• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
So I’m gonna continue working on a few more potential Paper Mario partner/character ideas, I have a few species in mind and I’d like some help deciding which one I should do next:
  • Either a Dry Bones or a Tostarenan
  • Broozer
  • Scuttlebug
  • Snow Spike
  • A type of Piranha Plant that doesn’t shoot fire
  • Any other Mario enemy or species you’d like to suggest
And if anyone has any interesting ideas for any of them, please let me know...
A Rex boi...

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Obviously they have no obligation to announce anything, but Smash is the CLOSING GAME of EVO.
you answered your own conspiracy theory about how its not so viable and then proceeded to explain how it's totally viable

:nifty:

D

Deleted member

It's interesting, though. So Hero is 100% NOT the EVO highlight reveal. So I have to wonder if Nintendo will have anything at all to show at EVO this year.

Obviously they have no obligation to announce anything, but Smash is the CLOSING GAME of EVO. That is a big deal, and is not something a lot of the FGC is happy about. I don't know how things will go if they have nothing to show off. They teased the Smash direct at Melee's finals last year, so they're certainly open to at least giving us something, but at this point I don't know what they can really do, since Hero is likely going to be out beforehand. Hm.

With the Hero Direct being 22 minutes and the game being updated to 4.0 within the week, Hero is almost definitely not going to be the only news on Tuesday either. The only thing I could possibly see getting revealed is a cinematic teaser for the character after Banjo, ala Joker back in December, but that is also VERY wishful thinking. Maybe a surprise echo?

I dunno. EVO finals is going to be a very telling day.
Funny thing is that EVO this year is sponsored by Sony given they have almost every game playable with the exception of Smash.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I can tell you the reason why. It's the same reason why I quit Minecraft after 8th grade up until now.

Cringe Culture. If you olayed ot, you were a cringy kid who couldn't handle playing REAL games that 90s kids played.

The same is happening with Fortnite
Those people saying you're cringy for playing a game you like, are who's really cringe.

excuse me it just doesn't take much people to make me upset over those horrendous trolls and "deserving" arguments in Youtube comments. Now I'm basically sensitive to the topic even though there's only been like, I dunno, maybe 7 people at max that were immature trolls or were using dumb arguments.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's interesting, though. So Hero is 100% NOT the EVO highlight reveal. So I have to wonder if Nintendo will have anything at all to show at EVO this year.

Obviously they have no obligation to announce anything, but Smash is the CLOSING GAME of EVO. That is a big deal, and is not something a lot of the FGC is happy about. I don't know how things will go if they have nothing to show off. They teased the Smash direct at Melee's finals last year, so they're certainly open to at least giving us something, but at this point I don't know what they can really do, since Hero is likely going to be out beforehand. Hm.

With the Hero Direct being 22 minutes and the game being updated to 4.0 within the week, Hero is almost definitely not going to be the only news on Tuesday either. The only thing I could possibly see getting revealed is a cinematic teaser for the character after Banjo, ala Joker back in December, but that is also VERY wishful thinking. Maybe a surprise echo?

I’m not gonna say my dream EVO reveal just because I want people to know I like more stuff than that already.

Although that’s regarding another company. From Nintendo I may see a potential sequel for Arms possible.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Obviously they have no obligation to announce anything, but Smash is the CLOSING GAME of EVO. That is a big deal, and is not something a lot of the FGC is happy about.
seems to me like most of the FGC is pretty happy about it since they can clock out early and not have to watch smash

D

Deleted member

It’s actually amazing bro

It’s in my top ten favorite games of all time
Yeah, I’ve heard a lot of awesome things about the game.

Maybe for my birthday I can try to see if I can pick it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't even thing Fanboy and Chum Chum are even there, it's just Kyle.

And the FLYING DUTCHMAN OF ALL SPONGEBOB CHARACTERS LMAO
Yeah. I kind of agree with the artists decisions here. Fanboy and Chum Chum aren’t very combat ready and are easily the worst part of the show. As for the Dutchman... what’s wrong with that? Very few SB characters would even work here. I think he’s a solid choice. Though the lack of Sandy is kind of lame.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Nah, but for real, why does it look kind of solid.

So there's a couple of things confirmed for the game, Mega Man X can use both the X-Buster and his own Saber, Zero gets a Buster and Saber, along with a gatling gun of some kind, likely that every character can pick and choose those weapons. Auto-Aim like X7, although it's able to be turned off. Seems like there's some kind of strafing mechanic when shooting. Mega Man X can air-dash and double jump. Mega Man X has a Charge Shot and Homing Torpedo as special skills. So at the very least, it'll still be a poverty platformer/RPG hybrid, but a really cool one if things go well.

The playable characters so far seem to be.
Mega Man X
Command Mission Mega Man X
Zero
Aila
Axl
Marino
Cinnamon
Vile
Ultimate Armor X

There's also been hints that there could be crossovers with other Mega Men, although later down the line. If we get Geo in a platformer, it's over. Mario Run could never.

D

Deleted member

Ok, I’m gonna share my dream EVO reveals:

>Arms 2
>Playstation All Stars 2
>New Dragon Ball Kakaroth gameplay
>
Marvel vs Capcom 4/5

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It's about as legit as all the leaks flying around Post-E3 2018 that had K. Rool and Simon Belmont on them, aka the two most obvious newcomers.
Simon yes, but I would not say k rool was likely. There was hope after ridley but I wouldn’t say he was saw as confirmed by the masses

StormC

Smash Hero
Simon yes, but I would not say k rool was likely. There was hope after ridley but I wouldn’t say he was saw as confirmed by the masses
Statistically speaking Simon Belmont and King K. Rool were by far the most used character on fake leaks, so I don't think that's true.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
...I’m tempted.

Spongebob Representation. You have to have Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward and Mr. Krabs.
I can’t believe you forgot Sandy, I’d see her in before Squidward or even Mr. Krabs

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Really doubt Nintendo Of Japan cares about EVO, to be honest.
I agree, but them dropping the date for the Belmont/K. Rool direct was far more involvement than I EVER thought Nintendo would have at EVO ever, and let's not forget that they revealed Joker at a 100% american-based awards show. I'm not saying you're wrong, since that's obviously not the same thing, but still. Nintendo are the kings of left-field.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
you all have a nicktoons roster but eventually you gotta bring the third parties in

Gibby and a Drake/Josh duo when

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
That's strange; I know there are scumbags that bash you and the game because "children" (seriously?), "4chan trolls" (ah yes, those jerk fake-fans and their deformed render true fans wouldn't take seriously, good example; not to mention there are a lot of younger fans as well, anyway), or "toxic fanbase" (lol that's every fanbase, jerk, at least there's a huge amount of friendly people), or there are people "hating" that are clearly trolling (or are being stupidly immature at least, not sure if they count), but Minecraft videos, including Steve in Smash-related videos, always get a lot of likes and outnumber dislikes. As I mentioned before, one video for a Steve Smash Bros. moveset has at least 93k likes and only around 1.4k dislikes. The fanbase clearly far outnumbers the hatebase, anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter...
Yeah, but those videos mostly attract people from within the circle of Minecraft's fanbase.

This is just from my experience, but based on what I've seen on other parts of Youtube, various forums, and even places like Steam, large numbers of people can and will treat the game like it's lower than dirt, and unironically and unashamedly saw horrible things about anyone who plays it; they're especially harshly condescending of any children who play it.

I apologize for contributing to that in the past. I feel silly now looking back.
Hakuna Matata, no worries. From what I remember seeing, you were highly dismissive of the game at worst, and that isn't remotely toxic compared to the kind of **** I've seen other people say about MC and it's fans by the masses.

I can tell you the reason why. It's the same reason why I quit Minecraft after 8th grade up until now.

Cringe Culture. If you olayed ot, you were a cringy kid who couldn't handle playing REAL games that 90s kids played.

The same is happening with Fortnite
This exactly.

Honestly, cringe is such a buzzword at this point that it's kind of lost all meaning.

People don't think it's enough to just say they think something is stupid, annoying, or just say "I don't like it", so they instead use words like "cringe" to make themselves look better than people who like whatever they don't like.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Ok. How many of you agree that this fighting game would rock? (Linked cause big boy image. Plus the explanation in the description would be helpful)

https://www.deviantart.com/neweraoutlaw/art/Nicktoons-SELECT-YOUR-HEROES-Complete-Version-370872998
hey it has that Making Fiends girl.

I liked Making Fiends.

fricken only 7 episodes, gosh dang it.

Yeah, but those videos mostly attract people from within the circle of Minecraft's fanbase.

This is just from my experience, but based on what I've seen on other parts of Youtube, various forums, and even places like Steam, large numbers of people can and will treat the game like it's lower than dirt, and unironically and unashamedly saw horrible things about anyone who plays it; they're especially harshly condescending of any children who play it.
Dang, those people sound horrible. I bet they're just sad trolls, especially since they hate on children. Frickin scumbags are all they are, giant manchildren.

Oh well. The fandom still outnumbers them, and some other good games probably get miserable jerks hating on them, too, which I could name a few of these games~

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Spongebob Representation. You have to have Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward and Mr. Krabs.
Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs would not work in a fighting game. Especially a MvC style one like this. I stand by this observation. Sure, Phoenix Wright proved characters like that can work. But you don’t want a roster of nothing but them.

D

Deleted member

Why though? What’s wrong with liking Marvel?
Everything.

Many people only remember from me the stuff I did in the past regarding Marvel while ignoring stuff such as the big push and support for the DQ8 Hero that I spread through the site, the Crash push, the presence of another big Samus main on the site and another Godzilla fan who is always welcomed to have as a plus...And just because people only want to remember that time I got mad over a Game Awards reveal since my mind was ****ed due to a recent death.

If I want to progress as an user on this site, I need to let people know in the clearest way possible that I enjoy other stuff as much or maybe even more than Marvel.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Patrick, Squidward, and Mr. Krabs would not work in a fighting game. Especially a MvC style one like this. I stand by this observation. Sure, Phoenix Wright proved characters like that can work. But you don’t want a roster of nothing but them.
Not that I am disagreeing, but why not? They are cartoon characters with cartoon physics. They must be able to use cartoon physics for fighting.

Okay, maybe except Squidward.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Patrick can brawl and even though I kinda agree with Krabs, he at least has some Navy training under his belt so I wouldn’t say he wouldn’t work yet.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think Isaac was just having an uphill battle with so few spots and K. Rool and Ridley dominating the Smash discussion. If there was the standard ~15 newcomer roster he would have had a solid chance of making it in I feel.
It seems likely, since the number of characters that got in due to recent impact over general popularity would probably be slim, given the short turnaround time between 4 and Ultimate. That'd leave most of those spots to popular inclusions over "relevant" ones.

I wounder what Isaacs stage would be?

A lighthouse? Vale?
A lighthouse (probably Venus) if they go with the most well-known location - and maybe Sol Sanctum (with/or the Elemental Star Chamber) if they continue with the trend of picking an early point in the game.

Yeah I feel like people overestimate how much of a blip EVO is on Nintendo's radar. Them timing the event with any sort of reveal will probably only happen if a) the content being revealed is at all relevant to the content at EVO, and more importantly, b) it coincides with Nintendo's existing reveal schedule, which is undoubtably made totally irrespective of EVO, or any similar events.

JustCallMeJon

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3067-7373-5050
Switch FC
SW 4274 8573 0226
Seems like this presentation will be unique as it will be scriptless.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
An Nicktoons fighting game in the style of Marvel vs. Capcom or Smash?

Daggett & Norbert or bust. I would protest the idea unless they were in.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah. I kind of agree with the artists decisions here. Fanboy and Chum Chum aren’t very combat ready and are easily the worst part of the show. As for the Dutchman... what’s wrong with that? Very few SB characters would even work here. I think he’s a solid choice. Though the lack of Sandy is kind of lame.
Because if you want Spongebob characters, you NEED to have Patrick, and/or Sandy, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward alongside Spongebob and Plankton.

The Flying Dutchman comes nowhere near as close to importance as those characters.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Because if you want Spongebob characters, you NEED to have Patrick, and/or Sandy, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward alongside Spongebob and Plankton.

The Flying Dutchman comes nowhere near as close to importance as those characters.
If Plankton is going to fight, how about having him fight in some kind of robot mech?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Everything.

Many people only remember from me the stuff I did in the past regarding Marvel while ignoring stuff such as the big push and support for the DQ8 Hero that I spread through the site, the Crash push, the presence of another big Samus main on the site and another Godzilla fan who is always welcomed to have as a plus...And just because people only want to remember that time I got mad over a Game Awards reveal since my mind was ****ed due to a recent death.

If I want to progress as an user on this site, I need to let people know in the clearest way possible that I enjoy other stuff as much or maybe even more than Marvel.
I don't think anyone remembers you for that stuff or thinks negatively about you for liking Marvel. Just be you, man, don't suppress your interests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom