• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Please Read Last Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well don't I look like a ****ing fool.

Last edited by a moderator:

StormC

Smash Hero
22 minutes? That's really long. Damn.

6 AM PT? Good lord. The one time it sucks to be a Californian.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Aw **** 9 AM?

They want me to wake up at 9 for a character I don’t even care that much about?

The best part is I’ll do it anyway. That’s 22 minutes, there’s gotta be something interesting in there.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Everyone: Nothing happened
Nintendo: Hold my beer

Quick, everyone act defeated again!

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Finally some news. I'm guessing Hero will be released on the 31st. And it's 22 minutes so there's going to be other 4.0 stuff.

Last edited:

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
22 minutes for just hero is a bit much, there's gotta be something else

but the last time I thought that Sakurai spent like ten minutes on the options menu so who knows

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
GENO MY BOI HERO MAH BOI YOU MUST RAID SQUARE ENIX AND SAVE GENO FROM THE DREADED SEPHIROTH

nah we're just getting his costume again...oh well, better than nothing, just 25 cents right...? Gonna be the only one I get aside from whatever comes with B-K, potentially...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Wait a minutes. The Joker reveal trailer was ~15 minutes. This thing is 22 minutes long, even though it should be shorter (There won't be a trailer because it was at E3, and Home-Run Contest should be a much shorter explanation than Stage Builder).

could we be getting more than we expect?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Wait a minutes. The Joker reveal trailer was ~15 minutes. This thing is 22 minutes long, even though it should be shorter (There won't be a trailer because it was at E3, and Home-Run Contest should be a much shorter explanation than Stage Builder).

could we be getting more than we expect?
A full 15 minutes on Geno’s mii costume

D

Deleted member

Clearly the extra 7 minutes compared to Joker's presentation is going to be dedicated to Sakurai ruthlessly executing every other requested Square character in ritual sacrifice for the Mii gods.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I mean, while I'd love for Grunty to be a boss as well, the Castlevania stage did just that with Death, the Werewolf, Carmilla, Frankenstein's monster, the mummies, and Medusa.
True.

Though I posit that, since the dlc has a smaller resource pool, everything needs to be used to its greatest possible extent here, whereas they can have some frivolous stuff base game.

Iridium

Smash Hero
I thought Twitch chat was messing around again when they mentioned this. Well.

22 minutes for just hero is a bit much, there's gotta be something else

but the last time I thought that Sakurai spent like ten minutes on the options menu so who knows
Maybe he'll spend about 10 minutes reading out his hit list.

D

Deleted member

This was shared in the B-K thread:

https://twitter.com/PAMVLLO/status/1143526202705141760?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1143526202705141760&ref_url=https://smashboards.com/threads/banjo-kazooie-social-thread-project-dream-come-true.446558/page-730

Someone lowered the volume of/nearly removed the music from the B-K trailer, so we can hear the sound effects during the gameplay footage. During the scene that shows Banjo and Kazooie facing the bridge and Grunty's Lair on their own, you can hear a sound that sounds similar to a boss intro sound.
*Heavy breathing*
I'm still skeptical of a Grunty boss since that sets precedence for some fighters getting more gameplay-impacting content than others, which I feel like they might see as "unfair", but it could happen.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Clearly its opening with a Geno Trailer as a special offer who's available right after the direct right guys?

Come on... Geno you must survive...

Or Mario RPG music please?

BlueMonk

Smash Champion
joker was just one character, but hero is four, so it makes sense why the presentation would be longer

D

Deleted member

Came back after hearing the news just recently.

And unsurprisingly, this thread did not even bother to tag me for sure.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Sakurai:
"We've finally gotten more final fantasy music.

*introduces one more track.

BlueMonk

Smash Champion

there's no reason to tag one specific person when literally all of smashboards would be excited for this

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

It literally just happened, everyone was a bit to hyped to immediately tag anyone. I'm sure you would have been soon enough though.

D

Deleted member

Oh yeah Hero hype. Funny thing is I had friends from out-of-town over to hang out for the weekend and we were joking about Hero dropping after they all left
Little did we know that's exactly what's going to happen.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Oh, so this is apparently a demo?

Seems a little long, but based off the image included with the Tweet, I'm not expecting too much outside gameplay of Hero and perhaps a new mode at best. I really don't think we'll get our fourth character this early.

D

Deleted member

It literally just happened, everyone was a bit to hyped to immediately tag anyone. I'm sure you would have been soon enough though.
Tell that to the people who spammed me with tags for the freaking F4.

there's no reason to tag one specific person when literally all of smashboards would be excited for this
Yeah, same reply as the one I gave to the other person.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Also wanted to thank Metal Shop X Metal Shop X for resending that DQ8 Hero art back for me.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh yeah Hero hype. Funny thing is I had friends from out-of-town over to hang out for the weekend and we were joking about Hero dropping after they all left
Little did we know that's exactly what's going to happen.
They’re psychic

Hang out with them More often

It may save your life

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
That said though, Mii Costume Theory's fate is on the line soon on whether it gets supported or busted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom