• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

22 minutes for just gameplay, compared to the 15 minutes of everything version 3.0 had to offer.

View attachment 232751

also i made a bet on whether or not we'd get hero news in july so my streak of winning bets remains 100% clean

also also hi everyone i missed u all enough to come on just for the sake of conversing about this exciting moment, i'll be here for a bit this time (as in i'm here now and i'll probably show up again when the trailer actually drops) because i just wanna talk with y'all
Jokes on you, I can't remember things from more than a week ago so I have no idea who you are anymore.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
I honestly need more people such as you in my life.

I really do.

Honestly, I just want to have the DQ8 Hero next to Samus already. Hopefully alongside the song War Cry and a Yangus Mii costume.
^u^ Hehe, I'm just saying the truth, my dear friend! :3 I hope that I managed that you draw a smile on your face! And have faith that there are more nice people out there.

Look, I know it is not easy sometimes to let go some things, but, that shouldn't stop you from moving forward from them. I have had some stressful days lately because of an incident, and yet, I realized that shouldn't stop me from enjoying life and what I do in it. So, I really hope you can do the same, my friend. And I know bitter reminders exist, but, that doesn't matter. It is something that already happened. All we can do is to learn from it.

^u^ And that's the spirit! :D Glad to see that you will get something to enjoy hopefully sooner!

Shroob

Sup?
I love that Dragon Quest is in Smash.

It's just we knew 6 months ahead of time

Even someone as beloved as Ridley would have suffered burnout eventually if he were in Erdricks shoes.

D

Deleted member

User was warned for this post; flaming
To play Devil's Advocate a lot of people in this thread haven't been shy about voicing their distaste for Banjo in the past, and I don't think Noi was being serious.
I'll just leave that here though because we don't need a temporary temporary social thread.
Dunno, but the distaste for the Hero seems to have become a common issue here again the last couple of days.
View attachment 232760

No need to get so genuinely upset.
Agree, a little pos doesnt deserve my time. Thanks for reminding me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Here’s my predictions:

-:ulthero:gameplay overview/explaining MP mechanics (duh)
-Better look at Yggdrasil’s Altar
-Home-Run Contest
-World of Light expansion
-Sakurai making witty jokes.

-Mii Costumes pack 2: Prepare the salt
•Sora or Crono (one of those two)
•Geno & Choboco come back
•Slime hat
•Every non-playable DQ hero

And at the end, a little tease on :ultbanjokazooie:‘s progress.

Last edited:

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I don't really care about either Hero or Banjo, so I'm mainly in this for the unique movesets.

Really interested in learning how the spells will work. I'd actually love to get a character who's moveset is randomly created. Makes the player make the most of what he's got, which is actually a really clever nod to JRPGs.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I love that Dragon Quest is in Smash.

It's just we knew 6 months ahead of time

Even someone as beloved as Ridley would have suffered burnout eventually if he were in Erdricks shoes.
Ridley did suffer some burnout. The reactions would've been that much more insane had good old memoryman not spread the resetera backroom murmurs and then Herr Vergeben not chimed in.

That said, heads up might be helpful in some situations to help people acclimate to divisive picks. But for whatever reason, those aren't usually the leaks that make the rounds. However, for example, a lot of people were down on the idea of Ryu in Smash before that datamine slowly got people to accept the idea. It robbed us of what would've been a huge surprise, but it also mitigated blowback.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not picking a side but I will say repeatedly saying you dont care about it over and over is annoying when you can say it once and be done with the joke.
Love- A person that used to say they hated hoenn over and over for ****s and giggles to the point I got told to shut up about it

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wow, uh... jeez guys

So... DQ11 S looks like a lot of fun. Glad Hero gave me the push to try out the series.

Hero looks like a blast as well. So far my favorite DLC character since Lucas in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I’ll be honest, saying it more than once was probably unneeded.

Thought it was funny but in hindsight, but it kinda wasn’t. My B on that one.

D

Deleted member

HOLY ****

View attachment 232761

Lads I think I’ve done it. I think I finally found someone who didn’t like me.

Man, what an interesting day this has been.
Mate lets just drop it. Sorry I got mad. But seriously I became annoyed since instead of moving on, you just kept repeating the same thing over and over.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I didn't get an answer anywhere else, but it's about 9 PM for me. So what time on Tuesday should it be for me? I don't know timezones for ****. -_-
It's about to be 9 PM for you? Meaning it's about 8:57 where you live?

In that case, the presentation is at 8 AM on Tuesday. It's at 7 for me, and you're an hour ahead of me.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

Did I just step into something?
You either get involved or you be the person who posts something like:

[wacky expression]

Woah bucko! What kind of badlands did I just walk into?!?!?!?!

and then boom, you're suddenly sheldon from the big bang theory

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's about to be 9 PM for you? Meaning it's about 8:57 where you live?

In that case, the presentation is at 8 AM on Tuesday. It's at 7 for me, and you're an hour ahead of me.
If you're Central, it should be 8:00.
Mountain is 7:00.
Pacific is 6:00.
Should be a good time for me to watch and then prepare for a Funeral I'm going to attend.

D

Deleted member

I feel the need to clarify that Papageno himself isn’t a bad person (he is awesome).

The problem of the Papageno Discord server relies mostly on the memers and edgy users who bandwaggon characters such as Doomguy or Artorias and literally destroy any chance at having a sane conversation.

And it honestly has gotten into my nerves.

@ryumo the Zekenator I can assure you that nothing here can come as close to being taken from hell as the stuff on that server.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Mate lets just drop it. Sorry I got mad. But seriously I became annoyed since instead of moving on, you just kept repeating the same thing over and over.
Hey when people **** on a character you like, just remember

Ya still got that character

And nothing that can be said will change that

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel the need to clarify that Papageno himself isn’t a bad person (he is awesome).

The problem of the Papageno Discord server relies mostly on the memers and edgy users who bandwaggon characters such as Doomguy or Artorias and literally destroy any chance at having a sane conversation.

And it honestly has gotten into my nerves.

@ryumo the Zekenator I can assure you that nothing here can come as close to being taken from hell as the stuff on that server.
Why do you still hang there if it sucks?

Dee Dude

“Never ask Dee for anything again”
3DS FC
0576-7674-5319
Chill out. :222: You act like he's the sole proprietor of anything that jokes about Dragon Quest. Why such the hissy fit?
Wasn’t he the same guy who got mad at my “The only reason Hero was added so fans could shut up about Goku” joke?

Oh dude, he's looking slick.
I tweeted the exact same thing lol!
He actually looks like he got some rest so he took the time to prepare his hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom