• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Specifically, a few pages back Noipoi made a joke that was like "can't wait until Hero is released so we can talk about a character I actually like" and someone went ridiculous and told him to "grow up" because he talks about not liking Hero too often. It was just stupid and I felt the need to vent about how annoyingly childish it was to tell someone to "grow up" over that.
Yeah, I have to agree, that was pretty much a no no. I wouldn't say things like that myself.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Also could I please get some more response to this?
So I’m gonna continue working on a few more potential Paper Mario partner/character ideas, I have a few species in mind and I’d like some help deciding which one I should do next:
  • Either a Dry Bones or a Tostarenan
  • Broozer
  • Scuttlebug
  • Snow Spike
  • A type of Piranha Plant that doesn’t shoot fire
  • Any other Mario enemy or species you’d like to suggest
And if anyone has any interesting ideas for any of them, please let me know...

Noipoi

Howdy!
So I’m gonna continue working on a few more potential Paper Mario partner/character ideas, I have a few species in mind and I’d like some help deciding which one I should do next:
  • Either a Dry Bones or a Tostarenan
  • Broozer
  • Scuttlebug
  • Snow Spike
  • A type of Piranha Plant that doesn’t shoot fire
  • Any other Mario enemy or species you’d like to suggest
And if anyone has any interesting ideas for any of them, please let me know...
A small tribe of Burrbos who see Mario as their new king after he saves them from [INSERT PLOT DEVICE]

Seeing as how they are many they could all hold up Mario to allow him to reach high places. He could throw them at enemies. They could all attach to him, becoming a spiky suit of armor that hurts anyone who makes physical contact.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given both Rocko and Zim are getting new NetFlix TV movies. I'm hoping at some chance they'll do the same for Angry Beavers.

Rumors also has it that the show might get a reboot called Angry Beavers ReSpooted which I'd be fine with as under the condition it only goes for like 50 episodes or so. Because quality over quantity.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I mentioned this before but I wanted to clarify, i wanted to sacrifice number of partners for partners with more potential for abilities inside and outside of battle as well as more personality, story relevance, etc. so I’m looking for species within the Mario series that have a wider range of potential abilities just as a preface.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
nah most of the new stuff they have is worse

fanboy wasnt as bad as people put it out, it only just looked bad
Well Nick isn't as it once was but I haven't been really following up on it. Only shows I know at this point currently running is the horrible Rise of the Ninja Turtles and then there's The Loud House which is probably the only decent show left on Nick at this point.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Given both Rocko and Zim are getting new NetFlix TV movies. I'm hoping at some chance they'll do the same for Angry Beavers.

Rumors also has it that the show might get a reboot called Angry Beavers ReSpooted which I'd be fine with as under the condition it only goes for like 50 episodes or so. Because quality over quantity.
I'm still waiting for a potential My Life as a Teenage Robot reboot. Or a 4th season. Or a Netflix movie like those two. Any of those would be welcome.

If Butch Hartman hadn't been...the way he has been for the past several years now, I might've been up for more Danny Phantom, too. At least Zim's finally getting that movie that was promised years back.

StormC

Smash Hero
I'm still waiting for a potential My Life as a Teenage Robot reboot. Or a 4th season. Or a Netflix movie like those two. Any of those would be welcome.

If Butch Hartman hadn't been...the way he has been for the past several years now, I might've been up for more Danny Phantom, too. At least Zim's finally getting that movie that was promised years back.
Danny Phantom coming back would be pointless without Steve Marmel. He was the head writer who actually put in a lot of the cool stuff in the series, and got fired after season 2 because he wanted to take the show in a darker direction. Without Steve Marmel, you get season 3, and well... yeah.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I mentioned this before but I wanted to clarify, i wanted to sacrifice number of partners for partners with more potential for abilities inside and outside of battle as well as more personality, story relevance, etc. so I’m looking for species within the Mario series that have a wider range of potential abilities just as a preface.
oh.

A Pokey could have poison, and...uh...could take no damage from normal melee attacks until they're just a head...?

Fuzzies could steal opponents' HP and FP.

I also saw the SM64 hacker, Kaze Emanuar, use a Chuckya which could throw you over gaps and up higher. Its name was Chuckyeet.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This is the kind of stuff I have in mind:

-Rezqueen has potential to utilize her horns for picking up and throwing objects and enemies, brute force to charge through obstacles with Mario riding on her back and a number of fire attacks.
D1EAB0B2-E837-45C9-81D3-571FA1AE4D55.jpeg

-Jakitu has her mechanically enhanced cloud that can move across dangerous terrain like Lakilester but also has a super jump using a spring and a number of electrical attacks and abilities (could spin around Mario to give him temporary Zap Tap Badge effects), while Jaki herself can throw Spinies and use her mechanics knowledge for different functions like puzzles.
0F12118F-F3D2-49C3-954E-69EF176E3FF8.jpeg

Noipoi

Howdy!
The burrbos are lead by a main burrbo, who needs to learn how to be a good leader for his people. He wants to just slack off and let Mario be the chief but obviously Mario’s got **** to do so he’s gonna have to man up and take responsibility.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well, Octoombas spit fire, rocks, explosive cannonballs, coconuts, and attack with their attennas, so I think they coukd be a good fit.
I've been hearing about that actually. What is it that he's doing that's made people lose their respect for him?
Shadiness. A bunch of lying and horrible wording. Plus, he said some questionable stuff.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've been hearing about that actually. What is it that he's doing that's made people lose their respect for him?
He's been purportedly manipulative of his fans in regards to asking for backing of a streaming server he's been trying to kickstart, and even if he wasn't manipulating fans into backing it, at the very least he wasn't open about the truth of it and that didn't sit well with many people. He's also said plenty of unpleasant things from what I've heard, and his horrendous handling of Fairly Odd Parents' last seasons, while relatively minor in comparison, doesn't remotely help his reputation as an animator or writer, either.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I guess technically if I give Mario and Peach 4 partners each that would be one more than the original two games gave us but one of the partners I have in mind for Peach would actually be Daisy so I don’t think I’d need to spend that much time developing her. I also had a Toad retainer or some Toad partner in mind for her too but we’ll have to see...

Shroob

Sup?
I mentioned this before but I wanted to clarify, i wanted to sacrifice
Alright, when do we sta---
number of partners for partners with more potential for abilities inside and outside of battle as well as more personality, story relevance, etc. so I’m looking for species within the Mario series that have a wider range of potential abilities just as a preface.

Oh, you meant it like that, huh?

*Hides the dagger*

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
He's been purportedly manipulative of his fans in regards to asking for backing of a streaming server he's been trying to kickstart, and even if he wasn't manipulating fans into backing it, at the very least he wasn't open about the truth of it and that didn't sit well with many people. He's also said plenty of unpleasant things from what I've heard, and his horrendous handling of Fairly Odd Parents' last seasons, while relatively minor in comparison, doesn't remotely help his reputation as an animator or writer, either.
Ouch. I really feel for the fans. If I was still into Danny Phantom years back I'd probably be feeling the same way now tbh.

Thought at first it had to do with one of those cases of sexual harassment given how much of that is being exposed today given the case with the creator of The Loud House who got fired for it or the James Gunn controversy (Which I don't judge Gunn for as I relate to him of having done or said stupid things back then and being one of his supporters/defenders especially since many people aren't the same person as they were a decade ago and he's since regretted and apologized for those Tweets).

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
This is the kind of stuff I have in mind:

-Rezqueen has potential to utilize her horns for picking up and throwing objects and enemies, brute force to charge through obstacles with Mario riding on her back and a number of fire attacks.
View attachment 232771

-Jakitu has her mechanically enhanced cloud that can move across dangerous terrain like Lakilester but also has a super jump using a spring and a number of electrical attacks and abilities (could spin around Mario to give him temporary Zap Tap Badge effects), while Jaki herself can throw Spinies and use her mechanics knowledge for different functions like puzzles.
View attachment 232772
Big Chuck and Rezqueen like to argue over who's stronger and can throw farther, but are basically your average pair of friends. Big Chuck is sensitive and was lonely, though, but he's still a strong chuckya; he can throw you up high, and can explode like a Bob-omb if he wants to.

Fizzfuzz is a young fuzzy that worked as one of Bowser's minions, but saw Mario and became a big fan. He joined Mario on his quest for whatever and showed he's just a funny little dude...with a weird taste for sucking the life and power out of enemies.

Thorni is a sweet pokey but is sometimes a sourpuss and can anger easily on certain occasions, mostly because of enemies or just annoying obstacles. She's cheerful and happy to help Mario and co., however, and can take a lot of normal hits while even effecting enemies with poison.

Toad is Toad and Nintendo needs to start using him instead of Blue Toad and Yellow Toad.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ouch. I really feel for the fans. If I was still into Danny Phantom years back I'd probably be feeling the same way now tbh.

For some reason I thought this was a similar case of the Loud House creator who got fired for sexually harassment.
Thankfully the situation is nothing that nasty or serious. But his actions and general behavior in his recent years has still damaged his reputation more than a little bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom