick but we got some pretty good cartoons this time around at the very least, though far and few inbetween. Like Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Steven Universe and Gravity Falls.
Oh absolutely I definitely don't deny that. I've been meaning to wanting to actually getting around to watching Star vs. The Forces of Evil and Gravity Falls at some point and while Nick isn't as it has used to be The Loud House is relatively decent at best despite its cringy fanbase (The shippings of Lincoln with his sisters. Incest is wrong whether its fiction or not and anyone who supports it I'll be looking at you irregularity).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So I also need to work on my main antagonist too, what I initially had in mind was a powerful being who was an artist that owned the sketchbook and pencil characters here
View attachment 232776
who felt empty with her current work but came across Bowser and decided to make him her muse, helping create new forces and improving his current ones but the two are not happy about this so they flee and seek help from Mario, the two end up separated, one with Mario and one with Peach, and the artist’s seeks to reclaim those two while working with Bowser. I don’t feel like she’s engaging enough so far though, any feedback or more ideas on this?

Oh? Are you sharing ideas for like a new Paper Mario game or something? I'm def willing to listen if so

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Thank you! They’re just rough sketches right now and I’ll do more as I flesh them out.
xD Would you believe me if I said that for a second I thought they were actual concept art from Nintendo? :3 Despite being rough sketches, they looked REALLY good!

Noipoi

Howdy!
View attachment 232776
Here’s the thing with mario villains, at least in my opinion.

You gotta either:

1. Make em tragic, or
2. Make em bat **** insane.
3. But no matter what, she’s gotta be funny.

I would pick one of the two and focus on it. Count Bleck was tragic, and funny. Fawful is crazy and hilarious. Not telling you to copy them, but in games like this funny villains stick out in people’s minds.

At least, that’s my dumb opinion.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Oh? Are you sharing ideas for like a new Paper Mario game or something? I'm def willing to listen if so
Let me catch you up to speed:

So to start, I want to return the series to its traditional formula with some potential QOL changes but I also wanted to incorporate and better flesh out some elements from SS and CS that have potential.

The partners would return and instead I wanted to limit the number of partners to around 4 or 5 but they’d be much more fleshed out in terms of story relevance, personality, moves inside and outside battle, etc. One such partner I had in mind was a female Reznor I’ve named Rezqueen who’d have a number of abilities and attacks with her horns, fireballs, strength, etc.

The companion character(s) I have are a duo of a magic sentient sketchbook and pencil (who communicate through written dialogue) that potentially belong to the main villain and get separated within the story, Mario has one, Peach has the other. It’s here where I’m thinking about turning this into a story where Peach gets her own side with her own gameplay, battles, partners, etc. (Two of Peach’s partners would be a Toad retainer and Daisy)

A potential villain I have in mind is an artistic sorcerer/sorceress who becomes interested in Bowser and his forces and decides to make him their muse. The sketchbook and pencil see their user becoming obsessed and making dangerous creations and decide to try and stop him/her.
Some other stuff I forgot to mention is that the classic badges would be back but visually resemble the stickers or cards that the characters would have placed in their dedicated pages in the sketchbook so it’s more visually changed than anything.
-This game will have two halves, one half will be Mario’s side and the other will be Peach’s. Both will have their own levels, battles, partners, etc.

-the “Tattle” characters will be a sentient sketchbook and pencil that are incapable of vocal speaking, only using writing. Mario would have one and Peach would have the other, I wanted to think of designs that were a bit more complex than objects with eyes so if anyone has any ideas for how I could make the designs more interesting let me know

I plan on giving Mario and Peach at least 4 partners that would have more functions, abilities, character, story relevance, etc. in exchange for less partners. Two of Mario’s partners I have in mind are:
  • Rezqueen: female Reznor whose 4 children were kidnapped and joins Mario to rescue them. She attacks with her horns and fireballs and Mario can ride on her back and basically Rambo any obstacles in her way
  • Jacquetu (name pending): female Lakitu who works as a Cloud mechanic. Her Cloud is weaker than normal ones as it’s unable to fly high on its own power so she outfitted it with mechanical enhancements to help it like propellers and lightning rods.
Peach I just had Daisy and possibly a Toad retainer with a spear. If anyone has any more potential partner ideas or any design elements I should incorporate, please let me know.
This is the kind of stuff I have in mind:

-Rezqueen has potential to utilize her horns for picking up and throwing objects and enemies, brute force to charge through obstacles with Mario riding on her back and a number of fire attacks.
View attachment 232771

-Jakitu has her mechanically enhanced cloud that can move across dangerous terrain like Lakilester but also has a super jump using a spring and a number of electrical attacks and abilities (could spin around Mario to give him temporary Zap Tap Badge effects), while Jaki herself can throw Spinies and use her mechanics knowledge for different functions like puzzles.
View attachment 232772

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I have no clue on what made them keep FoP for so long. Like, I get Spongebob, but FoP?

And the issues qith both were completely different. Spongebob just needed a boost in writing quality, which it did get later on. FoP was beyond saving with its inconsitencies and extra characters.

Speaking of which, remember Timmy's friends? They phased out completely near the end of the shows lifespan.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm so sorry to say this but straight throwing facts I HATE Yoshi, like with a passion, no matter what Yoshi it is.
listen man, the wreck wasnt yoshis fault

you gotta let it go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom