• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Lucky.

With every character I supported, I always had a huge amount of people bashing my hopes and dreams.

With the Metroid reps it was the mentallity of Metroid not having worthy stuff outside of the “never-ever” Ridley (even though Dark Samus and Rundas exist).

With K.Rool it was the whole irrelevant shennanigan.

With the DQ8 Hero it was the hate towards characters with sword who “looked from animes”, the fact Erdrick felt more likely and the worst of all being Google theory with the cancerous Artorias bandwaggon.

And now with Crash Bandicoot I have the Doomguy bandwaggoners, some Banjo “fans”, the anti-platformers gang and literally the people against western picks.

Tl;dr I’ve been ****ed my whole life when it comes to supporting my most wanted.
look on the bright side, you still got those you wanted even if you got flack for it.

look at me, i only got one thing i wanted ever and he's considered the worst in both games :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So that Mega Man X Dive game is getting a worldwide release. And it's looking kind of clean. Man, I'm about to actually get interested in a mobile game.

D

Deleted member

I never got the hatedom of games like Minecraft or Fortnite nowadays, seems like people just move along things they hate because they are popular.
Everything has a hatedom to be fair, you just see hate for the popular stuff way more often because people want to be contrarian with how much they dislike the hot new thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Those people are a minority, though.

A very small minority.
Not that I've seen.

It's kinda hard to mention Minecraft in certain parts of the web without at least ten people flying off the handle.

I never got the hatedom of games like Minecraft or Fortnite nowadays, seems like people just move along things they hate because they are popular.
If it exists, and has just enough "weird" or immature vocal fans, expect people to stop treating it as annoyance, and instead start treating it as though it's the actual spawn of Satan.

It's not like there aren't bad or weird fans following any of these games, it's just that people don't care to not generalize every last person who plays it as being in the same group as all of those bad fans and translating their hate of those fans into hate towards the game itself.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Me: “Hey people, I think that Crash could join this Fighter Pass”

Papageno Discord users 150 and 120: “**** NO YOU VIRGIN! ACTIVISION HASN’T BEEN IN JAPAN UNLIKE THE LORDS TOBY FOX AND BETHESDA SO HE IS OUT! LONG LIVE DOOMCHAD AND SANS LONG LIVE DOOMCHAD AND SANS LONG LIVE DOOMCHAD AND SANS!!!! **** THE NEW DOOM PORTS TOO FOR NOT HAVING MODS AND BEING ON UNITY! BOYCOTT BETHESDA BOYCOTT BETHESDA!!!”

Actual Papageno alongside mods: “Bruh, cut it out” mod stuff goes here
If a servers toxic just leave. It might be hard but it will be better in the long run.

Besides If they are that asinine when the crash rumor technically has more going for it then their shill picks, just laugh at their stupidity.
I thought Crash had success in Japan?

Still doesn't give them the right to act like immature 4chan scumbags.
Nah 4chan isn’t even close. Outside of the Steve exclusive threads,(which are mostly dead thanks to banjo), their smash threads are actually pretty cival and supportive. It’s hilarious that a few months back they were better then reset era to discuss smash.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wouldn’t even say Minecraft is that hated right now. There’s like 30 big youtubers in my feed playing because it makes bank.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I can tell you the reason why. It's the same reason why I quit Minecraft after 8th grade up until now.

Cringe Culture. If you olayed ot, you were a cringy kid who couldn't handle playing REAL games that 90s kids played.

The same is happening with Fortnite

D

Deleted member

One thing to note with Isaac is that he would have needed a stage if he were to be added.

Ultimate alongside having the smallest number of newcomers not counting DLC, it also has the least number of new stages with only 4 and 2 of them being for Switch Mario and Zelda titles and 2 for newcomers.

I could see that K. Rool and Ridley in addition of being popular, were chosen due to Sakurai and his team not needing to develop stages for them.
Didn't see what you posted, but ok.

Major point: One of my friends that I met on discord *might* be moving to a nation that restricts all forms of social media, VPNs aside. And, they've cracked down on VPN use recently. I'm worried that we won't be able to talk regularly anymore and will have to restrict it to like... one text via cell phone a day. I don't want to lose my friend. I'm kinda scared right now. He could still stay in his home nation, but nothing's certain and it's freaking me out.

I should clarify: I'll always be friends with him. One of the nicest people I've ever met. But I want to continue to have open communication. And going from free communication to highly restricted...that possibility depresses me.

Minor points: Had massive stomach pain earlier. It hurt to the point where I felt a burning sensation. Also, family just being grumpy and all.

And after such a wonderful high note of doing better than ever with Smash Ultimate...and FINALLY not beating myself up over my performance...and one of the best days I've had in a while is now filled with uncertainty...and it's become one of the worst.
Posted something really stupid in an angry moment. No need to say anything else. Hope your friend comes back safely.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
golden sun hasnt gotten a game in a bit

:ultkrool: but who could use that in an :ultsimon: argument in this day and age :ultdarksamus: am i right fellas :ultbanjokazooie:
I remember every series being relevant in some form, yet not Isaac's series, so yeah, I'd say they're not good arguments to begin with.

DKC never died out. King K. Rool is in a relevant series.
Castlevania absolutely was active as a series. It's multi-media, not game-only.
Metroid kept going over and over.
Banjo-Kazooie was kept relevant via Microsoft's merchandise surrounding it(and somewhat with Rare Replay keeping him in the spotlight).

The series matters more than the character alone. Also, Dark Samus had the extra oomph of being an Echo, which is pretty important in itself. Fan support mattered too.

It's funny too, because every 3rd Party in Smash was kept relevant in some way with some kind of product related to them at the time of being added. Series moreso than the specific character. So I wasn't surprised when Isaac didn't make it(due to his series not being relevant) while a bunch of other relevant series still got characters. Context made all of these unsurprising overall(though this a cool surprise they got in, but they all seemed pretty logical to add when relevancy was all in their favor).

Hell, the entire newcomer roster were from all currently relevant series in Ultimate. We didn't get anyone resembling a retro option this time. That's pretty crazy when you think about it. If you think about it, the only characters who weren't from a relevant series were Veterans(including Retros). Makes me wonder if we'll get a Retro as part of DLC or not. That'd be neat.

Shroob

Sup?
If a servers toxic just leave. It might be hard but it will be better in the long run.

Besides If they are that asinine when the crash rumor technically has more going for it then their shill picks, just laugh at their stupidity.

Nah 4chan isn’t even close. Outside of the Steve exclusive threads,(which are mostly dead thanks to banjo), their smash threads are actually pretty cival and supportive. It’s hilarious that a few months back they were better then reset era to discuss smash.
Crash rumor?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Not that I've seen.

It's kinda hard to mention Minecraft in certain parts of the web without at least ten people flying off the handle.
That's strange; I know there are scumbags that bash you and the game because "children" (seriously?), "4chan trolls" (ah yes, those jerk fake-fans and their deformed render true fans wouldn't take seriously, good example; not to mention there are a lot of younger fans as well, anyway), or "toxic fanbase" (lol that's every fanbase, jerk, at least there's a huge amount of friendly people), or there are people "hating" that are clearly trolling (or are being stupidly immature at least, not sure if they count), but Minecraft videos, including Steve in Smash-related videos, always get a lot of likes and outnumber dislikes. As I mentioned before, one video for a Steve Smash Bros. moveset has at least 93k likes and only around 1.4k dislikes. The fanbase clearly far outnumbers the hatebase, anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter...

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Not that I've seen.

If it exists, and has just enough "weird" or immature vocal fans, expect people to stop treating it as annoyance, and instead start treating it as though it's the actual spawn of Satan.

It's not like there aren't bad or weird fans following any of these games, it's just that people don't care to not generalize every last person who plays it as being in the same group as all of those bad fans and translating their hate of those fans into hate towards the game itself.
I apologize for contributing to that in the past. I feel silly now looking back.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
So I’m gonna continue working on a few more potential Paper Mario partner/character ideas, I have a few species in mind and I’d like some help deciding which one I should do next:
  • Either a Dry Bones or a Tostarenan
  • Broozer
  • Scuttlebug
  • Snow Spike
  • A type of Piranha Plant that doesn’t shoot fire
  • Any other Mario enemy or species you’d like to suggest
And if anyone has any interesting ideas for any of them, please let me know...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
So I’m gonna continue working on a few more potential Paper Mario partner/character ideas, I have a few species in mind and I’d like some help deciding which one I should do next:
  • Either a Dry Bones or a Tostarenan
  • Broozer
  • Scuttlebug
  • Snow Spike
  • A type of Piranha Plant that doesn’t shoot fire
  • Any other Mario enemy or species you’d like to suggest
And if anyone has any interesting ideas for any of them, please let me know...
>no bully

wademan94 you have disappointed me by throwing my work in the trash

D

Deleted member

Yeah it's very frickin annoying, like how people assume every Undertale fan is a bad person and say the game is horrible because of the fans, even to a polite fan's face.
If Im being honest, UT is one of those things that Im kind of in the fence of wanting to try.
dude are you blind he's literally right there

View attachment 232770

also why is adventure time there

why is the villain from kung fu panda there but po isn't
Curious thing is that AT was originally pitched to Nick but they passed on it. Apart from that, I have no idea why they included both.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly. I feel it’s perfect except for the Lack of Aang and Vlad Plasmius. Plus I feel that TMNT has cemented itself over at Nick to the point that only having Raphael is weird.
This and maybe remove Finn and jake as nick didn’t accept them but I get why you could put them there.
Crash rumor?
this one which could be a good guess but I did say technically it has weight as it hasn’t been wrong:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/234547-super-smash-bros-ultimate/77349973

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Curious thing is that AT was originally pitched to Nick
It’s a nod to how adventure time was originally pitched to Nick but they rejected it
no **** but still that makes 0 logical sense, that's like harry potter getting into smash just because nintendo was gonna buy the rights to the series but was too slow and had it bought by warner bros, which still means they dont even own him still

Ideas on what would a bully partner do aside from charging into foes? (Something my Reznor has already) Just out of curiosity.
it's a tank. a slow tank that hits hard. a slow tank that hits hard that can be strategically used to wall enemies and make counterattacks/spike attacks

its late and i have no energy to type out things for 2 hours

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
It's interesting, though. So Hero is 100% NOT the EVO highlight reveal. So I have to wonder if Nintendo will have anything at all to show at EVO this year.

Obviously they have no obligation to announce anything, but Smash is the CLOSING GAME of EVO. That is a big deal, and is not something a lot of the FGC is happy about. I don't know how things will go if they have nothing to show off. They teased the Smash direct at Melee's finals last year, so they're certainly open to at least giving us something, but at this point I don't know what they can really do, since Hero is likely going to be out beforehand. Hm.

With the Hero Direct being 22 minutes and the game being updated to 4.0 within the week, Hero is almost definitely not going to be the only news on Tuesday either. The only thing I could possibly see getting revealed at EVO is a cinematic teaser for the character after Banjo, ala Joker back in December, but that is also VERY wishful thinking. Maybe a surprise echo?

I dunno. EVO finals is going to be a very telling day.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
It's interesting, though. So Hero is 100% NOT the EVO highlight reveal. So I have to wonder if Nintendo will have anything at all to show at EVO this year.

Obviously they have no obligation to announce anything, but Smash is the CLOSING GAME of EVO. That is a big deal, and is not something a lot of the FGC is happy about. I don't know how things will go if they have nothing to show off. They teased the Smash direct at Melee's finals last year, so they're certainly open to at least giving us something, but at this point I don't know what they can really do, since Hero is likely going to be out beforehand. Hm.

With the Hero Direct being 22 minutes and the game being updated to 4.0 within the week, Hero is almost definitely not going to be the only news on Tuesday either. The only thing I could possibly see getting revealed is a cinematic teaser for the character after Banjo, ala Joker back in December, but that is also VERY wishful thinking. Maybe a surprise echo?

I dunno. EVO finals is going to be a very telling day.
Really doubt Nintendo Of Japan cares about EVO, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom