• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Me: “Hey people, I think that Crash could join this Fighter Pass”

Papageno Discord users 150 and 120: “**** NO YOU VIRGIN! ACTIVISION HASN’T BEEN IN JAPAN UNLIKE THE LORDS TOBY FOX AND BETHESDA SO HE IS OUT! LONG LIVE DOOMCHAD AND SANS LONG LIVE DOOMCHAD AND SANS LONG LIVE DOOMCHAD AND SANS!!!! **** THE NEW DOOM PORTS TOO FOR NOT HAVING MODS AND BEING ON UNITY! BOYCOTT BETHESDA BOYCOTT BETHESDA!!!”

Actual Papageno alongside mods: “Bruh, cut it out” mod stuff goes here
I thought Crash had success in Japan?

Still doesn't give them the right to act like immature 4chan scumbags.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Crash did succeed in Japan, you’re thinking of Spyro which is generally disliked there (mainly due to the JP ports sucking ***)

D

Deleted member

He does.

But apparently only Undertale can use that on his defense, because Toby Fox lives in Japan and Activision doesn’t.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Didn't see what you posted, but ok.

Major point: One of my friends that I met on discord *might* be moving to a nation that restricts all forms of social media, VPNs aside. And, they've cracked down on VPN use recently. I'm worried that we won't be able to talk regularly anymore and will have to restrict it to like... one text via cell phone a day. I don't want to lose my friend. I'm kinda scared right now. He could still stay in his home nation, but nothing's certain and it's freaking me out.

I should clarify: I'll always be friends with him. One of the nicest people I've ever met. But I want to continue to have open communication. And going from free communication to highly restricted...that possibility depresses me.

Minor points: Had massive stomach pain earlier. It hurt to the point where I felt a burning sensation. Also, family just being grumpy and all.

And after such a wonderful high note of doing better than ever with Smash Ultimate...and FINALLY not beating myself up over my performance...and one of the best days I've had in a while is now filled with uncertainty...and it's become one of the worst.
Jeez, that really sucks bro

Hope it all works out

(And trust me, I know what it’s like when family gets grumpy. **** sucks)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh man, can't wait for Isaac go get in to show all those naysayers that...

Wait, what evere Isaac's main arguments against him?

But oh man, if Steve got in, HOO BOY.

The rest of my requests tends to be accepted with open arms.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Oh man, can't wait for Isaac go get in to show all those naysayers that...

Wait, what evere Isaac's main arguments against him?

But oh man, if Steve got in, HOO BOY.

Everyone else tends to be accepted with open arms.
Steve would also be accepted with open arms by the majority.

It just won't seem like it because the majority is outside this site and maybe the other hardcore Smash sites. I bet Youtube would have a lot of positive videos, though, with just some salty bois spreading obnoxious hate. To be fair, though, some of the people bashing him only cared if we got him and no Banjo, so they will probably not care either.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I tell stories from time to time.

Sometimes I orchestrate them.

Those ones are the best.
No I meant like

Making a thread where I post the pages of a comic until it’s over for you guys

Usually the comic is strange and hilarious

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Steve would also be accepted with open arms by the majority.

It just won't seem like it because the majority is outside this site and maybe the other hardcore Smash sites. I bet Youtube would have a lot of positive videos, though, with just some salty bois spreading obnoxious hate.
Silent Majority I guess
literally who would complain anymore

the boomers got their cereal mascot, they would care less at this point
Some fans still get pissy at the mere mention of Steve in Smash, (even after Banjo) so you'd be surprised.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Silent Majority I guess

Some fans still get pissy at the mere mention of Steve in Smash, (even after Banjo) so you'd be surprised.
Yeah they seem to be mostly silent, but Steve in Smash-related videos always get a lot of likes, and always outnumber dislikes. One video, for Steve's moveset specifically (including animations), has over 93,000 likes and only around 1,400 dislikes.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Silent Majority I guess

Never understood the hate towards Steve. I don't support him but the rivalry with Banjo seemed kinda silly.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I dunno, this may seem strange from me, because I'm especially argumentative, but I think you all may be too invested in what other people think/say.

When Banjo got in, a character I've wanted since the original, not once was my priority to gloat at the mounting hordes of people ****ting on him or rehash the countless times he was called impossible, even after the ballot.

I'm just happy he's finally, finally in. Same with Cloud. The fanbase used to mock anyone who suggested him, then half did a 180, and the other got real mad. I was just happy he was there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think just appreciating what you have is the way to go. Like I said, I feel like anyone could mock or be mocked for things they've gotten correct or incorrect in the past. No one's track record is perfect.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
No I meant like

Making a thread where I post the pages of a comic until it’s over for you guys

Usually the comic is strange and hilarious
Hm, if you are gonna do that, I look forward to it. :3

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Didn't see what you posted, but ok.

Major point: One of my friends that I met on discord *might* be moving to a nation that restricts all forms of social media, VPNs aside. And, they've cracked down on VPN use recently. I'm worried that we won't be able to talk regularly anymore and will have to restrict it to like... one text via cell phone a day. I don't want to lose my friend. I'm kinda scared right now. He could still stay in his home nation, but nothing's certain and it's freaking me out.

I should clarify: I'll always be friends with him. One of the nicest people I've ever met. But I want to continue to have open communication. And going from free communication to highly restricted...that possibility depresses me.

Minor points: Had massive stomach pain earlier. It hurt to the point where I felt a burning sensation. Also, family just being grumpy and all.

And after such a wonderful high note of doing better than ever with Smash Ultimate...and FINALLY not beating myself up over my performance...and one of the best days I've had in a while is now filled with uncertainty...and it's become one of the worst.
I'm so sorry to hear the news about your friend, Hat. But know that it isn't set in stone yet and there's still hope for you to maintain regular communication with him.

I am, however, glad to hear the news about your performance in Ultimate. See? You are improving, after all, and not just in your competitive skills, but also emotionally. You didn't beat yourself up over your performance. That itself is a victory. I can tell you're starting to overcome those sorts of issues, and that's great. Keep it up, alright? And while you're at it, don't stress over your friend or family too much just yet, heal up from the illness ASAP, and take at look back at the good things you did accomplish today. Don't let this day turn so sour after your earlier victories. Be content with the good things than happened rather than allow yourself to suffer and stir from the bad things.

If you need someone to talk to or even simply vent to, I'm here for you as usual, bud.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I feel like Steve is that guilty pleasure character who everyone likes to treat as a joke around their friends to mask their real desire of seeing him get in Smash.

D

Deleted member

The rest of my requests tends to be accepted with open arms.
Lucky.

With every character I supported, I always had a huge amount of people bashing my hopes and dreams.

With the Metroid reps it was the mentallity of Metroid not having worthy stuff outside of the “never-ever” Ridley (even though Dark Samus and Rundas exist).

With K.Rool it was the whole irrelevant shennanigan.

With the DQ8 Hero it was the hate towards characters with sword who “looked from animes”, the fact Erdrick felt more likely and the worst of all being Google theory with the cancerous Artorias bandwaggon.

And now with Crash Bandicoot I have the Doomguy bandwaggoners, some Banjo “fans”, the anti-platformers gang and literally the people against western picks.

Tl;dr I’ve been ****ed my whole life when it comes to supporting my most wanted.

D

Deleted member

Never understood the hate towards Steve. I don't support him but the rivalry with Banjo seemed kinda silly.
Both are characters from Microsoft-owned properties and there was an inherent old guard vs. new blood type of dynamic that people felt over them. I also always found the arguments and rivalry somewhat pointless but at the same time I can see why they happened.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My predictions for the video:
- Hero gameplay mechanics display
- Mii Costumes: Geno, Chocobo, Crono, Lloyd Irving, Byleth (M and F), Monster Hunter. Heihachi’s Costume is strangely missing... (reason Lloyd is here and not Heihachi is cause these are all RPG themed Costumes)
- DQ Spirits on spirit board
- free patched in Sephiroth Assist Trophy and additional FF tunes including non-VII ones (lemme dream ok??)
- Home Run Contest
- and finally, that WoL-related thing they were teasing in Hero’s trailer... which is surprise, just the ability to put the Galeem and Dharkon auras/fake fighter effects on anyone you choose, it’s treated separately from alts. Expecting an actual WoL Expansion? Too bad!
- ok sike that’s not all there is - tease of Kasumi Yoshizawa, who isn’t a Pass Fighter but individual like PP and will be revealed proper on August 17
Updated my predictions slightly... I think it’s safe to say anything 3H related won’t get anything more than a costume or Spirit at this point, to be fair

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I feel like Steve is that guilty pleasure character who everyone likes to treat as a joke around their friends to mask their real desire of seeing him get in Smash.
nah

that would be jonesy

StormC

Smash Hero
I've never played Minecraft so that wouldn't be me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I dunno, this may seem strange from me, because I'm especially argumentative, but I think you all may be too invested in what other people think/say.

When Banjo got in, a character I've wanted since the original, not once was my priority to gloat at the mounting hordes of people ****ting on him or rehash the countless times he was called impossible, even after the ballot.

I'm just happy he's finally, finally in. Same with Cloud. The fanbase used to mock anyone who suggested him, then half did a 180, and the other got real mad. I was just happy he was there. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think just appreciating what you have is the way to go. Like I said, I feel like anyone could mock or be mocked for things they've gotten correct or incorrect in the past. No one's track record is perfect.
so what you're saying is...

Most of the Steve haters will either end up loving him or not actually caring in the end? :pikachu:

Honestly anyone who seriously treats him as just a joke or meme must be blind, and if they do even after what some people say, must not be very nice.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am fine with literally any character at this point.

But can we please just... let everyone want whoever the **** they want without taking their picks as some kind of horror monster who needs to be sealed please?

Because I’m already sick of that crap after having it on my shoulders after 10 years.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
They're two widely different games from different generations owned by the same company, and being third-parties, it's not unreasonable to conclude that it's most likely that only one (erm, technically two in Banjo and Kazooie's case) of them could join up in the same Smash game right now. The support bases of these characters were bound to be divisive between one and other.

Besides that, it really doesn't help Steve that a lot of people have an irrational hatred of Minecraft in general.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I am fine with literally any character at this point.

But can we please just... let everyone want whoever the **** they want without taking their picks as some kind of horror monster who needs to be sealed please?

Because I’m already sick of that crap after having it on my shoulders after 10 years.
Ok. Fair ask.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Lucky.

With every character I supported, I always had a huge amount of people bashing my hopes and dreams.

With the Metroid reps it was the mentallity of Metroid not having worthy stuff outside of the “never-ever” Ridley (even though Dark Samus and Rundas exist).

With K.Rool it was the whole irrelevant shennanigan.

With the DQ8 Hero it was the hate towards characters with sword who “looked from animes”, the fact Erdrick felt more likely and the worst of all being Google theory with the cancerous Artorias bandwaggon.

And now with Crash Bandicoot I have the Doomguy bandwaggoners, some Banjo “fans”, the anti-platformers gang and literally the people against western picks.

Tl;dr I’ve been ****ed my whole life when it comes to supporting my most wanted.
Don’t let these pricks get to you man

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
golden sun hasnt gotten a game in a bit

:ultkrool: but who could use that in an :ultsimon: argument in this day and age :ultdarksamus: am i right fellas :ultbanjokazooie:
Well if Golden Sun had received a game within two or three years of the roster being made, Isaac probably would be in right now.

So they're right, to some extent. It's not always a dealbreaker, buuuuttttt it's not like Isaac missed the cut for a lack of popularity...

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I think Isaac was just having an uphill battle with so few spots and K. Rool and Ridley dominating the Smash discussion. If there was the standard ~15 newcomer roster he would have had a solid chance of making it in I feel.

D

Deleted member

They're two widely different games from different generations owned by the same company, and being third-parties, it's not unreasonable to reason that it's most likely that only one (erm, technically two in Banjo and Kazooie's case) of them could join up in the same Smash game right now. The support bases of these characters were bound to be divisive between one and other.

Besides that, it really doesn't help Steve that a lot of people have an irrational hatred of Minecraft in general.
I never got the hatedom of games like Minecraft or Fortnite nowadays, seems like people just move along things they hate because they are popular.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom