• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Just noticed the thumbnail only says "A Hero is approaching". I'd be awfully disappointed if they only released one and didn't include the other three

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
All I'm expecting is Hero and a new mode or feature of some kind.

No Fighter #4 or #5. We'd be lucky if we get deets about bear of stringed instruments.

EDIT: I'm also expecting Mii Fighters costumes.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Tell that to the people who spammed me with tags for the freaking F4.

Yeah, same reply as the one I gave to the other person.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Also wanted to thank @Dr. Ivo "Eggman" Robotnik for resending that DQ8 Hero art back for me.
Your more known for the F4 to be honest. You talk about them more then anything else so that shouldn't surprise. No one cared for dragon quest on these boards really till the leaks, then upon announcement everyone was all over it and freaking out over hero to the point where everything blended together. So people remembering you for something that isn't as tallked about compared to something everyone is talking about, shouldn't surprise you. Lesser know things will always make someone stand out. And thats good you don't need to follow the crowd to fit in or be liked.

Iridium

Smash Hero
All I see is Team August living another day. Good time to be in it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nice, I just have to wake up 15 minutes earlier than usual. I'll be able to have a nice breakfast.

Surprised Sakurai is giving the presentation as Joker didn't had the same luxury aside from that video of him visiting Atlus.

I really expect the focus to be fully on DQ aside from Mii costumes, so I expect salt when a few of them are just glossed over.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
All I see is Team August living another day.
Sad thing is, even if Hero gets released in August, Team July won't acknowledge anything because we still got Hero info in July.

Which really stinks, because I took a lot of heat for not believing that Nintendo Switch summer ad on YouTube confirmed a July release.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
My guess for Mii Costume Wave 2.

Geno Costume
Chocobo outfit
Slime Hat
Alena Outfit
Crono Outfit

Shroob

Sup?
Sad thing is, even if Hero gets released in August, Team July won't acknowledge anything because we still got Hero info in July.

Which really stinks, because I took a lot of heat for not believing that Nintendo Switch summer ad on YouTube confirmed a July release.
Why does there always have to be "teams"?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
if crono is a mii costume I will huddle into a small ball until I accept that it was an inevitability all along

Which really stinks, because I took a lot of heat for not believing that Nintendo Switch summer an on YouTube confirmed a July release.
I think you're taking this too seriously, there's no teams, no one actually cares

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nice, I just have to wake up 15 minutes earlier than usual. I'll be able to have a nice breakfast.

Surprised Sakurai is giving the presentation as Joker didn't had the same luxury aside from that video of him visiting Atlus.

I really expect the focus to be fully on DQ aside from Mii costumes, so I expect salt when a few of them are just glossed over.
Hoping to see a Yangus Mii costume and War Cry as part of the music included.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
22 minutes for just gameplay, compared to the 15 minutes of everything version 3.0 had to offer.

AiThink.png

also i made a bet on whether or not we'd get hero news in july so my streak of winning bets remains 100% clean

also also hi everyone i missed u all enough to come on just for the sake of conversing about this exciting moment, i'll be here for a bit this time (as in i'm here now and i'll probably show up again when the trailer actually drops) because i just wanna talk with y'all

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
Ask the person who made a poll for this thread that has three different sets of teams.
it's just for fun, unless people start getting unnecessarily heated over it no one actually cares about the outcome. There's no competition.

Shroob

Sup?
22 minutes for just gameplay, compared to the 15 minutes of everything version 3.0 had to offer.

View attachment 232751

also i made a bet on whether or not we'd get hero news in july so my streak of winning bets remains 100% clean

also also hi everyone i missed u all enough to come on just for the sake of conversing about this exciting moment, i'll be here for a bit this time (as in i'm here now and i'll probably show up again when the trailer actually drops) because i just wanna talk with y'all
Holy **** Hinata. Glad to see ya.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So here's what I'm expecting:
Salt because Hero is an anime swordsman
Salt because who cares for DQ
Salt if Geno is a costume again
Salt if Geno is gone
Salt because no Banjo news despite the direct having nothing to do with Banjo
Salt because people overslept
Salt because why not
And Salt over the Hoes Mad memes.

Noipoi

Howdy!

View attachment 232751

How u been doin?

Do u still exist?

Is breathing still an option?

Dog?

D

Deleted member

Salt because Hero is an anime swordsman
Salt because who cares for DQ
Salt if Geno is a costume again
Salt if Geno is gone
Salt because no Banjo news despite the direct having nothing to do with Banjo
Salt because people overslept
Salt because why not
And Salt over the Hoes Mad memes.
In all honesty, Im expecting Geno costume that is just glossed over with no fanfare for maximum salt.

Anyone expecting any other than the hero + stage + DQ content + new mode + Mii costumes is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
How u been doin?

Do u still exist?

Is breathing still an option?

Dog?
I've been decent. Zombieland Saga got a second season confirmed, so that's why I'm back to zombie mode.

That's a matter of opinion, really.

You all only breathe because I allow it.

Cat.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
That’s the freaking problem.

I’m more than that, yet people only remember the stuff from months ago that I deeply reject.
I honestly have no idea what was that stuff. :3 I, myself, remembers you for being a really nice and fun guy, and for having a wonderful collection that I wish I had! xD And that lonely Godzilla... ^u^ Ademas de que eres de los pocos con los que hablo español de vez en cuando!

:happysheep:

Iridium

Smash Hero
Even a Neku outfit would be a good step for TWEWY.

I like Mii Costumes a lot. They almost always look so close to the real thing, and at least every franchise featured is acknowledged in some way. It's better than nothing.

Salt because why not
The Smash fandom in a nutshell.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My predictions for the video:
- Hero gameplay mechanics display
- Mii Costumes: Geno, Chocobo, Crono, Lloyd Irving, Byleth (M and F), Monster Hunter. Heihachi’s Costume is strangely missing... (reason Lloyd is here and not Heihachi is cause these are all RPG themed Costumes)
- DQ Spirits on spirit board
- free patched in Sephiroth Assist Trophy and additional FF tunes including non-VII ones (lemme dream ok??)
- Home Run Contest
- and finally, that WoL-related thing they were teasing in Hero’s trailer... which is surprise, just the ability to put the Galeem and Dharkon auras/fake fighter effects on anyone you choose, it’s treated separately from alts. Expecting an actual WoL Expansion? Too bad!
- ok sike that’s not all there is - tease of Kasumi Yoshizawa, who isn’t a Pass Fighter but individual like PP and will be revealed proper on August 17

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
6AM PT?? ._.

Oh yeah, this one's for Japan. :laugh:
everyone's been going "this anime swordfighter is for stinky anime swordfighter loving japan!!!!" for 1 month and only now people realize the timestamp?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom