• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Bro I haven't even been paying attention to the Smash news, I've had more Mega Man Shilling to attend to. But if Hero's showing up in the next couple days, I'll keep an eye out. I want to know how the hell that menu system works exactly. For EVO, I'm expecting some characters for DBFZ and maaaaaaybe SFV, since there's probably a little bit more they plan on doing for that game. I know some people didn't want DBFZ to be so slow on it's updates, so I hope people can get excited for the game again because it's fun as hell.

MK might have something too, but I don't think a full game like KI or Marvel will be announced, probably for a bigger event, but it could be neat.

Also, maaaaan, I still just want another Mega Man character in the roster. Even more now, it's such a good series with hype ass characters. One of the boyz should pull a Chrom one day.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Everything.

Many people only remember from me the stuff I did in the past regarding Marvel while ignoring stuff such as the big push and support for the DQ8 Hero that I spread through the site, the Crash push, the presence of another big Samus main on the site and another Godzilla fan who is always welcomed to have as a plus...And just because people only want to remember that time I got mad over a Game Awards reveal since my mind was ****ed due to a recent death.

If I want to progress as an user on this site, I need to let people know in the clearest way possible that I enjoy other stuff as much or maybe even more than Marvel.
I mostly think of you as the Crash guy. Not a Marvel Guy. I think you’re being too hard on yourself.
Not that I am disagreeing, but why not? They are cartoon characters with cartoon physics. They must be able to use cartoon physics for fighting.

Okay, maybe except Squidward.
Patrick can brawl and even though I kinda agree with Krabs, he at least has some Navy training under his belt so I wouldn’t say he wouldn’t work yet.
I guess they could work. Maybe swap out Misty and Vega for Patrick and Sandy just because this guy really over emphasizes MLaaTR.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Simon yes, but I would not say k rool was likely. There was hope after ridley but I wouldn’t say he was saw as confirmed by the masses
Statistically speaking Simon Belmont and King K. Rool were by far the most used character on fake leaks, so I don't think that's true.
You can attribute Simon's presence almost entirely to Vergeben.

Before he was a dark horse at best. There's been quite a lot of revisionism regarding how people remember Simon's journey.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Because if you want Spongebob characters, you NEED to have Patrick, and/or Sandy, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward alongside Spongebob and Plankton.

The Flying Dutchman comes nowhere near as close to importance as those characters.
But Dutchman works as a fighter when many of those other SB characters just don’t.
If Plankton is going to fight, how about having him fight in some kind of robot mech?
Because this method references the Movie, Globs of Doom, and the fact that he and Larry have the same VA

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
>genuinely above average

Are you afraid to bluntly call it a great game?
Nah, just felt like saying it that way lol

It really is a great game. Maybe I'm a bit biased since it was one of my first games ever, but I can play it again today and still really enjoy the gameplay outside of nostalgia. The atmosphere and number of references to the show's first three seasons together just make up the icing on the cake. I'm really looking forward to Rehydrated.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ngl though drake and josh in a fighter would be hype.

Get crazy Steve in there too

StormC

Smash Hero
You can attribute Simon's presence almost entirely to Vergeben.

Before he was a dark horse at best. There's been quite a lot of revisionism regarding how people remember Simon's journey.
I mean I'm not denying that. That's why I'm drawing the comparison. Both Simon and Erdrick were leaked, so all fake leakers will use them. Then you have K. Rool and Banjo, two irrelevant fan favorites that were dominating Smash discussion at the time.

D

Deleted member

But Dutchman works as a fighter when many of those other SB characters just don’t.
Spongebob could have a moveset regarding bubbles (a few even working as bombs) and jellyfish, Patrick a moveset about slapstick humour, Sandy karate stuff, Squidward sound attacks with the clarinet, flexible body and ink, Mr.Krabs a moveset regarding huge money coins or smashing opponents with a cashing machine and Plankton would have robots.

You just need to get creative with them as with Phoenix Wright.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Honestly, a lot of (if not all of) the haters end up making themselves look much worse than any fan of the game they're hating on.

I don't usually like to acknowledge haters or at least use insults, but they're all frickin sad, no-life scumbags if they really feel the need to hate on fans (including friendly, polite fans) and bash them as well as the game just to make themselves "feel good" (just plain sad) and to try and make others miserable (getting sadder), with nothing but their own ignorant and arrogant selves causing them to do this.

Actually that just sounds like trolls when I think about it. Just lonely trolls with miserable minds.

Thank you for coming to my RANT.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
If Plankton is going to fight, how about having him fight in some kind of robot mech?
Plankton actually did use a robot mech the height of an average person (or fish in the case of Spongebob's universe) in one video game. It wasn't built specifically for combat, though.

He used it in "Lights, Camera, Pants!" Which is sort of a Mario Party-esque...Party game. Just with more emphasis on minigames, and no boards and very little randomization.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I mean I'm not denying that. That's why I'm drawing the comparison. Both Simon and Erdrick were leaked, so all fake leakers will use them. Then you have K. Rool and Banjo, two irrelevant fan favorites that were dominating Smash discussion at the time.
Yep. If Verg said it it went on all fake leaks aiming to be believable. And I agree that K. Rool was definitely on more rosters than he wasn't. Did everyone see him as basically confirmed? No, probably not. But very likely? Among most, that's what it seemed like. So yeah, I agree.

Banjo was on some, but Minecraft really split the vote.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
You're talking about Nick characters in a fighting game and none of you bring up Jenny Wakeman, also known as the new villain in the Steven Universe movie?

I'm disappointed.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Here's A Spongebob Fighting Game roster:
Spongebob+Gary
Patrick
Squidward
Mr. Krabs
Sandy
Plankton
Karen
Mrs. Puff
Pearl
Larry
Fred
Squilliam
Mindy+Neptune
The Diver from Shell City
BurgerBear
Bubble Buddy+Bubble Buddy Junior
Bubble Bass
Flying Dutchman
Patchy+Potty
David Hasselhoff
Bubbles the Dolphin

Last edited:

Shadowwolflink

Smash Master
Can I just say how immature I think it is to get angry about somebody making jokes about not liking a character? Like maybe think about growing up a little yourself before telling someone else to grow up.

#RemoveDarkPit #RemoveIncineroar

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Can I just say how immature I think it is to get angry about somebody making jokes about not liking a character? Like maybe think about growing up a little yourself before telling someone else to grow up.

#RemoveDarkPit #RemoveIncineroar
Yeah, I do find that immature. There are people who like those characters, as unnecessary as they may be, ya know...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
DC vs. Marvel
Mortal Kombat vs. Street Fighter
Nintendo vs. Sega
Nicktoons vs. Cartoon Network

Any other ideas and rivalries?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The new villain in the SU movie looks like XJ9
The resemblance isn't perfect but it's uncannry enough that plenty of people quickly took notice. MLAATR and it's protagonist are finally becoming remembered and relevant again in the form of Steven Universe memes. It's great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom